1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

froome19

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 2029
  • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
Re: Cricket- RIP CMJ, Greigy and Neil Adcock
« Reply #1440 on: January 12, 2015, 14:44 »
Yes, funnily enough it is the BBL which appears to be convincing the English Media that they need a Franchise based T20 tournament, due to the English players performances. Whether a Franchise tournament would benefit performance and counties is irrelevant. The financial benefits and popularity to me outweighs anything else.

Carberry has always been pretty destructive. He played a devastating innings to beat Lancs a while back.

I do find it interesting that Australia are playing a series at the same time as the BBL. That would never happen with India & the IPL, so the BBL hasn't made it just yet but it is well on its well.

The Indians overseas just can't bowl. As Dravid correctly says their batting has potential and ability, but their fast bowling in particular is simply not good enough for a side aiming to be amongst the best in test cricket. Their batting does show promise, despite the many holes which exist. Rahul played a good century, Vijay looks good, Sharma is good if inconsistent and if Kohli can find consistency he can become a great.

And to the world cup..

England appear to be picking Bell over Hales, which is understandable as if Hales isn't in form then his place simply isn't justified and his batting in the BBL suggests he isn't in form. My big worry is over Morgan he simply appears in woeful form and his place must surely come under scrutiny, which won't help the side seeing as he has just been made captain. The bowlers aren't faring too bad. One of Woakes, Finn and Jordan will join Anderson and Broad, and at the moment I feel it might just be Woakes due to his reliability and his batting. Jordan's poor bowling yesterday certainly didn't help his cause and he will need a masterful performance against the PMXI to salvage his place.

The Windies batting is very strong, if weakened by their ridiculous insistence to leave out Bravo and Pollard. Yet their destructive capacity may also leave them prone to batting collapses and I really don't fancy their bowling attack. The South Africans also have a very well balanced batting attack led by De Villiers who is absolutely unbelievable. If they can get players like Miller and Du Plessis into form they will be very hard to beat. Similar to Australia who will want their big game players such as Finch and Maxwell to fire, though their bowling attack looks very solid as well, though Johnson I have a feeling will sorely disappoint.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 851
    • Awards: Rio Olympics Prediction Champ
    « Reply #1441 on: January 22, 2015, 21:27 »
    I'm so so glad that Finn has come back into some form, always rated that guy.

I think we've actually got half a decent chance, as long as Jordan isn't playing. We've got good fast bowlers who are used to Australian conditions and some proper batsmen who have the potential to be destructive. As ever with England, reaching that potential is probably going to be the struggle.

Can't see the Windies doing too well here, or India, because of their bowling attacks. I actually think New Zealand have got a really good chance, they always do quite well and McCullum just looks unstoppable.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1442 on: January 28, 2015, 18:39 »
    The Windies batting has the potential to launch an all out assault and destroy bowling attacks, but it is unlikely and they have some weak links as well. However, after the group stages a team is only 3 wins away from the trophy and so who knows?

Without Narine now..they'll be up against it just to make it out of their group though.

England are looking slightly better at the moment, however I don't see them coming close to a fully fit and raring to go first choice Australian Eleven.

In other news, Yorkshire made two big money signings today. Finch & Maxwell are inconsistent but when they come good, they are very good.
    The BBL4 was also a huge success and a dramatic, nail biting finale was the perfect way to cap it all off.
  • ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 851
    • Awards: Rio Olympics Prediction Champ
    « Reply #1443 on: January 28, 2015, 19:35 »
    There's been some phenomenal finishes in the BBL this year - IMO it's looked miles better than the IPL for drama.

Great news for Yorkshire, even if they are only there for when all the young Yorkshire lads head off to play for England  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3504
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1444 on: January 29, 2015, 01:03 »
    I dont usually watch cricket - but last nights game was a great advertisement for the game.

It was very entertaining indeed
  • ReplyReply

• LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    • Liked: 382
    • Awards: Reigning TDF Prediction Champ2015 Giro Quiz League - 1st PlaceNew Member of 2014
    « Reply #1445 on: February 15, 2015, 21:14 »
    Come on Ireland!
  • ReplyReply
  • "Cycling is like boxing: It's not a game. It's a hard, pitiless sport that demands very great sacrifices.One plays football, tennis, hockey, but one does not play at cycling."
    - Jean de Gribaldy

Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 270
    • Awards: 2017 Vuelta Prediction Champ2017 Worlds Prediction Champ2014 & 2015 Official Prediction Game Champ
    « Reply #1446 on: February 16, 2015, 05:46 »
    A very nice win fir Ireland, well done  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    :bump

England   :p
    Really unimpressed...
    The openers look awful, lacking any semblance of confidence.
    This should be a stroll, take a look at the averages of the WI batsmen, a ranking of 8th in the world..
    If we can't successfully take apart WI, we have no chance against NZ, Aus and SA..

Anyways over in India, it is IPL time :cheer
    Some terrific cricket, bowling, batting, uncovering stars.
    Kings XI struggling, their batting isn't coming off, whilst Delhi seem to be piecing themselves together thanks to their threesome of super spinners. Watch out for Shreyas Iyer, he has got quality. Still I think Yuvraj needs to be playing proper match winnings innings to be justifying his price tag. Rajahstahn has been terrific, a very balanced team. CSK looking their usual selves with that fearsome opening duo and firepower below. Nehra has been fantastic as well. Hyderebad need to sort themselves out, dropping Williamson after one innings at 3 :fp

Morgan isn't in great form, though nice to see at least one Englishmen, Ravi, playing decently. Though the Indians seem to think he is one of their own..Dropping Steyn, then dropping Boult... Can't imagine who decided Dave Warner should be captain. Mumbai are a train wreck, their Indian batsmen are way below par atm, bar Rohit who is keeping them afloat. Their spinners aren't what they used to be, Maligna isn't either. They need to change round their overseas players and refresh their bowling attack asap..
  • ReplyReply

• LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    • Awards: Reigning TDF Prediction Champ2015 Giro Quiz League - 1st PlaceNew Member of 2014
    If we lose to this shower...said the Irishman.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    Good innings by your countryman today LaVelo. Morgan finally came into his own.

Will be exciting to see the Ireland game, when I originally heard of it I wasn't impressed. Whats the point of calling them England when it is not England? But the more I think about it the more excited I am to see a new look England team, playing against a tough to beat Irish team..
  • ReplyReply

• LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    Embarrassed ourselves a bit there, glad it was rained off!
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Awards: 2017 Vuelta Prediction Champ2017 Worlds Prediction Champ2014 & 2015 Official Prediction Game Champ
    « Reply #1451 on: October 25, 2016, 10:45 »
    England better get Hameed opening for the second test in Bangladesh. No point in not playing him before we go to India and get A 5/0 thrashing.
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1452 on: November 09, 2016, 07:42 »
    So the 19 yr old Hameed has made his test debut in India. Not a bad start looks very useful.
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    Rabada must be gutted to be missing the 2nd test for the Saffers. Plenty of wickets to be taken.

England getting well rolled over
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1454 on: September 15, 2017, 20:32 »
    Essex win the County Championship  :cool :cool :cool :s :s ;)
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Not My Circus
    [Today at 10:08]

Re: Stig Broeckx Recovery Thread by Echoes
    [October 22, 2017, 15:37]

Re: Gree - Tour of Guangxi by Echoes
    [October 22, 2017, 11:17]

Re: Misc. American Tour Races 2017 (Vuelta a Guatemala) by Leadbelly
    [October 22, 2017, 07:35]

Re: Gree - Tour of Guangxi by Leadbelly