collapse

mew

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 674
  • craig walsh always with us
The Venting Thread
« on: January 29, 2012, 17:03 »
Well, I have used a general complaint thread before, but if we need a place to VENT  >:( 
it might be handy to have this....OR maybe before we feel like posting a 'not- so -nice' response in the heat of the moment or--- if some post or comment is close to making us crack----just take a deep breath and swing on over here for a 'vent'!

Spoiler (hover to show)
  :-X   THere I feel better already!  :-*
  • ReplyReply

• Training Wheels

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 0
    Re: The Venting Thread
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 17:27 »
    Just any random vent?

Is this the equivalnt of standing under a railway or transit line and screaming your head off as the train goes over head? Because that sounds awesome - I have been struggling to find a suitable tunnel!
  • ReplyReply
  • Never Stop Exploring!

Dekker_Tifosi

• Super Saiyan 3
    • Neo Pro
    • Liked: 3
    « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 18:15 »
    crap day or maybe even weekend with the boring Belgian dominated CX worlds... Ajax losing to Feyenoord, VVV losing to RKC and me losing all my table tennis matches yesterday (horrible start of the season for me).
    Oh well. Can only get better
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 18:15 »
    Just any random vent?

Is this the equivalnt of standing under a railway or transit line and screaming your head off as the train goes over head? Because that sounds awesome - I have been struggling to find a suitable tunnel!

This just about sums it up.  ;D

btw I like the av   :D
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 18:16 by mewmewmew13 »

Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 7
    « Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 21:10 »
    I'm a little annoyed that ChrisE is over at CN forums disparaging me.  Last week he sent me a PM and acted all buddy buddy, and now he seems to pretend to relish my ban.  Some people.

Anyway, that is the other place, but it was a bit annoying to me.
  • ReplyReply
  • "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." ~ Thoreau

Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 21:26 »
    crap day or maybe even weekend with the boring Belgian dominated CX worlds... Ajax losing to Feyenoord, VVV losing to RKC and me losing all my table tennis matches yesterday (horrible start of the season for me).

I used to play, mainly 4th class, occasionally 3rd. What level do you play?

I'll join you in venting about Ajax, I was seriously p!ssed off, not because of the loss, but because of how bad they were and because the same favored players (Janssen) failied miserably yet again.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 21:27 by Amsterhammer »
    Rock On and keep the Faith

Training Wheels

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 21:41 »
    I'm a little annoyed that ChrisE is over at CN forums disparaging me.  Last week he sent me a PM and acted all buddy buddy, and now he seems to pretend to relish my ban.  Some people.

Anyway, that is the other place, but it was a bit annoying to me.

You are in good comapny - he just called all the CN Mods clowns. He seems to want to have it both ways!
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 21:58 »
    You are in good comapny - he just called all the CN Mods clowns. He seems to want to have it both ways!

yes, he is just angry ....
    can't help but lash or look for conflict. some do that...
    don't be bothered TFF....rise above!

It has been SO WINDY here for DAYS on end that cycling is a chore...running is doable but I think the wind drives people insane. 

hmmm...I don't see a wild enough-looking emoticon
     :P :P :'(
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 22:06 »
    you really dont want me to  ::)

Old people, disabled people, students, flip me, where to start.. :D
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 22:36 »

Old people, disabled people, students, fornicate me, where to start.. :D

Whats wrong with us Dim!? ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 22:43 »

Yeah, what's wrong with us Dim? ???
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 949
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 03:07 »
    The sook thread :D
    My sook, I took a full zinger beamer from a quick bowler on my nipple and crocked my left knee while fielding yesterday. I blame Jonathan Trott's trots. Score the runs, don't get the runs.
    the ball was not too dissimilar to this

What's wrong with you Dim? ;D
  • ReplyReply

• timmy

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 12
    « Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 06:15 »

gotta love tt.
    my girlfriend is ridicuiosly good at it  :-\
  • ReplyReply

• Ryaguas

• WTF?
    • Neo Pro
    • The Hitch's fan
    « Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 23:33 »
    Boring weekend... well not that boring but not what I expected...
    Everyday looking for job... every job demanding a minimun of 5years of experience... damn you Oil Companies!
  • ReplyReply
  • Inspired by Climbing
    Allez Contador

mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 23:39 »
    Boring weekend... well not that boring but not what I expected...
    Everyday looking for job... every job demanding a minimun of 5years of experience... damn you Oil Companies!

Hope it gets better R.
    In the US I think they will be ramping up some projects...like oil shale etc....is there a chance you could do something out of your country for a bit of experience?
  • ReplyReply

• Ryaguas

• WTF?
    • Neo Pro
    • The Hitch's fan
    « Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 23:47 »
    Hope it gets better R.
    In the US I think they will be ramping up some projects...like oil shale etc....is there a chance you could do something out of your country for a bit of experience?

I've been applying systematically in Halliburton, Exxon, BP, etc... but always get rejected... US has an strong policy for foreign workers...
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    • Liked: 370
    « Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 10:13 »
    I've been applying systematically in Halliburton, Exxon, BP, etc... but always get rejected... US has an strong policy for foreign workers...

yeah, it's sometimes really weird for foreign workers in many countries, you need a workers permit before you can apply to jobs and you can't get a workers permit bfore you have a job
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 6
    « Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 13:50 »
    My Whine session- I have just taken the roof off my pergola, cleaned it , sanded it back ,bought a new roof to put on and want to repaint it but it just wont stop raining on my days off = A big FU to mother nature
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 13:51 by Gravel Rash »

Jraama

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 19:12 »
    Had my water heater blow out on Sunday evening. Bought a replacement, took out the old one and started to install the new one only to discover the gas inlet on the new one was 1 inch lower than the old one. WHY ARE THEY NOT STANDARDIZED?!
    Of course by this time all of the stores had closed. Spent an hour trying to piece together a gas line extension from old spare parts I had, but could not get it to line up right. As midnight approached, I had to resort to jacking up the water heater that 1 inch to connect the lines so we could have hot water on Monday. That was a seriously crappy 4 hours of work.
    Now that I have the right length pipe, I have to undo everything this weekend to fix it right.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 20:41 »

Wow, that's like a who's who of institutionalised evil!  ;D Just kidding - best of luck finding something soon!  8)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

MacRoadie

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 22:30 »

That place is spiraling downwards rapidly. I won't say anything disparaging about the moderation over there as some of the mods are posting over here too, but most of the clinic threads have devolved into mindless arguments over semantics and posts meant to elicit argumentation from both sides. Posts deliberately filled with innuendo or double entendres, posts attacking posters and not the post, you name it.

Lots of free speach though... ::)

After wasting my time reading ten or so pages in the Armstrong thread, I am now convinced that I have a very good idea what a brain anneurism feels like.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Whoever still can't put one and one together about what happened in cycling is beyond my help."
    Jan Ullrich

MacRoadie

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 22:42 »
    Popped on to Twitter to find my account had been hacked and I had gone from following 48 people to 948. Any idea how laborious it is to delete 900 people one at a time?

It's either Dave or that SOB Juan Pelota (Lance already blocked me on his "regular" account even though I never once tweeted him).
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 23:00 »
     :-X
    yes, I tried to read the Armstrong thread 'over there' and I can't believe how toxic and a what a huge wasteland it has turned into.
    Too much rehashing of everything.
    Too many bad feelings and sniping, even when I think most of the folks there are decent people in 'real life'...it's just the persona that evolves in a cesspool like that.

wow MacRoadie I guess I had better go check my own twitter account. That sounds grim....900 deletes. ugh.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 23:01 by mewmewmew13 »

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 01:04 »
    Just found out my company is making redundancies, first one went in US over night. Likely to be some in Europe and Aus as well

means a crap few weeks of worrying about having a job.

everyone in office is miserable and stressed.

great.

• ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 03:04 »
    I am the opposite of you Dave , I put in for a redundancy but it got rejected because I am currently on restricted duties due to a back injury.

I was the only bloke at the station who wanted a redundancy that didn't get it.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 949
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 03:09 »
    That's farked up Dave, hope you're fine.

I am the opposite of you Dave , I put in for a redundancy but it got rejected because I am currently on restricted duties due to a back injury.

Gravel rash on your back?

I'll be off.
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 03:16 »
    That's farked up Dave, hope you're fine.
    Gravel rash on your back?

Nah nothin like that lol

I'll be off.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 05:04 »

they always find a way to F%&k you either way. I am slightly torn as lots of stuff in the media about the areas i work in being hit hard and making redundancies in Aus so chances of a new job are reduced, but that is countered by the fact i have been here for 11 years so should get a fairly good payout if i do go.
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 05:13 »
    they always find a way to F%&k you either way. I am slightly torn as lots of stuff in the media about the areas i work in being hit hard and making redundancies in Aus so chances of a new job are reduced, but that is countered by the fact i have been here for 11 years so should get a fairly good payout if i do go.

I was also torn . The place I worked use to be such a fun place to be but it's gone spiraling downhill in such a short space of time due to unnecesary changes that I wanted to leave.

On the otherhand I am in a Govt job so it's secure and great super benefits for the future, It's like they have got you by the balls and wont let go. For now I have accepted a Transfer to another station beginning the end of March.

I hope all goes well with your situation and you are not one of the unlucky ones.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 09:43 »

True that. But to my mind, the media are doing a great job of spreading fear around those of us who are now supposed to feel lucky still to be employed. Annoys the hell out of me.

We got an email yesterday morning from Barroso telling us how they'd all agreed on a great plan to create jobs when everyone knows they spent the entire meeting finding ways to shed themselves of Greece. Why do these people even bother to pretend they're in control anymore? Nobody believes a word of it. That guy couldn't even get a job at Costa Cruises.

Guy I know who works in Big Tobacco (and still sleeps at night), he's been there his whole working life and recently they had everyone "re-apply for their jobs". You know, submit a CV and a covering letter detailing why you are necessary. Demeaning doesn't even begin to describe it...  >:(
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:44 by L'arriviste »