1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 126
Cricket- Mini Curry v Pommy
« Reply #450 on: November 17, 2012, 13:07 »
Sorry! Too much going on my side, I'm not concentrating.. and I'm a bit clueless to boot, thanks for clarifying.
  • ReplyReply
  • Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #451 on: November 17, 2012, 13:11 »
    :-) Got that we were talking about bowlers.. I do know Robin P.. but yes, thought you were cross-comparing his bowling with Sewhag's batting.. if that makes sense.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #452 on: November 18, 2012, 05:39 »
    "@fwildecricket: Bell will leave India after this Test for the birth of his child, after his first innings brain fade, this innings is huge for him. #IndvEng"
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    Re: Cricket- Mini Curry v Pommy
    « Reply #453 on: November 18, 2012, 09:45 »
    "@fwildecricket: Bell will leave India after this Test for the birth of his child, after his first innings brain fade, this innings is huge for him. #IndvEng"

Nice.    Hopefully the minging ginger man Bairstow might get a go, and replace Bresnan with Panersar hopefully.

• ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #454 on: November 18, 2012, 11:07 »
    Hats off to Cookie, top innings from the skipper - first time a captain has scored 3 hundreds in his first 3 tests as captain.  And well played Prior as well for digging in and going with him.  However, they need to do it all again tomorrow, probably until about an hour after lunch if not more, to make this game safe.  India sound as if they have gone a bit flat and perhaps 2 solid days in the field is starting to catch up with them... #clutchingatstraws

Regarding the umpiring and DRS, I think this test has been the perfect advert for it, and the BCCI now look rather foolish.  Some absolute howlers affecting both sides, which DRS would undoubtedly have overturned.  Are the BCCI at all open to changing their mind?  And can it be brought in half way through a series?
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

ram

« Reply #455 on: November 18, 2012, 11:54 »
    Cook's best hundred. Special innings, and he barely needed to have a swagger or swish swash. Just went around barely looking like he breathed. Fantastic, and to do it in Indian conditions, even better. Special player, and Ganguly loves him. Rightly so too.

Prior, nuff said really. He's got to be as good as Stewart, when keeping of course (and apart from Warnie, but many shat bricks against him), I know that he's got to be brilliant to be compared to him, and it's not a sudden blowing my load reaction. He really is flipping fantastic.

As for the umpires, no bloody way is Tony Hill even remotely an international umpire. He'd be hard pressed to find a Ranji game, that's how sh*t he is. He'd defo not be one if he weren't a Kiwi. Desperately calling for DRS, avoid the finger wagging bullsh*t from players and the sooking too. Just get the right decisions, and even Cookie was gone for 41 or so yesterday.

DRS won't be implemented like that unfortunately Dances. The BCCI's not going to take a sudden stance where they'd effectively admit to being on the wrong for a couple of years. And if it has to be made mandatory, there needs to be a vote in the  ICC and the president has to okay that vote to take place. Fat flipping chance of that.

And finally India, clueless bloody thundermuppets. Spin versus pace in second innings-
    Pace- 37 overs 3/98
    Spin- 91 overs 2/232
    This apart from Ashwin looking as aggressive as a testosterone lacking bullock, and Yadav and Zaheer by far the two most dangerous bowlers around. Dhoni, you clueless :censored.

Bat till tea tomorrow, and the match is a draw. Till then, I'll favour India. But Sehwag should flip it up in the second innings.

The Cookie's brilliant
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 517
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #456 on: November 18, 2012, 12:07 »
    Great innigs from Chef, Essex to the fore, but what is it with KP and left arm spin :fp
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #457 on: November 18, 2012, 12:13 »
    I missed most of it AGAIN, travelling, glad England fighting back :-)
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #458 on: November 18, 2012, 12:14 »
    Great innigs from Chef, Essex to the fore, but what is it with KP and left arm spin :fp
    He's had a few visibly different techniques against them. Funny how a good player looks so incompetent against them. Gooch Terry Alderman like.

Just seems to impatient, and though he's vital for England anywhere, his record round these parts is far from flash. May need to watch his 150 against Sri Lanka a few times just so he knows how to play left arm orthodox. Herath was smashed around like a nobody that day.

Also, good match at Galle going on. Good times.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #459 on: November 18, 2012, 12:15 »
    But India for prezident :-D
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #460 on: November 18, 2012, 12:27 »
    They already are defacto ICC presidents ::)
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #461 on: November 18, 2012, 12:33 »
    He he good stuff.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #462 on: November 18, 2012, 12:37 »
    I'm giddy :-D
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #463 on: November 18, 2012, 12:37 »
    Later, peeps!
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2050
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #464 on: November 18, 2012, 12:47 »
    Tomorow will be a very exciting day, though I am sure England will be hoping that it will be rather more mellow..

Last day of Hols for me, but nevertheless will be waking up at crack of dawn for this test. England's perfomance has been summed up well above but truly heartening to see some of our batsmen actually coming out and playing decent cricket .Prior deserves a special mention as he always seems to perform well even if our top order batsmen do not and he does seem to enjoy the sub continent more than the others do. Pietersen and Bell though are going to make this series incredibly hard for us to win though and it may be a blessing in disguise if Bell goes home before the second test. Meanwhile if we had a second spinner we would have had a fair chance of winning this game but with only the one it will be full out to bat for the draw. Problem is though the bottom order could contribute a couple of runs I have no faith that they will last in total more than a session so if this partnership falls before Lunch then England will be up against it imo.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

ram

« Reply #465 on: November 18, 2012, 12:55 »
    I know Dancing likes him, but if Bellend goes, it's not a blessing in disguise, it's a real blessing for England. He's clueless at best.

Also, I have more faith in the lower order with the bat than the middle order. The batsman for England at 8 or 9 are better than 5 or 6 atm.

Thought Ahmedabad was a turner, wait till Wankhede. Can be a proper rank turner at times. And there'll be grass, but it won't swing.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2050
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #466 on: November 18, 2012, 13:00 »
    I know Dancing likes him, but if Bellend goes, it's not a blessing in disguise, it's a real blessing for England. He's clueless at best.

Also, I have more faith in the lower order with the bat than the middle order. The batsman for England at 8 or 9 are better than 5 or 6 atm.
    True at the moment that maybe so, but Bresnan, Broad and Swann are  not going to occupy the crease for a long period of time by any stretch of the imagination, they can get in but never anything more. Broad hit a decent inning against Pakistan.. so did Jason Gillespie  ::)

Thought Ahmedabad was a turner, wait till Wankhede. Can be a proper rank turner at times. And there'll be grass, but it won't swing.

Monty must be licking his lips..
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #467 on: November 18, 2012, 13:05 »
    True at the moment that maybe so, but Bresnan, Broad and Swann are  not going to occupy the crease for a long period of time by any stretch of the imagination, they can get in but never anything more. Broad hit a decent inning against Bangladesh.. so did Jason Gillespie  ::)
    Monty must be licking his lips..
    Broad's 169 or so was against Pakistan.
    Second, Gillespie's partnerships with Martyn 2004. Killed us they did. Looked more assured against Kumble and Harbhajan than most of the England batting.

And Bresnan pretty bloody dour. If he gets runs, he does them by boring the opposition to death.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 485
    « Reply #468 on: November 18, 2012, 16:17 »
    Captain Cook and Mr Nicholas Compton showing a stiff upper lip and digging in,  like the last stand of the British Empire.  :fp
      Nice ;D LOL
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    « Reply #469 on: November 18, 2012, 20:39 »
    I know I'm a huge fan of Bell, but  he's not done himself any favours this match.  Silly boy  :( 

And Broad hasn't looked like scoring any decent runs for ages.  His confidence looks shot - he's a very capable batsman, but now he just goes in and tries to smash everything out park, and invariably fails.  Bresnan will need to score a century tomorrow to make up for his crap bowling, and that sure as hell ain't happening.

Also, saw the Patel dismissal  on the news earlier.  Smashed it, going down leg...terrible decision.  The ball that got Trott though was an absolute beauty. 
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #470 on: November 19, 2012, 06:16 »
    So will SL v NZ be any good?
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #471 on: November 19, 2012, 07:03 »
    "Adaptable South Africa face Adelaide adjustment

The variety led bowling coach Allan Donald to claim it was the best South African attack he had ever seen but they looked a few shades off that in Brisbane.

On a pitch that delivered almost none of what it promised, the much-hyped fast bowlers were reduced to nothing but workhorses. Most of the team, including batsmen Alviro Petersen, Hashim Amla and vice-captain AB de Villiers, admitted South Africa expected more from the surface which drove their decision to leave out Imran Tahir and opt for a pace battalion.

Quietly, Australia may have been chuckling that their opposition misread conditions, having not played a Test at the Gabba since before isolation. It was an error that proved even in an age where information is easily accessible thanks to technology, there is still great value in experience. Morne Morkel suggested as much ahead of the second match in Adelaide."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-south-africa-2012/content/current/story/591986.html
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #472 on: November 19, 2012, 08:47 »
    I'm feeling so out of touch with the cricket :-( but that will change at 1.30 am Thursday morning :-D
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #473 on: November 20, 2012, 09:31 »
    "Australia carry momentum into Adelaide Test

South Africa's No. 1 Test ranking is on the line in the three-match series and it lived up to its billing as a heavyweight contest at the Gabba, where the tourists took the early initiative but Australia finished on a high.

A brilliant unbeaten 259 from skipper Michael Clarke combined with centuries from Ed Cowan and Mike Hussey defused the celebrated South African bowling attack and left the Proteas to bat out the final day for a draw.

"We think we came out of that Test on top and thought there were a couple of big blows we landed," Australia spinner Nathan Lyon said this week.

The Adelaide track is unlikely to offer them too much for the opening couple of days at least, and whichever captain wins the toss would be well-advised to bat first.

South Africa's bowlers have been left in no doubt that better is expected of them in Adelaide after they toiled on a wicket that offered them little in Brisbane.

"It's almost like the sub-continent, it's very slow for the first three days then quickens up towards the back end," Australia and former South Africa coach Mickey Arthur said.

"It goes from being the best batting wicket in the world to being pretty difficult to bat on in days four and five. So, big first innings are the way to go there."

http://mg.co.za/article/2012-11-20-australia-carry-momentum-into-adelaide-test/
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #474 on: November 20, 2012, 11:07 »
    South Africa and Australia are 2 of the worst teams playing cricket, they don't bring anything to the sport and should be replaced by Ireland and another team.

Will anyone take the bait?

I'm going to drink a bottle of brandy, and then I'll get back to you ;-D
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #475 on: November 20, 2012, 11:41 »
    Only 1 bottle that's not enough to watch a South Africa-Australia test match!

Oh, you must've watched the 1st test then...
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #476 on: November 20, 2012, 11:58 »
    PMSL.. Well if the next one is anything like the first one you might have to FedEx me some - we'll know soon enough - Thursday is crickeywickey time yay!
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #478 on: November 20, 2012, 22:00 »
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #479 on: November 20, 2012, 23:12 »
    Dan Christian will be the guy who does the destroying of the house before it's remade.

Demolition Dan - it's catchy :-D
  • ReplyReply

•