collapse

LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
  • Liked: 7922
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: new techno features released
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2013, 16:47 »
Have to say going left in car lanes seems like a huge hazard, imagine coming down H.C. Andersen's Boulevard and having to go left on Stormgade, one would have to cross 3 lanes of traffic to get to the left lane, and then manage to cross another 3 to make it across, did that work in Germany at all?
You have to remember that I grew up in a relatively small town. The widest road we have is three lanes (in all directions). It would be far too dangerous in a big city, be it Hamburg, Berlin or Copenhagen - but I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed in, say, Helsingør or Svendborg.
Also, the difference between Germany and Denmark is that in Germany bikes sometimes don't have separate bike paths (as opposed to Denmark, where they are literally everywhere) and (have to) use the road on par with cars. And then you're normally treated as if you were a (small, and slow) car.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by polenta
    [November 24, 2021, 10:55]