collapse

Zam

• everything and nothing.
  • Classics Winner
  • Liked: 476
Landis
« on: January 29, 2012, 19:34 »
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11009/Landis-says-UCI-case-against-him-appears-not-to-have-been-filed.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+velonation_pro_cycling+%28Cycling+News+%26+Race+Results+%7C+VeloNation.com%29

Governing body had pledged last May to sue him
Following today’s news that the UCI is taking legal action against journalist Paul Kimmage, former US pro Floyd Landis has confirmed that a case launched by the governing body over eight months ago appears not to have moved forward.

“They have never filed anything as far as I know, and they have subsequently never contacted me about it,” he told VeloNation via email.

On May 4th 2011 the UCI announced that it was suing the disqualified winner of the 2006 Tour de France. “The International Cycling Union (UCI), its current President, Mr Pat McQuaid, and one of its former Presidents, Mr Hein Verbruggen, have lodged a case in the Swiss courts against Mr Floyd Landis regarding repeated, serious attacks against their characters,” it said then in a release.

“By this step, made necessary by numerous unacceptable public statements by Mr Landis, the UCI is seeking to defend the integrity of the cycling movement as a whole against the accusations of a rider who, by breaching the Anti-doping Rules, caused cycling serious harm.”

Landis had accused his former US Postal Service team and its chief rider of doping, and claimed that the UCI accepted bribes to cover up a positive test by Armstrong in the 2001 Tour de Suisse.

The UCI denied this and subsequently said last May that the case had been lodged. Landis’ statements today raise doubts about that.

Meanwhile Kimmage told VeloNation this afternoon that he received a letter approximately ten days ago stating that McQuaid and Verbruggen were each seeking damages of 8,000 Swiss francs (about €6,600). They apparently told the Swiss District Court that the journalist had caused them ‘annoyance’ and that their ‘reputation has been seriously damaged’ by articles.

In addition to the fine, they are demanding that he doesn’t repeat the statements made previously about the UCI, and also that he pays for advertisements in international media publicising the final judgement of the court.

Kimmage said the case was about trying to keep him quiet, and that he had no intention of complying with the demands made. “Hell will freeze over before I issue either of those gentlemen an apology for anything,” he said. His full response can be seen here:

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11009/Landis-says-UCI-case-against-him-appears-not-to-have-been-filed.aspx#ixzz1ksTGIT5x
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:47 by just some guy »

benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    Kimmage no longer works for The Sunday TImes so would not have the backing of the paper for who he wrote the article.

McQuaid probably forgets his time riding under a pseudonom in South Arica during apatheid and getting banned for life from the IOC, he had better be careful that someone doesn't remember it and write about.
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    does this mean i can close the armstrong section?
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10812
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Re: Landis
    « Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 19:15 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 16:14 »
    DB will maybe have a post soon

re DB´s post which he has not posted yet but will

How can he it is his 2nd positive

1 TDF and then the admission of guilt in the USADA case surly he can not ride again
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1902
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 16:36 »
    1 TDF and then the admission of guilt in the USADA case surly he can not ride again
    :dizzymew

(sorry, but I love the dizzy mew)

He already served his two-year ban. His confessions only involved the time that he had been previously banned for. He "retired" on his own terms last time around. He should be good to go. Maybe he'll make it back to Battenkill again?! Greg Lemond is on board with that race now, and he and Floyd are BFFs!  :win

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 16:49 »
    BFF´s maybe not

Landis hurt him bad , but they ( Kathy and Greg ) support him
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    « Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 16:51 »
    Humor, JSG. Humor.

They're on decent terms now, according to Greg.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 16:52 »
    Humor, JSG. Humor.

They're on decent terms now, according to Greg.

sorry been battered around the swede last few weeks way too much  information - 1 tired guy  O0
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 16:54 »
    Landis deserves a smiley :floyd
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    « Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 16:57 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 22:19 »
    Allen Lim on Floyd Landis "Floyd is a great guy, hes a a dear friend" [2009]

http://nyvelocity.com/content/interviews/2009/allen-lim-garmins-guru

its the first annual Allan Lim spot the difference competition

• ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 22:31 »
    I like how he pulled the trigger back on those who pulled the trigger on him. #eyeforaneyebitch :D
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 22:33 »
    A poor quality PR agency could not have written a worse statement than that of Lim as published by CN. It is a denial and a flip-flop sandwiched between two thick, plastic-shiny slices of all-American cheese.

It's worth quoting this cheese in isolation without Landis' frank retorts or Benson's innuendos, just to expose the sheer weight of the hyperbole:

Quote from: Lim via CN
    As a cycling fan, I hoped, like most fans, that the cyclists I admired were clean.

My naive optimism, however, was shattered when I found myself, for a brief time, working with Floyd. Ultimately, that trauma gave me the motivation and courage to work to make a difference - to make sure that the hell of that period of time would never be an option for the next generation of riders and staff.

I'm proud of the part I played to change the sport of cycling for the better. I'm proud of my time with TIAA-CREF, Slipstream, Garmin, and even the hope and perspective I brought to Lance and RadioShack that we are all better clean.

I truly believe that, at least for American cyclists, the sport is healthier than when I found it. We can mourn and perseverate the past ad nauseam or we can keep moving forward. At this point, I choose to move forward - to continue to make tomorrow better and to help make sure these same mistakes are not repeated again. I just hope that rather than hate, judge, or feel cheated, that our community will choose to do the same - to move forward without forgetting and to ride, not for greed or fame, but for the unbridled joy and love that the simple act of cycling brings us.

Perseverate.

Can I get a side of pickles with that?
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 22:39 »
    I like how he pulled the trigger back on those who pulled the trigger on him. #eyeforaneyebitch :D

He also pulled the trigger on his friend, Zabriskie, who asked to be left out of it...

... and I can't bring myself to bring his father-in-law into it.

But, of course Landis will be some sort of demi-god in the eyes of some since he helped bring Lance down.
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 22:41 »
    He also pulled the trigger on his friend, Zabriskie, who asked to be left out of it...

Really? Where? :o
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    « Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 00:08 »
    Yes, but I wonder what Dave Z. would say now about the whole untangling? It wasn't just "his friend" that Landis had to expose, it was the whole show. He had little choice: Either go all the way, or go home.

Errrr...that's an interesting way of "not" bringing him into it. There is nothing not tragic about the story of David Witt. But we'll never really know the full story behind why he took his own life. I remember when that news first broke, it was assumed by many at the time that Floyd's failed test at the TdF had probably pushed his father-in-law (and best friend) over the edge. But now we know that he had helped to facilitate Floyd's doping all along, and was probably fully aware of everything that was taking place behind the scenes. What we've been told, was that David Witt had suffered with depression for a long time, was under increased stress from a restaurant that he had opened, and god-only-knows what other factors were in play. I don't feel comfortable commenting any further on the matter, but you did bring him up by "not" bringing him up.
    (Not trying to make this personal, Keith. I'm just offering some more details to the story.)

But, of course Landis will be some sort of demi-god in the eyes of some since he helped bring Lance down.
    OK, now I'm getting personal!  :P
    It's so much more than just Lance! You can easily connect a direct line of dots from Floyd's full admission, to McQuaid's removal from the UCI. Every corner of the sport has been rocked by the aftershocks of what Floyd set in motion. For that, yes, Floyd will always be held on a pedestal of sorts for me. Bruyneel, Ferrari, etc. There's no hiding for these people any more.

• ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 01:34 »
    Allen Lim on Floyd Landis "Floyd is a great guy, hes a a dear friend" [2009]

http://nyvelocity.com/content/interviews/2009/allen-lim-garmins-guru

its the first annual Allan Lim spot the difference competition

MAYBE MY FAVORITE POST IN A LONG TIME   :D
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    « Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 17:47 »
    What's the deal with this latest "interview" with Floyd?
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/landis-lemonds-anti-doping-stance-on-lance-armstrong-lacks-consistency

It reads like Benson dispatched an interview-bot, which was then received by a Landis response-bot. Did two human beings really conduct this exchange? Sorry, but I'm calling BS on the whole thing.

Not ONE WORD of that reads like it came out of Floyd's mouth. For anyone following along, the content of that article is nothing more than a recycling of Digger's regular Twitter offerings, with a healthy does of Clinic postings thrown in. That's it. There is nothing "new" there, and for the life of me, I can't figure out just why this is getting front page treatment from CN.

Daniel Benson has a strange history of doing this at times with both Floyd and Lance-related articles. Out of nowhere, and for no apparently relevant reasons, random "interviews" or articles will appear on the CN homepage about issues that have long been hashed out elsewhere.

But this one is particularly transparent in it's lack of originality. Was this an email exchange between the two? Did Floyd turn his account over to someone on his behalf? Was this whole thing Benson's idea, or was it offered to him?

Consider this:
    Floyd has, in the past, turned his Twitter account over to others, and let them have their way (more or less).

Floyd has used multiple online personalities in the past (Grey Manrod, for one) and has been in cahoots with the fine folks at NYVelocity in to deliberately blur the lines between parody and reality (even when "reality" is nothing more than a parody on a a parody). They even went after Verbruggen directly with such tactics.

I just don't see why Floyd would be chiming in on the issues covered in that article at this point in time. Having spoken with Floyd in person, watched many interviews with him, read most of the things he has put out there—nothing in that CN piece is consistent with any of that. Nothing. Not the tone nor the specific use of language. I'm just not buying it.

Maybe it was Digger? I really don't know, but they are friends. But I also don't get Benson's role in all of this. It's a pointless article, so what is he hoping to gain? Do his own overlords demand at least one Floyd/Lance/USADA piece per quarter, regardless of the content, just for clicks?

Lastly, how is it that this appears to be the Floyd-related thread in this-subforum, and it's only one page long?  :S
    (Unless my limited search skills have failed me.)
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9139
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    « Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 03:09 »
    http://crankpunk.com/2015/01/26/landis-lemond-lance-and-leinders-why-it-has-to-be-all-or-nothing/
    Strange article. I say that for the same reasons I listed above: Nothing in there is original. It's all the same stuff the Digger et al having been posting for MONTHS. I do wonder sometimes: Is there a delay in the internet? Steve Tilford is often about six months behind the trends, and he's not the only one. For the life of me, I don't understand why these people feel they're contributing something to the conversation. The train has already left the station—destination unknown (even to those who initiated the banter).

Sadly, and very disappointingly, Shane Stokes has even taken the bait on the most recent Armstrong/Andreu spat. It's so juvenile, so recycled, and so completely idiotic at this point, that I won't even bother offering a link.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 08:09 »
    It suits many in the sport that we continue to look back over our shoulders. That gives us a focus for our anger and discontent and distracts us from what is happening now, right in front of us.

Even if Armstrong were allowed to compete again it would not be serious sport, only self-publicity. I think that to allow that would be wrong, but it really has no bearing on the course of doping in cycling.

This is why talking endlessly about Armstrong seems to me a futile exercise. The only value he still has to us now is as a symbolic motivation for change.
  • ReplyReply

• Race Radio

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 312
    « Reply #25 on: August 26, 2015, 23:44 »
  • ReplyReply
  • Pro Cycling is like sausage, I love it but I don't want to know how it is made.

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5913
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Aragon

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 10
    « Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 12:25 »
    An unsolved question on the mennonite super-boy.

Has Floyd Landis admitted using testosterone during 2006 TDF or does he still insist that he wasn't guilty on that particular doping offence? He insisted this in 2010, when he admitted the widespread use of PEDs during his career, but maintained then that he did not take testosterone during the Tour and either the test was unreliable or that the lab had made an error.

On the other hand, we do find statements such as this in 2012 when he was forced to return money to the donors of his Fairness Fund:
    I can never undo having lied to people but if, in some small way, making restitution helps them to forgive me, then that's a small step in the right direction.
    I think that quite recently he told Graham Bensinger something like that he should've told the truth immediately but because all roads led to Lance, he would've been thrown out from the cycling community for the rest of his life had he done so.
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    « Reply #29 on: July 08, 2016, 09:39 »
    Has Floyd Landis admitted using testosterone during 2006 TDF

No, he has not. His position on the matter, as you describe, has not changed.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.