collapse

mew

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 674
  • craig walsh always with us
Tony you have inspired me.
Two days ago I also pinned on a number for running race....must have been coming down with something  :fp
I DID podium in 3rd place for old lady category....I should have been much faster

at least this time for the race someone did not blow past me pushing a baby jog stroller  :-[ :)

:-* ;D

got a kool shirt though
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 889
    Two days ago I also pinned on a number for running race....must have been coming down with something  :fp
    I DID podium in 3rd place for old lady category....I should have been much faster

at least this time for the race someone did not blow past me pushing a baby jog stroller  :-[ :)

got a kool shirt though
    :win :win :win

As we speaking about getting passed by old people or baby jog stroller, in those sports you never know who you gonna race against, knowing 1976 Montreal Olympian he is still capable of being twice as fast as much, much younger guys, and he is about 55 or 56 years old ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 2621
    • Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    I got passed by Rudy in a triathlon

I'm not much of a runner :fp
  • ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359

got a kool shirt though

yeah another velorooms podium.

• ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    thank you Dinzy  :D

I loved that picture so much of tony alone on the podium  ;D
    drowning in a sea of cheers....
    so wonderful!  8)

yes, in my town there is always some ex-Olympic champion or some world class runner, whatever blah blah   I learned to never get my hopes up  :-[ ???
    The woman who won the woman's 15k race is a multiple time olympian from South Africa---Colleen DeReuck   
    she still beats the pants off most of the men  :)
    and she is extremely nice and humble mother of two!

• ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain

He looks like he could be amazingly fast  8)
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 941
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    :win :win :win

As we speaking about getting passed by old people or baby jog stroller, in those sports you never know who you gonna race against, knowing 1976 Montreal Olympian he is still capable of being twice as fast as much, much younger guys, and he is about 55 or 56 years old ;D
    JSG's new name?

Ok broom wagon got me yesterday. So what, even Lance knows how it is feel when driving inside ;D
    Champions sometimes ends in broom wagon, that is difference between them and you 8)
    That was just my B race anyway :D
    This I like.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    JSG's new name?
    This I like.

great name  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    If it wasn't his name then, it is now.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner

got a kool shirt though
    And I missed this, well played. Far better than Croatian mafia training
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Subcontinent crook
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner

mew

• Road Captain
    baby jog stroller
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Ok it is not cycling but it hurts too ::) and muddy race with lot of damn hills all over the place. I was riding 15 kg at least Gary Fisher 7spd friends wife MTB shopping bike :fp, oh yes mew there was bell on it :-*
    20th overall, national master A National Champion, I could not wait ceremony cos bbq and beer at my best friend aninversary ;D
    Tomorrow 40 km bike race, easy week after this :-\

Tony Machine marching again ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    So I am tired.
    More than 80 riders on start for 40km city Cup race, never experienced such a mass race (good sign for cycling here).
    It started really hard with very strong head wind and few sharp turns where I already loose ground with leading group about 20-30 riders just do not know. After that i was riding in 2nd group with some master riders and some 15, 16 years old boys.
    Hard short to medium climbs, fast descents, we worked really nice and I manage to hold their wheel until last sprint, I tried but I was toasted and those kids are really evil :'(
    Drama again, broken wheels, crashes, flat... and even policeman on motorcycle manage to fliped up route, so it is as far I know, uncertain results of race ;D, cos leading group split on two, one followed policeman, other half follow common sense ::), drama.
    I am satisfied, nice race :wave
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Gipsy style podium, hilarious. Winners elite.

Nice trophy collection too ;D, UCI would love it for sure, but we need humor.

I took 59th place out of 74 finished riders, 6 did not finished.
    Winner time 58min33, mine 1h10 over 40km hilly course, and this is real picture how pros are fast and how slow I was 8)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain

How the hell he swim? Or he was relay member?
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Gipsy style podium, hilarious. Winners elite.

Nice trophy collection too ;D, UCI would love it for sure, but we need humor.

I took 59th place out of 74 finished riders, 6 did not finished.
    Winner time 58min33, mine 1h10 over 40km hilly course, and this is real picture how pros are fast and how slow I was 8)
    Awesome podium and trophies Tony, worthy collection. One question, what will a bike rider do with car furniture? Did you enjoy the race?
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Awesome podium and trophies Tony, worthy collection. One question, what will a bike rider do with car furniture? Did you enjoy the race?
    I do not understand as usual ram, what car furniture? Yes I enjoyed very much, always new things to learn :wave, and you forgot those moments of pure pain in legs ;D
  • ReplyReply

• ram

This one Tony, it's sold as dashboard decoration here. Or maybe we're also crazy.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain

This one Tony, it's sold as dashboard decoration here. Or maybe we're also crazy.
    I see, well it has something with race name and clubs jersey organizers design, it can been seen on photo, funny ;D
    Trophy is trophy :D
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    I see, well it has something with race name and clubs jersey organizers design, it can been seen on photo, funny ;D
    Trophy is trophy :D

How true!  Love to see your pics Tony!  I really like the 'home' feel of these races...an emphasis on fun and so interesting.   :wave :-*
    lot of fun posts...THANX  ;D
    Tony Machine you need a relaxing weekend next  :)

btw I would want that trophy with the bee  :-*
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:13 by mew »

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    How true!  Love to see your pics Tony!  I really like the 'home' feel of these races...an emphasis on fun and so interesting.   :wave :-*
    lot of fun posts...THANX  ;D
    Tony Machine you need a relaxing weekend next  :)

btw I would want that trophy with the bee  :-*
    Thanks mew :wave, it seems that more relaxing way of organizing and running races works, here we had serious problem at top of cycling fed (even fist fighting ;D), so we need new young blood for sure. People need more races, but money is problem, this race cost about 1000 euro, which is for small amateur cycling club huge money.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Good man.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Few videos filmed by some guy, 1st video is leading group, others videos I am not sure but strong master riders formed second group or whoever survived ;D

• ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    AND.....are u in there TonY??  8)

I guess we are looking for Cervelo :D
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    Today I crashed and burned in our running group workout.  :'( :-\
     :fp
    doing mile/1/2mile/1/2 mile repeat twice around a lake/pond....my legs were toast from a ride yesterday and before I knew it I tripped on a tree root and smacked down on the trail. oof! 
    I looked a bloody monster... O0
    Only road rash but darn! sitting with ice pack on knee   :fp

it's tough getting old ??? ;D
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 2621
    • Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    How the hell he swim? Or he was relay member?

Rudy is Ironman. Swim,Bike Run. No relay. Nobody sure how he bikes with above knee amputation.

swimming is his  :win sport

2008: Gold medal, 200m individual medley; bronze medal, 100m Breaststroke SB7
    2007: World record, 200m Individual Medley - U.S. Paralympics Open Swimming Championships, College Park, Md.
    2006: Gold medal, 200m Individual Medley - International Paralympic Committee (IPC) Swimming World Championships, Durban, South Africa
    2006: Completed Ford Ironman World Championship 70.3, Clearwater, Fla.
    2005: Third place, 100m Breaststroke - Visa Paralympic World Cup, Manchester, United Kingdom
    2005: First place, 200m Individual Medley - U.S. Paralympics Open Swimming Championships, Minneapolis, Minn.
    2004: Gold medal, 200m Individual Medley - Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    kk does he switch out his legs? like aqua version etc? Think I have heard of that...there are climbers that do that
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    Still can never forget the doco on the Ironman where the guy carried his brother round.

swam with him on a raft, rode with him on front of bike, then pushed him round the run

blubbed like a little girl when i saw that
  • ReplyReply

•