John Buchanan
4 (57.1%)
Buchanan, John
2 (28.6%)
Failed Professor Buchanan
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

ram

Stricker wasn't his best at all. No points through the tourney. Woods was poor apart from that match vs Colsaerts. But Love could not have expected to lose the first five matches, especially when it's usually the US who dominate this format.

Pointless musings only.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    Woods 1/2 point from 4 counted so much,  probably had the hump because he wasn't getting paid and couldn't stand his colleagues as per usual. 

I still reckon Mikelson is the player the Euros fear the most because he can putt and play ridiculous shots at times.       Always tough to play against whereas Woods always looks lost in Ryder cup.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Not much doubt there, especially in the foursomes and fourballs. Woods' singles record is pretty decent. Phil is a magician, obviously not Seve level, with the wedges and shorter clubs.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11168
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    and some how I am watching the cricket  :P
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

ram

No, you're not. You're watching 2020.

Watch more of it, I like to see twitto fail
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2048
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    Been away for a while... but would like to hijack the thread for a last time to pay homage to the European Ryder cup Team:

:pray  :pray :pray
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

ram

Hijack? It's been golf for the past five days. And then come the Links championships, which Lara, Warnie, Steve Waugh and Beefy will all be playing. So, it's perfectly reasonable to be golf again over the week.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    No, you're not. You're watching 2020.

Watch more of it, I like to see twitto fail

I'd rather watch Kepler Wessels bat for 7 hours than watch 20-20.  All the games merge into one and are instantly forgettable.

Instant gratification for the kids but ultimately completely pointless.

• ReplyReply

• ram

Goodness me, that's nigh on masochism. For all the twits that the Saffas have produced, Kepler's got to be the worst. Even South Africans can't stand him.

But worry not, Kragg Brathwaite has the ability to outdo Phil Tufnell's duck without blinking.

Agree though, dour stuff can be intriguing, sixes every ball aren't so.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

The ECB would've  had to grovel to him equally as much considering how crapulent with the bat England are without KP. They stood no chance here without him.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Only other world cup in 2015 is the Rugby world cup.

Flower seems to have lost a lot of his meticulous planning qualities in recent times. 2015 is too long, that's Fletcher long.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    Funny when you realise how organisations who look and seem in control sometimes really are not all that powerful as they  may seem.

Unfortunately waiting for the KP moment in cycling to humble the UCI, has not come yet..
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Bit of a push to call the ECB as the UCI. All said, KP brought it upon himself. He got the harsh end, well harsh compared to Swann and Broad, but he deserved it. It wasn't just him that did.

Everyone seemed a bunch of :censoreds fumbling along, just that even they're better than clueless :censoreds. This tournament was as poorly planned as the 2007 2020 World cup, and Philip flipping Schofield was in that team.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    True..

If they had not got lucky with Wright coming into form it would have been somehow worse than it has been, but the whole build up was rubbish. Seemed like they were focusing too much on SA series and when that went wrong...

True not much to compare UCI to ECB, but i think they do have some aspects which do share some resemblances
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Again, I'd take a test series win over the Jaarpies any day over a 2020 World cup. It was just the cluelessness of the team. What's the point of changing a team which for once has looked competitive in the tournament and replace it with messiah Dernbach.

Every organisation share resemblances with the UCI, not every organisation puts their weight behind an accused. Still don't see the comparison, tbh. Now if the ICC protects Tendulkar from match fixing claims, then it's comparable. Never happened, never named, never implicated.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    Been out the loop for a few days, but boom, Europe, get in!  That was awesome.

Glad I'm not in alone in this entire T20 passing me by - really couldn't care less about it at all.  ICC take note. 

As for KP, thank heavens because much as I find him rather irritating, I have the nagging feeling that England's middle order really needs him.  As Ram said, Flower's careful planning seems to have rather gone awry - particularly in terms of developing strength in depth.  I don't really want any of Bopara, Morgan, Bairstow (not test players) or Root (too young and unproven atm) in the team.  Compton I can't make my mind up on - yes he had a great season, but is he the next best batsman on the county circuit, I don't know.  Consequently, KP at four, provided he's 're-integrated' successfully into the team, would be just marvellous.
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

ram

Ed Smith had a top season too.

Bairstow needs time, if he's given half as many chances as Bopara got, he'd have fifty caps. He scored a 90 odd against South Africa, when was the last time Flopara got near 30?
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Branden Grace, nuff said. flipping 60 at Kingsbarns, 4 wins this year in the European and Sunshine tour, he's a hot player.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Be a good Australia Windian prelude with Australia and Windies playing. Good match, but Stephanie Taylor's gone and female Broad Elyse Perry is on fire.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    Even though I've never seen her bowl, I'm  going to go out on a limb and say that this Perry girl >>>>>>>>>> Wee Stuey.  Aggers compared her action to McGrath - accurate assessment?   
  • ReplyReply

• ram

She looks like Stuart Broad, which does not say anything about her masculine appearance, more about Broad.

She's the goods, and a football player too. No comparisons of women's quicks to men's though. No surprise final there.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:43 by ram »

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    Bravo teeing off.  Gayle teeing off.  Pollard about to tee off.  Who'd be an Australian bowler?
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    Doherty bowling the final over to Gayle.  This can only end badly for Xavier. 
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    Sure it is hard to counter the Windies when they are playing like that...
    But full on tosses ::) :fp

• ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    Good call DOTP...

25 of the over and considering the batsmen in, I dont get why they bowled spin..
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Sky Sports Cricket ‏@SkyCricket
    Doherty to blow the last #brave

Sagacity, he blows.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    Somewhat amazingly (I think), the Aussies managed to restrict Gayle to facing only 41 balls, despite him batting for the full 20 overs.   Imagine what he could have done if he'd faced even another 10 or 15?  Still, got an absolute mountain to climb to win this one.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Poor fellow Gayle, from being squeezed in his hotel room by some women to being squeezed by male physio on the pitch.

How the mighty fall
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    Warner goes and the order just gets taller.

The Aussies have the firepower, but they cant lost wickets and if Watson goes their chances get halved imo
  • ReplyReply

• ram

One more wicket and the tail starts.

twitto goes and Australia are out

Post Merge: November 09, 2012, 14:59
    In more exciting news, a dog interrupted Paul Casey's round at Kingsbarns.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 14:59 by ram, Reason: Merged DoublePost »