Buchanan, John
2 (25%)
Failed Professor Buchanan
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 989
  • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
Re: Cricket- RIP CMJ, Greigy and Neil Adcock
« Reply #1380 on: February 25, 2014, 16:32 »
Cast your mind back to Chester le Street. This second innings was almost a carbon copy of that second innings then... Even your stats show that there are far too many innings below 80 overs there to just say that Australia batting 80 overs is a given (should be even more stark with the India tour there).

As for Steyn, never said that, and only a person who's never seen him bowl will say he's sh*t. He's the best of this generation. Yet he was no doubt under par in the first test. Warne and Amby had sh*t matches too....
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 16:42 by multiidfarknugget »

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #1381 on: February 26, 2014, 14:53 »
    10/12 tests had at least an innings 80+ overs.

I don't really care for 'given' but I'd certainly say it was the norm and you'd expect they'd last to the new ball. And the PE first inning was the shortest in 10 tests...again that indicates that's hardly the norm or something to expect regularly.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #1382 on: February 26, 2014, 17:22 »
    10/12 tests had at least an innings 80+ overs.
    That is hardly something to boast about. No, really. Batting 80 overs isn't a matter of prestige, it's bare bones that has to be done every innings.

Anyway, that's the last I will say on this. Quite enough cricket going around to brood over another Australian/English/Indian collapse.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 126
    « Reply #1383 on: February 26, 2014, 19:55 »
    Well, as expected Sat & Sunday are sold out, but I quite like Day 3 a lot anyway, and there's a good chance I might head to Newlands on Monday *WOOHOO*
  • ReplyReply
  • Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #1384 on: February 27, 2014, 00:27 »
    That is hardly something to boast about. No, really. Batting 80 overs isn't a matter of prestige, it's bare bones that has to be done every innings.

Anyway, that's the last I will say on this. Quite enough cricket going around to brood over another Australian/English/Indian collapse.
    I never said it was a matter of prestige. Just that an inning "collapse" is not something to be expected from this team at the moment...then I used those stats to back up that statement. Don't run away down another trail now.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #1385 on: February 27, 2014, 05:44 »
    *Sigh* I give up.

if that's the way you interpret the stark stats above, then fine.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1386 on: February 27, 2014, 07:13 »
    *Sigh* I give up.

if that's the way you interpret the stark stats above, then fine.

:o

Okay, WTH are you and WHAT did you do with Ram??? :P
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1387 on: February 28, 2014, 19:55 »
    Well, I hardly managed any sleep the nights before the other 2 tests started, but at least today I suffered from a massive hangover so tonight should be easier :D Can't wait for it!
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1388 on: February 28, 2014, 21:43 »
    Ended up watching Windies v Eng ODI as a little foreplay for tomorrow :) Windies won...
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    HOLY SH*T :o THIS IS SOME CRICKET #SAvAus
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    WTH! Where are the cricket folk??? I ended up joining PakPassion today, man :(
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2050
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    A bit late to the party kabs... :D
    But agreed, epic match it seems like, even if I was away and didn't get to watch it all.
    If there was any doubt these two teams are the world's two best it has been washed away after this series!

• ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Froome's Thoughts

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 113
    • Cycling blogger, Team Sky, Chris Froome
      • Froome's Thoughts
    SA and Australia are taking modern cricket to a new level. They've brought back pace bowling - the real beauty of test cricket and it is absolutely enthralling. Warner is really turning into a great. And Clarke decides to remind everyone he is still the heart of this new Aussie team. Just brilliant!
  • ReplyReply
  • Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

~ Albert Einstein, letter to his son Eduard, 1930

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    If there was any doubt these two teams are the world's two best it has been washed away after this series!

;) I *loved* it - I suspected I was going to see good cricket but *WOW* what good stuff - you don't see this calibre every day, mama mia!
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    SA and Australia are taking modern cricket to a new level. They've brought back pace bowling - the real beauty of test cricket and it is absolutely enthralling. Warner is really turning into a great. And Clarke decides to remind everyone he is still the heart of this new Aussie team. Just brilliant!

Yes, yes, and yes! As much as I love to win, I don't want a whitewash - I prefer a well matched game of equals. I love Warner's batting, and well impressed with everything re Clarke...

How f*cking hard core were Steyn & Morkel today :o and Clarke handled it like a frikking champ, I was well impressed - awesome awesome cricket!
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    PS Saw a cricket article somewhere that said it has always been the team with the strongest bowling attack - not batsmen - that dominates (referred to Windies, Aussies, etc) so....
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    Oh dear, joining PakPassion :D

Morkel's spell again Clarke was terrific. I'm not really sold on Warner's T20 style but it's getting him runs so *shrug*.

Also Newlands would have to be the sexiest venue in cricket anywhere.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    Repeated so often that it's a cliche. The dominant sides have always had the best batting and bowling. Otherwise there would've been stages where Pakistan could've been the best side (Sarfraz, Imran, Qadir and Wasim, Waqar, Saqi).
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    He he we'll see how I fare over there, I reckon there will be loads Misbah haters, so things could get heated :angry :D

Yeah, Newlands is frikking AWESOME
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Oh okay, cool, Ram 'cos I was wondering about that, good to know. I guess stats don't lie, and I guess this sort of thing is always available on Cricinfo eh?
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Looks like Steyn's still injured...
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Just as I felt torn due to falling wickets, the rain starts falling at Newlands, and my decision to go exercise just became very very easy :D Jeepers, now what?
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Enjoyed the Aussie batting so much :) And the last 12 balls of Pak v India :D And now The WI v Eng ODI :lol

Not sure about Newlands tomorrow though, the rain might not let up
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    Bah. Would have seen a declaration at 500-550 I reckon.

Did Australia win the last series? Can't remember who wins it if the series is tied.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Yeah, not sure what happens either in such a case, I hate draws due to weather :angry
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    This isn't a trophy, it's a series.

Did Australia win the last series? No, they got beaten at Perth.
  • ReplyReply

• 42x16ss

• Domestique
    • Liked: 380
    • Awards: Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014

Clarke has shown more mettle and steel than just about anyone I've ever seen this innings. Morkel raked him over the coals, hitting Clarke with everything he had in an incredible spell and he stood strong. If I ever see or hear an Aus cricket "fan" ever complain about his temperament or dedication ever again they are getting a swift kick to the groin. This has been an innings to remember.

If Morkel was bowling to anyone else he'd have taken 5 or 6 for not much. This is some contest!
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    This isn't a trophy, it's a series.

Did Australia win the last series? No, they got beaten at Perth.
    Ah right. Was probably thinking of their last series in South Africa. So the Saffers will play for a draw then :D
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    All due respect to Clarke, I am SO impressed with this guy, it's not even funny. Having said that, it ain't over 'til it's over, and if ANYBODY can mount a successful comeback against all odds, it's the Proteas - let's hope for some flipping miracle, and perhaps some of the greatest cricket we have ever seen...

Oh, and PS:

'@FirdoseM
    At 10.22pm, CSA released a statement confirming this Test match will be Graeme Smith's last. #savaus #cricket'

Sorry to post Ms Moonda after her last high profile blunder, but hers was the 1st tweet I saw, let's call it a crime of convencience shall we :P
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    Clutch player. Doubt there are many top batsmen who were worse on the off side than him. Thought he had more, but 11 years as captain must've taken its toll.

All due respect to Clarke, I am SO impressed with this guy, it's not even funny. Having said that, it ain't over 'til it's over, and if ANYBODY can mount a successful comeback against all odds, it's the Proteas - let's hope for some flipping miracle, and perhaps some of the greatest cricket we have ever seen...
    Tbh, South Africa aren't winning from here.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:35 by multiidfarknugget »

Recent Posts

Re: Milano - Sanremo by t-72
    [Today at 12:08]

Re: Milano - Sanremo by search
    [Today at 11:55]

Re: Milano - Sanremo by t-72
    [Today at 11:32]

Re: Milano - Sanremo by search
    [Today at 11:12]

Re: 2020 Smaller Race Results and Discussion by t-72