Total Members Voted: 7

ram

Cricket- RIP CMJ, Greigy and Neil Adcock
« on: August 09, 2012, 11:31 »
What a tit.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 14:17 by ram »

ram

But he'd shoot off about how difficult it is being KP in a political party he founded.

Replacements be bare. Chris Woakes be the next best batsman, though KP with one foot could bowl better than super dobber.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Could be a massive change. Would be crazy if Strauss stayed on for much longer, he's out of his depths. Might as well draft in Blowers, he won't do any worse.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    Megalomaniac, surely a career in politics beckons when he's finished ca$hing in at the IPL.

Not sure that pays well enough.       He'll probably become a merchant banker at some point.

• ReplyReply

• ram

And I thought England's attack was cack. Bairstow 73 not out against Australia A. Guess I can't expect anything but wider and wider half volley from Mitchell Johnson, the four wickets in the first innings was a cunning reward plan by England, and Jackson Bint's not quick enough.

Two fast bowlers? WTF are they trying to emulate? With Lyon and Jon Cloggie?
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    Team selection will be interesting for the 3rd test.  They have to pick an attack that they think can take 20 wickets, which means Swann has to come in.  They need the Lord's groundstaff to prepare a wicket that enables that, rather than a featherbed.  Yes, the Saffa's may skittle you on a juicy wicket, but equally, Anderson is capable of running through any batting line up in the world on his day.  If they go with five bowlers however, Prior will presumably then bat at 6.  Which means Taylor would be dropped - a bit harsh after a promising debut. 

Re strength in depth, I've never been his biggest fan, but Bresnan does not look like a test standard bowler.  Onions  would be a better bet imho, even if Bresnan is a better batsman.  Woakes/Meaker/any others on the county circuit - who knows.  When's Tremlett back fit?
    For the batsmen, the selectors clearly like Bairstow, and he'll get another chance soon enough (once KP is  shown the door...?)  Root's clearly the annointed successor to Strauss when the time comes, but not exactly filled with confidence...
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

ram

Tremlett may need a knee surgery. That'd sideline him for a few months, and it really can't bode well, he may be a crocked force now, and I like him. Agree about Bres and Onions.

U19 World cup has started today. Aneesh Kapil and Dan Bell Drummond are the standouts from your lot. Bell Drummond is a decent player, but they're having their arses handed in by baby AUssies.

Indian squad-
    Unmukt Chand (capt), Akshdeep Nath (vc), Manan Vohra, Akhil Herwadkar, Vijay Zol, Sandipan Das, Baba Aparajith, Prashant Chopra, Sandeep Sharma, Kamal Passi, Rush Kalaria, Mohsin Sayyed, Smit Patel (wk), Harmeet Singh, Vikas Mishra.

Zol was decent in the Asian U19s and Chand is the most reputed of that lot.

Cam Bancroft of Australia's made his ODD debut and played three matches, and totalled an impressive 2 runs. He's not a tailender btw.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

I'll assume it's not Giles as he wasn't a bowler but an impersonator. So, Simon Jones it is. Poor bloke ruptured his knee at the Gabba back in 2002. Was a perennial crock since then, but what a fine bowler.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

FFS even our U19s suck.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    I'll assume it's not Giles as he wasn't a bowler but an impersonator. So, Simon Jones it is. Poor bloke ruptured his knee at the Gabba back in 2002. Was a perennial crock since then, but what a fine bowler.

Ram, how dare you criticise the King of Spain!  But yes, Jones was such a talent, now playing at Glamorgan - was at Hampshire, but never been the same player since 2005.

OK, so KP left out of the squad for the final test.  Bloody nora, that's a surprise, but after 'textgate', it's clear the selectors prioritise team unity above all else.  On the plus side, golden opportunity to play 5 bowlers in order to try and win the test - Taylor at 5, Prior at 6, then Bresnana, Broad, Swann, Anderson, Finn, but I have a horrible feeling it will be the usual line up of 6 plus Prior then the 4 bowlers...  We'll see. 

I would love it though, if at the toss on Thursday, the presenter asked Strauss 'So, Andrew, any changes made for this game...?'   ;D

Also worth noting, this has got to be game over for KP's international career.  Can't see how he will get back in - central contracts handed out in September, wouldn't be surprised if he was not offered one.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

I'll take KP's side on this texting issue. HTF did private text conversations get leaked to the public? The telegraph reported that the ECB asked the South African players to reveal the alleged texts. WTF? Thick by KP, but since when did the boards start snooping?

As it is, I think KP now is like Flintoff 2009, and not regarded so highly in the dressing room. May be all the better in the long run.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10284
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    was away and cricket is down on the list

what did KP say really ?
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

ram

Too much to summarise in a post. That said, considering your post, I'm having thoughts of putting thee on the ignore list.

Basically, first his retirement. Then saying he wanted to play T20, then he sooked about how tough it was for him to be KP in England, then he revoked his retirement, then his messages to Steyn and AB were leaked. Now it's all just sh*te.

In positive news, one of the Overton twins is rapid. Think it's Jamie, but he's well faster than the first team atm.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10284
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
     :P

;D
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Another bloody premier league. FFS, I thought Lanka's PL was doomed.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Shiet, WTF is wrong with the ECB? Only KP gets disciplined? This bails the badger Ryan Bailey is a mate of Bresnan and Broad, and slags off KP publicly and KP's the only villain. His stance has actually been strengthened. What a load of bullsh*t this toxic dressing room is. It's usually overrated (Church and Warne) but this is public mickey taking. Add to that a rabbit who can't play spin and who can't pull or hook or duck and England are ready for a dose of arse flip. So they'll win the last test before coming to India to have their arses handed in. It's all a ploy for that.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

We have a Vinay Kumar clone in our U19s. Goodness me, of all the things that could be cloned, Sharma has to pick Vinay Kumar. Absolute lardheap of a bowler to emulate, and he's also a 75 mile an hour dobber.
  • ReplyReply

• lancasterke

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 467
    • Awards: Thread of the year 2015
    Re: Cricket V2- KP no more Genius
    « Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 18:26 »
    serves KP right. he's a tool and he's not young enough to expect people to bend over for him. it's also not his first issue with the england team (peter moores) good riddance.

• ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 18:43 »
    I see him coming back, Flower is a tough coach and will not allow it unless KP truly "repents" so to speak, but he has the desire to continue playing and he certainly has the talent.

Interestingly these cases of top players warring with their countries' cricket boards are getting more and more common imo and imo it is starting to get a bit concerning.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

ram

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 01:36 »
    Dropping the best batsman in the team is clearly not going to do any favours. Bell, Strauss and Bairstow are absolute passengers. Seriously, when was the last time Strauss scored some half decent runs against a good team or Bell showing any semblance of half grit? How does it help this team spirit thing that a mate of KP's team mates (Broad, Bresnan and Hales) takes the mickey out of him publicly? And since when did the ECB start personality policing by scouring out text messages? Why not do the same for Broad, Bresnan, Hales and possibly the ego chin Swann. Ryan Bailey had some inside info wrt the dressing room, not as a team member level but he had some (when the team went to dinner and who), and that's been ignored in this new disciplinarian ECB.

Not defending his texts or any of his plethora of shenanigans, he deserves a lot that comes his way, but it seems he's being made a scapegoat of sorts when he's been the only performer for England in the series. Also, the quicker Derek Pringle shuts up, the better. An absolute waste of time.

And Bresnan's comments yesterday, what a load of sh*t. Might as well shut his gob and make the most sense he does, especially when he's dobbing it worse than Chris Woakes.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 02:00 by ram »

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 02:24 »
    Could not see Dicky Bird managing that.

and since when did promising marriage for sex then backing off result in the police being called.

if they arrested every man that lied for sex....
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 07:30 »
    She could accuse him on more tenable grounds. Not that he'll get convicted ever.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    « Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 11:19 »
    Ram, I think you're spot on to talk about double standards here.  If people believe Broad when he says he had nothing to do with the  fake twitter account, despite it being one of his best mates, then they'll believe anything.  Interesting point in the paper this morning, about how so much of this does not add up: KP was offended by the tweets, yet apparently interacted with them (don't know what he said though); also, Bailey "a self confessed showman" close the account unless he was pressurised to do so, when he could have enjoyed the notoriety...?   Much as I think the ECB are right to discipline KP for the sake of team unity, it does seem like it is one rule for him, and another for the other players.  By all accounts, KP was hoping for some sort of disciplinary action against Broad as a prelude to his own apology.  If the ECB seem able to get acces to KP's texts, surely they could do the same with Broad's phone and see what, if anything, he has texted to Bailey...? 

As for the apology that his agent issued to the ECB yesterday, it's clearly not enough - for them at least.  They want a a full public no holds barred grovelling it sounds like, something I can't see KP doing willingly.  Although he now says he has made himself available (again!) for all forms of international cricket, I don't see him being picked for any of the limited overs stuff vs South Africa.  KP's ego will take offence that despite his efforts to apologise and be available, England aren't interested, and therefore say bo to a central contract in September, which would be game over as far as his  international career is concerned.  An arrogant so and  so he might be, but if we have seen him in international cricket for the last time, it is a very sad day for not only English cricket but the international game as a whole. 
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 11:28 »
    Sage Dances. We saw him at pretty much his best in the second test, and batting really doesn't get too much better than that. I certainly don't want him to go into Pollardesque 2020 oblivion.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 14:01 »
    A brief change of topic as a former England bowler gets mired in even greater trouble than the spot of bother KP is in, in the form of Liam Plunkett who was not all that bad in his day..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-19269276
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 14:07 »
    Which day was he not all bad? ;D Good county bowler, England were scraping the barrel when they selected him.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 03:42 »
    Goodness, England's U19s are sh*t with the bat. Not a wonder at all considering where Aneesh Kapil bats
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 13:29 »
    Good session for England. Dodgy decisions there. You lot are being set up for India.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 13:36 »
    Massive session for England in fact, to topple the very batsmen who have plagued and tormented them so much is great motivation and this very well maybe the necessary push to awaken the team from the slumber it has been in since the begining of this series. Maybe i shouldnt get too far ahead of myslf especially with the state of England's middle order at the moment, but good signs so far and I am hoping to witness an English victory when I go to Lords on Sunday.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde by AG
    [Today at 01:40]

Re: De Ronde van Vlaanderen by AG
    [Today at 00:37]

Re: Khaos: The Lost Frontier by krabkakes
    [March 29, 2017, 23:26]

Re: Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde by search
    [March 29, 2017, 21:29]

Re: Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde by t-72