collapse

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6787
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Good mate, I know it is early to say, but how do like geometry? Look has some good reputation about that.

P.S. Words I heard first time: concomitant, lardesse, oglers :fp, Jesus my Google translator is burning :D

'Lardesse' is a Larryism, a sort of portmanteau of "lard" + "largesse", so Gargoyle won't translate that correctly. ;D

I am rather ignorant on the subject of geometry, Tone. I'd say it was quite laidback. Really smooth in the corners and generally very stable. Extremely responsive out of the saddle.

Maybe a little surprising at the front end, when throwing the bars around a bit it felt very light indeed. Again, I am not a good judge of these things (yet).

I have never ridden carbon before so it seemed like I felt most of the bumps but it wasn't anything like as bad as I have read in reviews of other bikes. Or else I just have a fat arse. ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    Nice Larry. the arse pain goes away pretty quickly. so long as you are able to manage 3 rides a week will be gone after a week
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    That's good to know, DinZ.  8) Went out at 06:30 and did a few short kms around suburban Woluwe Saint Lambert. Couple of minor hills thrown in. Bit of sprinting.

Who am I kidding? It was pretty awful actually: my 'perineal zone' was absolutely killing me. I'm walking around like the proverbial turkey now.

These Fi:zik saddles are like razor blades! Didn't get as far as I wanted because I was limping within about 10 minutes. Had to ride most of the rest out of the saddle.

I'd forgotten how cold it can be on the early morning rides. I had my windstopper jacket on but my arms were a bit goosey in thin arm warmers.

Not to say I didn't love it though. It's a great feeling to be out there again after so many years. No pain, no gain  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• ram

So, what do you have to fall back on?

A large posterior.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11366
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

Support DZ and his Nuts Larri - he put them on the line to help bring down US postal thats the least you can do  ;D

http://www.dz-nuts.com/products
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

ram

Aussie Butt cream has the best punch line. For comfort down under. No patriot can reject that, surely.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    although creams are unlikely to help your issue which is more bruising i suspect than rash

sorry to discuss your intimate areas in such a public way but if your discomfort feels more like a rash at the top of the inside of your leg then creams can help. I think it is just getting used to the saddle. stick with it. the more you suffer now the quicker you will get used to it

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11366
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    although creams are unlikely to help your issue which is more bruising i suspect than rash

sorry to discuss your intimate areas in such a public way but if your discomfort feels more like a rash at the top of the inside of your leg then creams can help. I think it is just getting used to the saddle. stick with it. the more you suffer now the quicker you will get used to it

Agreed but reduced friction can help plus this is more fun  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 904
    Folks I spent fortune on saddles, I mean real fortune. Last one Prologo cost me almost 200 e with shipping costs :fp, and guess what, zero points >:( If anyone has delicate ass this is me 8)
    Larri, what I want to say is, just keep spending money, it is pure fun :fp
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 700
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    That's good to know, DinZ.  8) Went out at 06:30 and did a few short kms around suburban Woluwe Saint Lambert. Couple of minor hills thrown in. Bit of sprinting.

Who am I kidding? It was pretty awful actually: my 'perineal zone' was absolutely killing me. I'm walking around like the proverbial turkey now.

These Fi:zik saddles are like razor blades! Didn't get as far as I wanted because I was limping within about 10 minutes. Had to ride most of the rest out of the saddle.

I'd forgotten how cold it can be on the early morning rides. I had my windstopper jacket on but my arms were a bit goosey in thin arm warmers.

Not to say I didn't love it though. It's a great feeling to be out there again after so many years. No pain, no gain  ;D

yay Larri!!
    don't stop!! your butt will harden...or try a diff seat if you need...it will take a bit but you are THERE  :win :)
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 2626
    • Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    "TT" Anthony Moan once again crushes all his competitors in The Race of Truth
  • ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    We all know it is not true, I have never been racing against people over 70.
    Another reverend lie 8)
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 2626
    • Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    Another reverend lie 8)
    So I'm lying you didn't beat her?
  • ReplyReply

• ram

"TT" Anthony Moan once again crushes all his competitors in The Race of Truth

Bears an uncanny resemblance to Mrs Doubtfire
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    So I'm lying you didn't beat her?
    Ok, maybe once or twice :D
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    My first ride out with Mrs L'arri today. We found that summer has arrived out in the fields near Jodoigne (Geldenaken).

Then, to my great surprise, at the end of the ride I discovered this:

• ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    Another reverend lie 8)

lol only guy born in 1945 tony 8) :D
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    My first ride out with Mrs L'arri today. We found that summer has arrived out in the fields near Jodoigne (Geldenaken).

Then, to my great surprise, at the end of the ride I discovered this:

Excellent kit L'arri!   :D
     8)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Today I rode near mountain with European junior Thai-box champion, he use cycling 4x times per week for legs or how he told me for better low-kicks. Of course Tony dropped him 8), coz Tony is Machine!
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    Today I rode near mountain with European junior Thai-box champion, he use cycling 4x times per week for legs or how he told me for better low-kicks. Of course Tony dropped him 8), coz Tony is Machine!

8)
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 485

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    zam zam where is that place? India? Scary mountains to climb.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Looks like Kashmir to me.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 485
    Himachal pradeshh : manali to rohtang pass road....try to the climb profile on climbybike but i dont how to use that. Tony google manli to rohtang. Not my videos but one guy doing it on motorcycle 
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4563
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    There are paved roads in India :o
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    Is that you in those pics zam zam?
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Just looked at Google Earth, well above 3000m ::) Are you trying to test those altitude papers :D
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    There are paved roads in India :o

Sure are!
    I rode a bus from lowlands in west Bengal up to Darjeeling.....great road.

Very cool looking place zam!
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Sure are!
    I rode a bus from lowlands in west Bengal up to Darjeeling.....great road.

Very cool looking place zam!

I know mew, I was joking  ;D

I was in India once.  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    I know mew, I was joking  ;D

I was in India once.  ;D

..but barely roads in most places  ;D
  • ReplyReply