collapse

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 889
Faces, places, races, messess of your rides
« on: January 30, 2012, 11:16 »
Let s just post yours training or whatever rides you do. We all knows that ganjadude and zam_zam are drug dealers, Hamsterhammer is too old and lord Boomcie is juvenile to ride without training wheels and helmet, but I am sure that other brothers and sisters rides 8)
Ill start, today training ride consist of one hour riding in most astonishing scenery around.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:20 by newborn »
    Reverend Fred Saves!!

Jukebox

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 0
    Re: Faces, places, races, messess of your rides
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 18:04 »
    Im about to head out for a bit of power testing.  I really really don't feel like it.  Should be a nice route though, even though Ill be looking at it through crossed eyes.
  • ReplyReply

• Quixote

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 18:04 »
    Good thread idea, Newborn.
    I'm off for one of my usual routes today. It's about 30 miles with 2000 feet of total climbing. Today will be chilly, so I'll over-dress as usual. For me, not a very fast pacer, it will take a little more than 2hrs. I'm on my cyclocross (with pavement tires) for most of the winter rides. I'll take some pics of the ride and post them soon.
  • ReplyReply

• doolols

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 33
    « Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 00:41 »
    I rode the turbo today. It just looked too miserable out there in the real world. Good to turn pedals, anyway.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 03:13 »
    Gosh I think I have posted this in too many places already but I had a really nice 2 hour ride , mild temps of high 50s F but pretty gusty headwind on the way home....slowed me right down. ..about 30 miles, mostly rolling hills and flatty.  Trees are bare here except for evergreens but no snow right now around the towns. 
     :D

ps oldbornnewborn you are funny  ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:15 by mewmewmew13 »

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 04:23 »
    I managed a very nice 2 hours this morning, my usual loop of coogee, maroubra and la perouse in sydney.

Was nice and warm, despite today being the first day of the year starting in the dark. Loads of people on the roads this morning (tuesday seems to be a popular day), one guy who conveniently rode at a nice speed on the same route, about 200m ahead of me. I would not say i was stalking him but gave me an extra push.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 907
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 08:23 »
    Let s just post yours training or whatever rides you do. We all knows that ganjadude and zam_zam are drug dealers, Hamsterhammer is too old and lord Boomcie is juvenile to ride without training wheels and helmet, but I am sure that other brothers and sisters rides 8)
    Ill start, today training ride consist of one hour riding in most astonishing scenery around.

I went to *edited to not disclose location*, met with *edited to protect identity* and sold him some *edited because you needn't know*. Came back *edited to keep private information private* and *edited to keep activities secret*
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 09:18 »
    I went to *edited to not disclose location*, met with *edited to protect identity* and sold him some *edited because you needn't know*. Came back *edited to keep private information private* and *edited to keep activities secret*
    wait a minute, you are smoking this stuff instead selling it. Drug dealers never ever smoke their stuff 8)
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 09:31 »
    Rules? No. No. Noooo

Anyway (I have to be on topic at some point), today I saw a motorcyclist come down the wrong side and swear at others for being careless. I appreciate his sense of humour.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:32 by ramhasajammytrike »

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 17:53 »
    Today I was heading south cos it was windy and cold, practicing water carrying. At some moments time has stopped.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Home made weights make it easy ;D, did 3 sets of 20 reps just to warm up for beautiful scenery aka kitchen.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • ReplyReply

• craig1985

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 04:35 »
    Yesterday we did a group ride which is about 50km (which officially ends at a coffee shop) and we decided to average 35km/h. The funny thing is that our average seed increased on the way back as we were into a head in.
  • ReplyReply

• 42x16ss

• Domestique
    • Liked: 380
    • Awards: Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014
    « Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 03:24 »
    I did my usual Thursday morning bunch ride and found that we had to change our usual route on the fly as bikes can no longer use one of the underpasses that we use :(

We ended up having to weave in and out of traffic a little more than we liked, at least by next week we should have a goto plan worked out.
  • ReplyReply

• 42x16ss

• Domestique
    « Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 03:27 »

Have you tried the Sufferfest podcasts Hank? They are the best thing I've found for making a roller session more interesting. There are some great workouts and some of the music is ok too. Try Revolver!!!! :'(
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 18:13 »
    Have you tried the Sufferfest podcasts Hank? They are the best thing I've found for making a roller session more interesting. There are some great workouts and some of the music is ok too. Try Revolver!!!! :'(
    Never heard, but it look nice, music rocks.
    My place for rollers is limited, you know hen you have kids, screens all kind are theirs-
    Anyway nice to see that industrie people really care to put that suffer easier ;D
  • ReplyReply

• GreasyMonkey

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 11:28 »
    Another lovely wind-free day in the Sierra (only 2nd one in 6 weeks....)

Rode down to Soto del Real and around the lake to El Boalo, then back up the hill to Miraflores, only 2nd ride after 8 weeks off with bronchitis & pnuemonia, so I was simply happy to ride for 1:35 without coughing up my lungs......

Have 13 weeks to go from zero to HERO.... UCI Masters World Championship qualifying ITT in Crete on 25th May.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 17:30 »
    Just now catching up on this thread...funny stuff!!  I especially like the homemade weights! lol
     :P 8)  I know with kids we always come out on bottom with kids having top notch everything.  :o

GreasyM wow hope you are feeling better. That sounds like a rough time you had.  :(
    good luck with the Worlds! keep us posted..

you too HankTonynewold   you have fortitude to train in small space    8)
  • ReplyReply

• GreasyMonkey

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 18:33 »

GreasyM wow hope you are feeling better. That sounds like a rough time you had.  :(
    good luck with the Worlds! keep us posted..

you too HankTonynewold   you have fortitude to train in small space   8)

Thanks Mew - yes, definitely feeling back on top of it, but just have to tread carefully to not over-do the efforts. Still have plenty of strength in the legs, the trick is just keeping them a bit restrained until the lungs catch up again, and the waistline shrinks - christmas cake and other goodies have taken their toll ...:-(
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 21:55 »

Rode down to Soto del Real and around the lake to El Boalo, then back up the hill to Miraflores, only 2nd ride after 8 weeks off with bronchitis & pnuemonia, so I was simply happy to ride for 1:35 without coughing up my lungs......

Have 13 weeks to go from zero to HERO.... UCI Masters World Championship qualifying ITT in Crete on 25th May.
    15km ITT for masters? Is there any more categories, you know +35, +40, cos we have those kind masters A, B, and so on.
    What is qualifying time, under 20 or just above, and could you post link to that, I was trying to find but unable.
    Danke!
  • ReplyReply

• TexPat

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 18
    « Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 01:14 »
    Well, I didn't ride my bike-- though the intent was there. Instead I went for a run through the bush near my house on some old and overgrown tracks. Rough and rooty, the tracks have been on my mind lately for conversion to mtb tracks. I doubt the local council will mind. When winter sets in a few months from now and it will be too muddy to ride offroad, I'll be doing the trail pixie thing. Perhaps I'll provide a photographic progress report.
    So, loosely speaking the outing was bicycle related.
  • ReplyReply
  • Freelance hand model. Enquiries welcome.

GreasyMonkey

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 07:05 »
    15km ITT for masters? Is there any more categories, you know +35, +40, cos we have those kind masters A, B, and so on.
    What is qualifying time, under 20 or just above, and could you post link to that, I was trying to find but unable.
    Danke!

25km ITT (15 miles) - the top 25% of the finishers in each division get qualification to the Worlds in September. There are a number of the qualifiers run around the world, see http://www.uciworldcyclingtour.com/

It is in 5 year age groups, 30-34, 35-39. etc, etc.

P.S. Old/New/Neverborn, I thought this would grab you by the short & curlys... ;D

The event I am riding is in Crete, see http://www.sphellas.com/
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 09:20 »
    Thanks GreedyMonkey, I see there is race in Slovenia, nice :-*
    You can call me Tony :D
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 14:59 »

Hope the recovery's going well Greasy, that's some seriously bad luck. All the best for the ITT, keep us updated.
  • ReplyReply

• TexPat

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 18
    « Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 07:42 »
    This is a pukeko, aka swamp chicken, and what clearly is one of the world's stupidest birds. Or perhaps they are generally suicidal.
    This endemic species of the great land masses know as New Zealand populates the wetland areas and can often be found wandering the road side. Its normal habit is to dart across the road to find food in the ditches which often line both sides of your typical Kiwi country byway.
    Today one of these avian kamikazes decided to dart across the road while four of the local hard men aboard tweewielers were channelling their inner Lion of Flanders; it was peeing down rain per usual in the height of a Wellington summer. It was only my steely nerves that prevented the fearless (or hell-bent on dying) pukeko from meeting its maker--and I from meeting mine.
    The gods smiled on us both today. I won the sprint for the second week in a row by a huge margin, and the simple pukeko lived to fight another day.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    « Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 19:59 »
    The goods news temps today in the lower 60s F...

the bad news winds are gusting to 50=60Mph or up.  :(
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28 »
    I must knew it would not be good idea to ride today.
    7 riders on start, 5 riders left after 5 minutes of ride, 3 riders left after 20 minutes of ride and still riding on rain.
    Of course I turned home ::) not worth of getting cold and it is not funny at all.
  • ReplyReply

• 42x16ss

• Domestique
    « Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 06:58 »
    Raced my first Open of the season yesterday just south of Brisbane. There were some nasty crashes in a few of the Masters races (Some cracked frames and a fractured arm in Masters B!)

Thankfully Elite A went without any incidents but it was crazy fast! Jon Cantwell took the sprint from Peter Thompson and I was nowhere in contention - I can't sprint against those guys :D
  • ReplyReply

• GreasyMonkey

• Domestic Rider
    Hope the recovery's going well Greasy, that's some seriously bad luck. All the best for the ITT, keep us updated.

Fortnightly report  :D

So far all is going smooth, slowly increasing the distances and volume of training - now have ridden to work twice this week, so at least that is something (commute is 60+km round-trip, map, profile & .kml [for Goolge Maps] attached).

Going to the office is great, nice fast downhill most of the way, but going home......URGHHH!!

The weather is warming up nicely, expecting 18-20C this weekend, so I guess I'll be out and about both days....

Cheers,
    Garth.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    Noice 'un, the downhill half at least. Good to read the recovery's going well.
  • ReplyReply

• badger60.1

• Sunday Rider
    Did this one the other week.hopefully out this weekend,
    http://app.strava.com/rides/4488670
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 710
    • Spring is coming... I hope
      • Fendrien
    I have put a link to my Strava in my signature.

Was beautiful out this morning watching the sun come up over the fens... just wished I'd had longer to ride.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Tour de Romandie by AG
    [Today at 00:35]

Re: Official Prediction Game 2017 by Josedin
    [Today at 00:27]

Re: Official Prediction Game 2017 by del1962
    [Today at 00:18]

Re: Tour de Romandie by search
    [April 30, 2017, 21:42]

Re: Tour de Romandie by t-72