collapse

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 904
Thanks guys, I appreciate it a lot :wave
That Finland 1945 born old guy is speed monster, I was faster only 20 seconds and did not catch him to the end. When I saw him on start he looks like 30 years old guy, and having full I mean full TT stuff, including rear disc.
Those are guys who are among fittest guys in their age category on earth for sure, dude is having 67 years 8) respect. Just checked that dude he is qualifying for UCI worlds road races without a cake.

And you must be in top 25% of your age group to qualified.

AG2R guy is damn fast, damn fast, I saw him when doing warm up around town. It was bloody rush hour so to find nice quiet loop for warm up wasn t easy, so he begins with warm up almost 90 minutes before start, and finishing with trainer, his warm up session is over kill for me ;D
And that Ag2r skin suit wasn t look tha bad at all as regular jersey. 

And yes i met again Americans in train, in fact they are all over the place ;D, even more than Bosnians, oh those Balkan trains, I met some very interesting people, and my TT bike was flying along wagon ;D.
And yes I was in some fine company of two young Slovenian girls ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Oh yes that Russian guy is pure Gold, when I mean Gold I mean Gold, hilarious he even had golden bottle cage ;D, found this short video of him from some Slovenian dude where you can see starting ramp.

you can spot how wind was strong, but that guy makes me smile and happy :wave he did it 29 seconds faster than me coz that gold skin suit ;D Gold!
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain

Another video of some Slovenian dude
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    Dude, you got to use that start ramp. that is cool. never progressed beyond some old guy holding me from behind while another man looks at a stop watch.

mind you i have done the 40km in the hour (20 years ago mind)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain

Gazvoda pic from yesterday, still can t find mine :( he looks strong and having his legs shaved ;D
    I think this is the winner Vrečer

• ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Dude, you got to use that start ramp. that is cool. never progressed beyond some old guy holding me from behind while another man looks at a stop watch.

mind you i have done the 40km in the hour (20 years ago mind)
    That was first time also for me to use that expensive ramp and beep machine, it was not to steep and it gives you that initial speed, but you must be fast when that guy behind you once let your ass ;D, coz I saw couple of youngsters having trouble or getting sleep while ass guy let them to fly ;D
    You did 40km under hour? :-*
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 700
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    That was first time also for me to use that expensive ramp and beep machine, it was not to steep and it gives you that initial speed, but you must be fast when that guy behind you once let your ass ;D, coz I saw couple of youngsters having trouble or getting sleep while ass guy let them to fly ;D
    You did 40km under hour? :-*

Love this post.  ;D

Tony I hope you can find a vid or pic of yourself on that amazing beep start ramp.  :-*

that guy in gold has to go fast or he will look like a fool   :D

Dinzy you are some guy with all these things you did when younger...ultimate and TT speedster  :)
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    And now I am a broken old man.... :'(
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    And now I am a broken old man.... :'(

lol
    We all evolve
     8)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Love this post.  ;D

Tony I hope you can find a vid or pic of yourself on that amazing beep start ramp.  :-*

that guy in gold has to go fast or he will look like a fool   :D

Dinzy you are some guy with all these things you did when younger...ultimate and TT speedster  :)
    Golden guy is 29 seconds faster than me, so he is damn fast ;D
    I just found only one pic of me and it is in Blokes on bikes thread 8)
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    I went for a ride today....huge fire is burning still out of control 30 mi north of here....I snapped this pic from the top of a hill looking north.  Normally you can see the entire Front Range but you can see not much....sorry not a very good pic...that is all smoke

I was going to ride uphill into the mts but changed my mind when it was hard to breathe.... ??? :(
    temps were around 83*F and winds gusting up to 28mph at times....
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Which direction is the wind? Towards your place or away?

And tell Tony to keep off the curry, it causes havoc all around the world.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    Which direction is the wind? Towards your place or away?

And tell Tony to keep off the curry, it causes havoc all around the world.

wind was coming toward my place early and mid=morning from Northwest, later when it switched to south easty west kind of...and blew smoke back north ish     :o :P

the poor folks up near the fire...has to be awful
  • ReplyReply

• ram

South easty west, we need that on the compass :D
  • ReplyReply

• usedtobefast

• Domestique
    • Liked: 82

was out here among other places.Irvine Park right here.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜

was out here among other places.Irvine Park right here.

Is that the regional park with the train, etc?  When my boys were little we would always go over there...great place
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    I went for a ride today....huge fire is burning still out of control 30 mi north of here....I snapped this pic from the top of a hill looking north.  Normally you can see the entire Front Range but you can see not much....sorry not a very good pic...that is all smoke

I was going to ride uphill into the mts but changed my mind when it was hard to breathe.... ??? :(
    temps were around 83*F and winds gusting up to 28mph at times....
    Forest fires are mess, here we spent fortune every year to fight this things.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    So today my friend and I thought a nice ride up Lefthand Canyon might work....

road work!  chipsealing (fine gravel with sticky stuff ) all the way up  :(

so....we had a really nice 30 mile ride out on the open roads .. :D   beautiful day and smoke not bad...
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Good but not good form, if at all that makes a semblance of sense.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    So today my friend and I thought a nice ride up Lefthand Canyon might work....

road work!  chipsealing (fine gravel with sticky stuff ) all the way up  :(

so....we had a really nice 30 mile ride out on the open roads .. :D   beautiful day and smoke not bad...
    mew what is wrong with that road Jesus, we don t have even highways like that 8)
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    mew what is wrong with that road Jesus, we don t have even highways like that 8)

lol
    not a good pic to show...where the color changes to lighter it is covered with a thin film of fine gravel that is loose...then they come back over with sticky goo to cover...then roll it down...after a couple of weeks it will be fine...kinda small rumbley bumpy road 8) :-X

more about chipseal than you ever care to know....but page 3 shows texture ... ;D

http://www.tac-atc.ca/english/resourcecentre/readingroom/conference/conf2005/docs/s16/uzarowski2.pdf
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    lol
    not a good pic to show...where the color changes to lighter it is covered with a thin film of fine gravel that is loose...then they come back over with sticky goo to cover...then roll it down...after a couple of weeks it will be fine...kinda small rumbley bumpy road 8) :-X

more about chipseal than you ever care to know....but page 3 shows texture ... ;D

http://www.tac-atc.ca/english/resourcecentre/readingroom/conference/conf2005/docs/s16/uzarowski2.pdf
    Ok I just asked 8)
  • ReplyReply

• usedtobefast

• Domestique
    • Liked: 82
    Is that the regional park with the train, etc?  When my boys were little we would always go over there...great place
    you would see it mostly the same now. train and all. one of the first places my family went when we moved to California.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    you would see it mostly the same now. train and all. one of the first places my family went when we moved to California.

My boys are 17 and 12 now...but my brother and family have lived in the same house on Browning for 30+ years...and the best place for growing boys to visit !  We used to get out there at least 2x per year and the whole Tustin area just feels like home.  Great park!  and fond memories of little guys running around there  :D
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6788
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    lol

They do that where I come from. First sign of cold weather and the frost rips it off like a layer of flapjack. Wrecks your tyres too.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    my ride last night...
    95*F hot... :(  only went easy for a short hour
    felt sad to see these fire smoke clouds as winds were gusting up to 50mph and fanning flames

everything on horizon is smoke  :(

• ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    I am very very happy with result on given situation coz crash just 9 days before, and 4 days off bike.
    Ok I was 6th out of 11th guys in my cat on TT nats,  24min06sec for 15km of very hard TT course, (10 km uphill with strong wind 8)) and I think at golden middle of all masters.
    60 sec after me on ramp was really really big strong guy and I knew it that he gonna pass me, but I held until 13km ;D, and I knew that I am having good result, he ended 2nd with 22min45sec  or so.
    Terrible organization and lot of riders just kept riding on turns toward finish and still 10km to go :o
    I dope 1 hour before :P
    After race I was sitting in support car with Kvasina brother Danijel behind Matija Kvasina, great fan really. Where I was going 30 km Matija was going 40km, I am going 58km/h, he is going 68Km/h, awesome, he did avg about 45Km/h with really steady pace all the time, and lost 10 seconds coz turn guys, idiots.

Again nice experience and insight how those really fast guys are doing it, Matija almost late on start ;D, he just finished with overkill warm up and jump to the ramp, his HR was for sure too high 8)

With couple of more extra treshold session which I lost, I would shave couple of more seconds for sure.
    Crap sandwiches and soda at the end :fp
    I am very happy :win :wave
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Good man. Brilliant 6th 8)

I have been stoning KA lorries for you, but I think they're the wrong ones.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Good man. Brilliant 6th 8)

I have been stoning KA lorries for you, but I think they're the wrong ones.
    Just keep them stoning mate, thanks!!! :wave
    brother Tony 8)
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4583
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    Tony you are this guy?
    6 54 CRO19721212 ĆURČINSKI Denis BK Dinamo Veteran B 24:06,39
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs