collapse

ram

Glasgow 2014 Velodrome named in Sir Chris Hoy's honour
« on: October 03, 2012, 02:33 »
Sir Chris Hoy, Britain's greatest Olympian, today became the first ever cyclist to ride around the brand new Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games velodrome which has been named in his honour.

The 36-year-old cyclist from Edinburgh, who has a total of six Olympic gold medals after claiming two stunning victories at London 2012 this summer, was making his first official visit to the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome ahead of its opening this Friday (October 5).

Construction on the velodrome, which was designed by leading architect Ralf Schüermann, began in January 2010 and with work now complete, Sir Chris (pictured top) was given the honour of being the first cyclist to ride around the facility.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/commonwealth-games/2014/1011135-sir-chis-hoy-becomes-first-rider-of-glasgow-2014-velodrome-named-in-his-honour

The motivation speech must be easy as pants-
Oi, win at the Hoy velodrome
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11384
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    I guess he will ride the Comm games ?

Probably get beaten though  :P
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

ram

In a wheelchair?
  • ReplyReply

•