collapse

Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1902
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
the last line of the Wikipedia entry made my stomach sink :(
It does seem to be an odd bit of information to add, as it really has nothing to do with his cycling career, etc. I wonder if Esa would comment as to why that is part of the Wiki entry?

Fingers crossed I have picked a winner this time round :)
Nearly every, single one of my friends have ended up getting divorced—even those who I was certain it would work out for. But for every one of those who have gotten remarried, it has gone exceedingly well the second time around.  ;)

So all the best wishes for your future!  :)

-Geoffrey
  • ReplyReply

• Blackbandit222

• National Champion
    • Liked: 196
    I'm nearly 6'4" and weigh around 190-195 (87kg) normal and can get up to 200-205 (91kg) if I'm lifting weights.

A few years ago when I raced alot more and trained 10-12 hours a week I got down to 177 pounds (80kg).

My wife found me sexually repulsive but I was killing it on the bike!!  Amazing that pros like Mario & Stegmans get down to 155!

Vespertine and Drummer Boy --- Six foot 140 yikes!!
  • ReplyReply
  • Sagan supporter.

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5908
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    And now in measurements for the rest of the world, please. :P ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    All of this means nothing to me, ive no idea what a KG is in real money. I have edited the wiki entry and removed irrelevance though.
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 319
    Hey everyone... no idea what the last line of wiki was all about? I've just cut and pasted what I've found which is this: and worked as a wine maker and wine educator near Sydney. (The only inacuracy I can find is that I retired in 2000 not 1999! Esa!
  • ReplyReply
  • "Sturgess, don't you dare get off that bike" - Sean Kelly, Nokere, 1989.

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    It said on the end that you had been married twice, both of which ended.
    Which is not relevant to a cyclists wiki page so i zapped it :D And ive given you an extra year.
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• Neo Pro
    Cheers Dim!  :D Would you like a 'palmares' to add? There's a few missing 'stats'...

As for the marriage break-ups etc... guys/girls, fellow velo-roomers, I suffer from Bi-Polar Disorder which unfortunately manifests itself in many unpleasant ways. I cannot have been a particularly 'nice' person to have lived with and as such friends and family have suffered too. It's pretty well documented, but just thought I'd mention it to the forum! (It's ok, I'm normal-ish... they medicated me to the hilt!)  :lol
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    Eso,

When you were in top form - winning world championships etc - what sort of power was you putting out for 4k TT's?

Thanks,
    Keith
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Anything you want me to add just dm it to me and will edit it accordingly.
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• Neo Pro
    Eso,

When you were in top form - winning world championships etc - what sort of power was you putting out for 4k TT's?

Thanks,
    Keith
    Keith... to be utterly frank, I'm not entirely certain, but I would figure somewhere near 600w! Don't forget at that time (circa 1988-1991) power-meters were rare, and not as sophisticated as today... I did come across an entry in a recently 'unearthed diary' for a 10mile TT I did in 2000 (which was 438w) and was a low 19min ride...  :)
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• Neo Pro
     :flustered Err, that should have read: 458w! I rode a 25m TT at 438w...
  • ReplyReply

• Eric

• Shabba!
    • Neo Pro
    • Liked: 102
    I don't race, but I am 183 cm/6 ft and my weight has on occasion been as low as 50kg/110 lb. Currently I think I'm about 58. I still feel and am healthy - I just look like Chris Froome.

I have massive issues with body image, being emaciated isn't a good look. Especially at my young age when every other guy is trying their hardest to look beefcake.
  • ReplyReply
  • The best album ever: itunes.apple.com/us/album/riddim-driven-sleng-teng-extravaganza/id76251384

jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 720
    • Getting ready for the Artic Race of Norway...
      • Fendrien
    I have been 182cm and 80kg for as long as I can remember, literally 15 years.

But now the season is all but over I am looking to put some hard work in and shed some kilos to try and better myself next season.

I have lost almost 3 already and whilst on my bike am starting to feel weaker. I suppose I need to get through this period as comfortably as possible and accept some suffering for the greater good.

My body needs to get used to ingesting less calories and I need to figure out a way of giving myself a treat now and again without losing my desire to keep weight off and pigging out.

Its an incredibly tough balance, especially when I have done 0 in my life to date to try and control my weight.

• ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    Mhm. I have always been around this flyweight, I am 1m82 and I weigh 62 kilograms. No matter how much I eat, drink, snack, do nothing I remain around this weight. And that frikking sucks in the polder when you have headwind and its raining and its cold. :)

The steepest parts uphill here are the tunnel, or the roads leading up to the dykes.. Damn :D

It is pretty funny to read this back in comparison to today.

I just stood on the weighing scale and I am now weighing 65,5 kilograms. I am in good shape and currently I dont have much fat on my body, flat stomach, no lovehandles sorry ladies :-x :lol, all that stuff. So I guess some of the time ive spent in the gym has payed off :P.

Currently I feel very healthy, I still eat bad fat foods (Kapsalon :(), drink beer all that stuff, so none of that has changed since my previous post. I guess I can still feel healthy at both 62 kgs and 65 kgs. :)
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 720
    • Getting ready for the Artic Race of Norway...
      • Fendrien
    Still working really hard on this.

79kg is the lightest I have been since teens. But I am trying to give myself the odd treat and not go starvation route again.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 889
    flipin 66kg, missing pork and not feel healthy, 68kg good, 66kg no good. Send me pork!!!! :D
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!