Buchanan, John
2 (25%)
Failed Professor Buchanan
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

ram

Re: Cricket- Mini Curry v Pommy
« Reply #750 on: December 08, 2012, 05:31 »
They're still crap. Flat track bullies to the max.

England's bowling was unbelievably sh*te.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 126
    « Reply #751 on: December 08, 2012, 06:30 »
    They're still crap.

Luckily I know little enough about cricket to still enjoy it  ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

ram

« Reply #752 on: December 08, 2012, 07:20 »
    Tis mild, and this Indian team deserves it. Anyway, all this is my diluted rants.

May rate them behind Taylor and Slater. Simply because they've it easy early on. What made Laxman better than his record, he played crunch innings in pressure situations on spinning tracks.

but we've lost this.
    QED^2
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Cricket- Mini Curry v Pommy
    « Reply #753 on: December 08, 2012, 09:04 »
    "@the_sillypoint: This is the longest (14 overs) that Monty has bowled in this series without taking a wicket. #indveng"
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 468
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #754 on: December 08, 2012, 10:56 »
    Chapeau Ashwin, great effort. Also nice to see the fans stick with their team.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #755 on: December 08, 2012, 11:24 »
    Bottles, I demand bottles! Can't let Kolkatta soften up.

Congratulations to England. By far the better side. Well played, deserved.

Shambolic from India. Just hope ever so slightly that this will get some dead wood out and see some deserving bats come through. Completely different kettle of fish is the bowling. Pankaj, Dinda, whoever it is to bolster that, still no spinners (Harmeet's out of his depths).

And Ojha's now a chucker (deteriorated terribly this series).
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:54 by ram »

ram

« Reply #756 on: December 09, 2012, 05:58 »
    I've never been a Jai Hind, Bharat Zindabad or Jerusalem singing fan, and usually haven't gone apesh*t after one defeat, but if these arse flip performances aren't a kick up the nads for the board and the management, then nothing can be. This is the worst stretch of non suspicious non match fixing performances I've seen from India.

I don't expect Australia to be as good as England here (not even convinced they'll win the test series when they tour here next year), but we just can't let another Amol Muzumdar happen, and Rahane and Tiwary are fast becoming that (and to a lesser extent even Rohit Sharma). There's just not enough quality to let two fine young players not to play. Yuvraj, Tendulkar, Gambhir/Sehwag and Dhoni, those are four/five passengers there, who at the least should be sh*tting bricks about their place in the team. At least Yuvraj is likely to be gone for the next match.

There's the batting depth, there's a back up keeper who's actually a better keeper than the current one and is in good form too. The bowling, that's just another kettle of fish.

Jeez, Parwinder Awana being spake off :o Not the worst around, tbh.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:17 by ram »

ram

« Reply #757 on: December 09, 2012, 11:20 »
    Bloody hell these away tours are getting embarrassing for India.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #758 on: December 10, 2012, 14:08 »
    Cracking (although admittedly T20) match brewing between Windies and Bagladesh.  The latter are currently 46/0 in 4 overs chasing 198 to win after Samuels went banana's.
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #759 on: December 10, 2012, 14:29 »
    Yeah I was watching that, some nice sixes etc but nah too much TV.. sorry to miss it though.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #760 on: December 11, 2012, 01:48 »
    3 new members in the squad. Garbagean has finally been dropped, Yuvraj has finally been dropped and Zaheer dropped. Awana, Chawla and Jadeja were selected.

Dhoni to be monitored and it won't be a surprise if the selectors have got Tendulkar a get out plan.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #761 on: December 11, 2012, 02:15 »
    In between Mumbai and Kolkatta. Should be the case. And turners are far better than flat belters.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #762 on: December 11, 2012, 11:05 »
    Ram what kind of wicket(?)/pitch will it be. On Sky; Botham, Gower, Bumble and some people who I don't know(one had an Indian/Pakistani name, which escapes me), said that India might make it a turner(or something along that line). I assume by 'turn' they mean one that helps the bowlers?

"Turner"pitch refers to the spin bowlers are able to get the ball to change direction better on it when it hits the surface.  Hopefully that will help Swan, Panasar and Patel.   
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #763 on: December 11, 2012, 11:15 »
    If Patel bowls we're going decently, but I'm guessing we'll be fliped by then. Don't think he'll be needed with the other two there.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    « Reply #764 on: December 11, 2012, 11:18 »
    If Patel bowls we're going decently, but I'm guessing we'll be fliped by then. Don't think he'll be needed with the other two there.
    Yeah true,  but I would like to see what he could do with the ball.    Not sure he's worth his place as batter alone though he looks to have some talent in that department.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #765 on: December 11, 2012, 11:22 »
    To be honest, I don't think he'll play a part in any of the NZ tour. He's just much better than Bairstow and Morgan against spin. Seemed very comfortable in his 30 odd innings.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    « Reply #766 on: December 11, 2012, 11:31 »
     Patel is a useful player in these conditions for sure,     I hope Bell end is dropped and Bairstow is given a go against NZ.       

Bell too unreliable for such an experienced player IMO.

• ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #767 on: December 11, 2012, 11:33 »
    Jeez BYOP you're worse than me with the 20 questions now.. Me likey!
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #768 on: December 11, 2012, 11:34 »
    So India are risking a bowler friendly pitch in the hope that they can get England out in 2 innings and score more runs than England in that time? If India were 2-1 up then would they make a batting pitch?
    Dhoni has been stating that he wants a spinning pitch to get the toss out of the equation. Though it may seem biased (it's not meant to be), it seems his intentions are true to the word. Sure, he wanted to prey on England's weakness, but still better than a 3/900 pitch.

Of course it would've been a flat pan if the series was India 2-1 England. That's usual,

Also all the pitches that don't get used are they different from the one that gets used? Also how long in advance does the pitch have to be picked before the game, is it the morning the game starts or does ot have to be picked before the series starts?
    Yup, used pitches are different. The fifth day of a test always is the most conducive for spin bowling. Now what the curators have done for Mumbai and Kolkatta was to prepare used pitches. The used pitches were played on in the Ranji trophy (Mumbai v Railways and Bengal v Rajasthan) so they were a bit worn by the time the match started.

Usually a pitch is announced a few days or even a few weeks before the match. In case of Kolkatta, 3 pitches were produced and the one used for the test was announced only a couple of days prior to the test.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #769 on: December 11, 2012, 11:44 »
    Patel is a useful player in these conditions for sure,     I hope Bell end is dropped and Bairstow is given a go against NZ.       

Bell too unreliable for such an experienced player IMO.
    Aye, never liked the Bellend. Only good for scoring soft runs.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2048
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #770 on: December 12, 2012, 12:29 »
    Malinga 6 for 7 today..

Ridiculous figures

And then they only need to chase down 6 to win.. :fp
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

ram

« Reply #771 on: December 12, 2012, 12:49 »
    Hey Ram, who picks the squad/team in (test)cricket? During the last test they showed some Indian guy in jeans speaking to Dhoni and the Indian manager on the field, and said he was head selector. So the manager doesn't pick the squad/team? What about match tactics, is that the manager or selectors job?
    Topical question considering the ongoings in the past day. Indian cricket has returned to being controversy mania.

The guy you saw speaking sternly to Dhoni and Fletcher (coach, not manager) was Sandeep Patil. He's the chairman of selection committee. The selectors go around the country watching Indian (or their respective countries') probable players. In India there are five selectors, one from each zone (North, South, Central, East and West). Patil is the chairman of selectors and is from the west zone. These five selectors are the sole ones to select the team........usually.

But being Indian cricket, it has to be filled with shenanigans. Seems the selectors wanted Dhoni out as captain (at the least) post the Australia tour according to Mohinder Amarnath (83 WC winner and selector during the Aus tour, who was supposed to become the chairman after Shrikkanth left). It was a unanimous decision apparently, but Srinivasan, the BCCI pres, overruled it after it was seen that the Pres can do so according to the some obscure rule in the BCCI constitution. Dhoni stayed on........ and we're here. Why? One can only assume the marketability of his IPL team would be nowhere near the same if Dhoni weren't captain. There's no reason for the Pres to stick his neck out for the captain's sake.

Duncan Fletcher is only the coach of the team. He is there to work with the team on tactics, on coaching and those facets only comprising the first team. He doesn't jet set around the country watching players so is only dealing with the players selected for him. Flower is part of the selection committee so he has a say in selection. Not saying either way is correct.

The manager in Indian cricket is the guy who manages the tour; the flight booking, the hotel arrangements, equipment at the tour. Doesn't interfere with the in-team activity.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #772 on: December 12, 2012, 18:37 »
    So crickey tomorrow :-D how amped am I :-D All is forgiven, it's a new day, let's see what it will bring - even the slightest chance of India performing? The prezidency is at stake after all..
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #773 on: December 12, 2012, 19:19 »
    Won't hold my breath, there's extreme discord among the Indian team (not administration), and we've gotten rid of our best fast bowler.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2048
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #774 on: December 12, 2012, 19:22 »
    Yep was wondering about the logic (or lack of it) behind that?
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #775 on: December 12, 2012, 19:23 »
    Age thing. He's said to be older than he is.

Finn's injured, so Bresssssss' back. Half a chance, unless it's flipping Onions.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #776 on: December 12, 2012, 19:29 »
    there's extreme discord among the Indian team (not administration)

we've gotten rid of our best fast bowler.

For reals?

Um.. who?
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #777 on: December 12, 2012, 19:33 »
    Yeah, worst fallout in ages. Almost as bad as '75. If reports are near true, Dhoni's lost control.

Only one fast bowler's been dropped ;)
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #778 on: December 12, 2012, 19:34 »
    That's so sh*tty, what's it about, team selection etc?

Ha ha just TELL ME PLEASE :-D
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #779 on: December 12, 2012, 19:41 »
    No, when the team plays as crappily as India, blame gets spread. It has been happening for a year, and even longer, with Sehwag's fitness doubts then Gambhir's need of attention whoring. The 'we'll see you at home' challenges were spewed and when you lose at home it spilled. Dhoni's lost control of the team, and it's a search for Graeme Smith now. Not everyone's him though, we'll likely get Waqar Younis.

Zaheer
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: 2020 Smaller Race Results and Discussion by Leadbelly
    [January 19, 2020, 20:01]

Re: Santos Tour Down Under by Joelsim
    [January 19, 2020, 14:01]

Re: Santos Tour Down Under by Drummer Boy
    [January 19, 2020, 13:54]

Re: Santos Tour Down Under by Drummer Boy
    [January 19, 2020, 13:25]