Buchanan, John
2 (25%)
Failed Professor Buchanan
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 108
Jeepers there's a lot of grass on that wicket - http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-england-2013/content/image/623826.html?object=569243;page=1

And since when was England being 18-3 on the menu?!?!
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2050
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    Hopefully England will find them mighty selves on the end of a right old walloping and will start to take it seriously. The amount of dismissal in the press for the NZ test team has been annoying and downright arrogant at times.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    England got a deserved ass whupping by NZ by the looks of things second day.   

• ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    Rutherford :pray  167 = England all out 167

There is no way England can win this test match now which means that I would still fancy a draw unless England collapse once again.

Which is also likely  :lol
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    Good job the press have not spent all week laying into the Aussies...Karma

such is the misery in the Australian camp that they do not appear to be doing the same back to England. yet.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    Pujara and Vijay...chapeau.  If anyone can explain Australia's selection policy for this match, then I'd love to hear it, but can't take away from two remorselessly excellent innings from these two. 

I do wonder if this might spell the end for Sehwag though.  Another failure, and the youngsters that India have are ready and waiting to show what they've got.  Barring a minor miracle, India are going to win this test at a canter, so far better to blood new faces in a winning side.  Rahane or Dhiwan or perhaps a recall for Gambhir for the next test surely has to be an option?  And is Harbhajan really a better option than Ojha?  Given their respective performances against England, I'm really not sure why Ojha isn't playing and Bhaji is...?

and now confirmed. Sehwag gone and looks like no recall for Gambhir so Dhiwan should be stepping in
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    Looks like England eventually turned up.  Only 3 days late, but so long as we scrape a draw with a miraculous second innings a la Brisbane 2012, the pee poor preparation can be shoved under the carpet (again), and that makes everything ok doesn't it?   ;)

That said, delighted for Compton - hopefully the first of many, and he can start afresh tomorrow and turn it into a real biggie.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    Australia shooting themselves in the foot, or a turning point from which the team will grow together with a renewed focus on the Ashes?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/current/story/624494.html

I'm inclined to go with the latter.  Sure it's a perhaps a bit harsh, but the process of analysing your own performance is part and parcel of playing cricket at the highest level, and so to not be able to come up with 3 bullet points is, in my view, very poor by those 4.  Clarke saying it's about more than just this - numerous infractions throughout the tour, so it's about making a point about respect for the coach, captain, and team as  a whole.  PRetty fundamental tenets of playing international cricket in my book.

Who'd be a bowler?  :fp
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/engine/current/match/602472.html
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 126
    Dances ;) Thanks for the posts, you are maintaining the cricket thread very well the last while.. and hey DinZ. Here is something coooool:

Got this off Twitter via @robtclements - the story of cricket in Afghanistan - I saw a stream of a match between them and Scotland - Intercontinental Cup - Ireland also seems to be rocking it, and them aiming for test status - all secondhand news - so awesome

• ReplyReply
  • Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Rutherford :pray  167 = England all out 167

There is no way England can win this test match now which means that I would still fancy a draw unless England collapse once again.

Which is also likely  :lol

:lol Froome :froomedog
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    Dances ;) Thanks for the posts, you are maintaining the cricket thread very well the last while.. and hey DinZ. Here is something coooool:

Got this off Twitter via @robtclements - the story of cricket in Afghanistan - I saw a stream of a match between them and Scotland - Intercontinental Cup - Ireland also seems to be rocking it, and them aiming for test status - all secondhand news - so awesome

Will watch this when I get some free time.  Which is looking like some time in about 6 months...  :(

Post Merge: March 12, 2013, 22:22
    Oh Scotland...   :'(  http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-intercontinental-cup-2011-13/engine/current/match/516858.html

Fun fact of the day for y'all, I was at university with Josh Davey.  :cool:
    He dropped out to go full time with Middlesex, although I think his career there has gone absolutely nowhere.

I should clarify that - playing for Scotland isn't probably what he had in mind when deciding to go full time.  Shame that it'snot quite worked out for him.  He came through the minor counties set up, rather than an academy, and simply forced his way into the reckoning.  Nice guy to boot  :)
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 18:31 by Dancing on the Pedals »

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Expecting a stronger performance from England tonight.

I'm ok with that, I have been growing fonder of the English recently *cough* but ideally NZ will put up a good fight.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Will watch this when I get some free time.  Which is looking like some time in about 6 months...  :(

Working hard!
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    Got to hope so.

Compton needs time, I will wait before closing the book on him.

I like to the NZ players, and I don't think some of them will get out without a fight. Wagner was especially nice to see doing well. But for England's arrogance you have gotta fancy them over a 3 match series.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    But for England's arrogance

Personally the dashing looks of a Cook and Finn has been motivation enough to cheer them on..

But I like their style. And even sulky KP is growing on me.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    Compton needs time, I will wait before closing the book on him.

He got a pretty good hundred last time out!  If he can back that up in this test, then...?

But I like their style. And even sulky KP is growing on me.

Ye gods, someone in Seth Efrika find Kabs and check that she's not been kidnapped and replaced by an imposter!
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Ye gods, someone in Seth Efrika find Kabs and check that she's not been kidnapped and replaced by an imposter!

;)
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    He got a pretty good hundred last time out!  If he can back that up in this test, then...?
    The hundred didn't totally do it for me. True England were battling to save the match and had been skittled first innings but one big score is something you do expect from a player like him. I never doubted his ability, just how well he can perform at the top of our order and so one good score doesn't do it entirely for me, but true his hundred was a sure step on the way to him integrating and proving himself fully.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    Both teams unchanged coincidentally with NZ winning toss and deciding to bowl.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    Root has taken to international cricket like a duck to water. Bairstow has not really convinced me either and Morgan has had plenty of opportunity all of which he has spurned.

I think there is at least one batting spot up for grabs and all three of those players could take it with a decent set of performances.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    Compton going well currently. The New Zealand pace attack doesn't seem all that threatening though and it is a good pitch. Also it is a shame Finn got demoted from 3, he was going well there :P
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    I'm going to bed - no all nighter this time up in a few hours for Ind v Aus :evil:
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Cricket- RIP CMJ, Greigy and Neil Adcock
    « Reply #1162 on: March 14, 2013, 14:14 »
    Rained out and p*ssed off - skimped on NZ v Eng for it - what to expect from the rest of this test then?
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Cricket- RIP CMJ, Greigy and Neil Adcock
    « Reply #1163 on: March 14, 2013, 15:36 »
    Sarcastic bastardo :nuts :-P
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    Compton going well currently. The New Zealand pace attack doesn't seem all that threatening though and it is a good pitch. Also it is a shame Finn got demoted from 3, he was going well there :P

Good point on cricinfo - the last England player to score a ton on debut and then back it up with another...Ravi Bopara  :D

Still, I like Compton opening, and on the basis of this series at least, has so far massively out performed Root who was as guilty as anyone for giving his wicket away in the first test.  I know he did brilliantly in the One Day series, but he has so much time on his side.  Let him get fully accustomed to international cricket, and in time, he will move up to open.  With Compton scoring the runs at the moment, it's a luxury England can afford. 
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    I don't think Bopara made a ton on debut, he did back up his first 100 with another in the next test (which is what Compton has done) in fact he made three on the bounce.

That's what I meant :fp  I knew the word debut was in there somewhere!
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11384
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    ha ha

OZ of to a good start

Warner out for 71 the savior walks in at number 3 looking good for 200 bang out 1st ball he he 
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11384
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Australia's No. 3 against spin: last 40 balls, 0 runs, five wickets   :lol
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    Okay - about damn time India took a wicket - or two. Jadeja!
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    ha ha

OZ of to a good start

Warner out for 71 the savior walks in at number 3 looking good for 200 bang out 1st ball he he

Wow JSG I didn't know you could be this bitchy, I like it ;)
  • ReplyReply

•