collapse

Grimm

• Coach Potato
  • Liked: 0
Diet and Cycling
« on: September 24, 2012, 21:00 »
Hi to all
In this Time cause injury (a CAR have try to send me in the green land) im try to loose fat.
I now that its impossible loose only fat without muscle, so i ASk: how kind of diet i can do for minimize the loose of  muscle mass?
high protein?
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3573
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    Re: Diet and Cycling
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 00:35 »
    A high protein, low carb diet works extremely well for me. I can easily lose fat without losing muscle. I find that it's important to get enough fiber in the diet when reducing carbs, and eating lots of beans is a great way to do that.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6777
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:48 »
    A high protein, low carb diet works extremely well for me. I can easily lose fat without losing muscle. I find that it's important to get enough fiber in the diet when reducing carbs, and eating lots of beans is a great way to do that.

Gold.

Colleague of mine grew up very large as a kid (I think he has a lot of undisclosed personal issues behind that) and eventually his doctor sent him to a nutritionist.

Somebody else was evidently trying to work on the guy's self-esteem because he was gently introduced to fitness activities and over the period of a few years, he lost a heck of a lot of weight, and he developed a strong interest in sports.

He has continued to talk to this same nutritionist over the course of many years, now on sporting and fitness matters. And the nutritionist says exactly that: a lean, competitive body needs high protein and carefully limited carbs.

In simple terms, you could eat salads every day but you won't lose weight safely and reasonably quickly unless you boost the proteins.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

esafosfina

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 325
    « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 07:31 »
    I'm probably not the person to ask about this but... I'll stick my oar in! When I made my 'comeback' in 1998 I cut massive amounts out of my normal daily diet. I'd train on nothing but coffee and a piece of wholegrain toast with honey, then eat fruit until an early dinner. Dinner would usually consist of lean chicken or fish, and all the salad one could eat. Eating on the bike was a safe option, as was rehydration. Lots and lots of mineral water... I went from being approx 76kg as a young pro (1989-91) to 68-70kg (1998-00). My power to weight was increased as was the VO2. I will warn that weight-loss can become an obsession, hampering both performance and health. In hindsight I'd say my obsession bordered on an eating-disorder. Balance and moderation in all things is what I'd urge!
  • ReplyReply
  • "Sturgess, don't you dare get off that bike" - Sean Kelly, Nokere, 1989.

Recent Posts