collapse

usedtobefast

• Domestique
  • Liked: 77
Today I crashed and burned in our running group workout.  :'( :-\
 :fp
doing mile/1/2mile/1/2 mile repeat twice around a lake/pond....my legs were toast from a ride yesterday and before I knew it I tripped on a tree root and smacked down on the trail. oof! 
I looked a bloody monster... O0
Only road rash but darn! sitting with ice pack on knee   :fp

it's tough getting old ??? ;D

i ran past a bougainvillea not to long ago. a bit too close and ripped my shoulder open. it turns out sweat really stopped the bleeding pretty fast., and i sweat a lot. ;D get well.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    i ran past a bougainvillea not to long ago. a bit too close and ripped my shoulder open. it turns out sweat really stopped the bleeding pretty fast., and i sweat a lot. ;D get well.

Thanx usedtobe!   :)

I'm good
    lucky I didn't hit my head on a rock lol  ;D  just felt clumsy.   :tu

hope your shoulder is ok
    I always shake my head when I do dumb stuff...like 'jeez' what happened  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 889
    Rudy is Ironman. Swim,Bike Run. No relay. Nobody sure how he bikes with above knee amputation.

swimming is his  :win sport

2008: Gold medal, 200m individual medley; bronze medal, 100m Breaststroke SB7
    2007: World record, 200m Individual Medley - U.S. Paralympics Open Swimming Championships, College Park, Md.
    2006: Gold medal, 200m Individual Medley - International Paralympic Committee (IPC) Swimming World Championships, Durban, South Africa
    2006: Completed Ford Ironman World Championship 70.3, Clearwater, Fla.
    2005: Third place, 100m Breaststroke - Visa Paralympic World Cup, Manchester, United Kingdom
    2005: First place, 200m Individual Medley - U.S. Paralympics Open Swimming Championships, Minneapolis, Minn.
    2004: Gold medal, 200m Individual Medley - Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
    Jesus, and he is probably faster then anyone here, just checked he did 3800m swimming part in 61min, Jesus :-*
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    AND.....are u in there TonY??  8)

I guess we are looking for Cervelo :D
    Where did you see Fabian to ride in group, I am up front they are chasing me 8)
    Nah, that guy was 7 minutes ahead of me, I just let them enjoying time to ride, they were to slow for me :D
    mew sorry to hear about your crash, but people are not intend to swim on dry land :D
    couple of beer, Voltaren and bandages will do the job ::)
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Today I crashed and burned in our running group workout.  :'( :-\
     :fp
    doing mile/1/2mile/1/2 mile repeat twice around a lake/pond....my legs were toast from a ride yesterday and before I knew it I tripped on a tree root and smacked down on the trail. oof! 
    I looked a bloody monster... O0
    Only road rash but darn! sitting with ice pack on knee   :fp

it's tough getting old ??? ;D
    Hope all's well with you now, mew. I always thought you were a bloody monster :P
    Croatian mafia first aid's a bit dodgy, it really is.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    Hope all's well with you now, mew. I always thought you were a bloody monster :P
    Croatian mafia first aid's a bit dodgy, it really is.

lol
    I live to see another day! thnx
    went out to loosen up...d@mn hot today...sun shining.  Am not used to the heat yet but it is really pretty out....I did obligatory easy half hour or so and then 'my local coffee place' for a nice iced cap.
    aah.  Feeling fortunate right now  :-*

Tony monster in the bike race...you are killing all competition!  8) ;D
    Croatian champ of masters..... :win
    you are the real monster
    lol you too ram  ;D :police:
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    mew I hope you got sober by now? :D
    Do not listen to ram or krebs, we all now who they are.
    Today was pista turn. Zagreb had two or three pista in hystory (I think :fp), even wooden covered one :fp but tha was in K&K monarchy. Today just one and this one is dying, it is 330m, and football club want to get bulldozers there 8). First was 14 laps scratch race, and then 20 laps points race.

Stadium enter

North curve

South curve

Final sprint, scratch race

You see how bad it is and scary too.

Inside lane is insane :wave, there is no room for mistakes

• ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    Tony that looks insane  ;D :P
    any podiums lately?  8)

be careful...

lol 'loosen up' funny  :-*

• ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Tony that looks insane  ;D :P
    any podiums lately?  8)

be careful...

lol 'loosen up' funny  :-*
    mew even Fabian must let some podium places for others :fp, but I am happy, very happy. Ride along with member of woman national team, fast those womans :wave
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    Was having espresso this morning outside on my coffee joint patio and Jani Brajkovic rode up!
    He parked his rig right next to my bike, so decided to snap a pic...wow wonder what he had in his bottles ...nice paint job

good thing I did not bump into his bike though 8) :)

that is not my bike in the background 
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Was having espresso this morning outside on my coffee joint patio and Jani Brajkovic rode up!
    He parked his rig right next to my bike, so decided to snap a pic...wow wonder what he had in his bottles ...nice paint job

Kool place must be that coffee shop 8) You should steel his bike and send it to me :fp He is having dozens more anyway :-\
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Does anyone had a flat on pista? I just made it, luckily (swear I used it first time this word) it was warm up session. Oh btw, I race with some Yankee dude who must be doped coz I never met sober Yankee , he is fast as hell, and does not understand a word of local, unfortenatelly he understand rules ;D about point race and it was hilarious when judges called for him, "number 108 out ;D" pure gold.
    Judges should speak on Croatian, that would be gold to see him racing 100 laps alone ;D, he is doped anyway.
    First time I see Ultegra Di2, bulky machine it is ???
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013

Didnt ask for Jani to take a picture with you? :( ;)
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain

He was sitting inside having espresso again this a,m. Havey.  Next time I see him I will ask if I can take a pic  ;) I was thinking I should have this morning.... :D
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476
    Going trail biking this saturday morning...lets see if my hardtail holds up.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    Going trail biking this saturday morning...lets see if my hardtail holds up.

Good luck zam!  :)

I am going for a ride tomorrow morning with one or more of my friends....road. 
    Yesterday big thunderstorms,  today beautiful and cool but windy...tomorrow hope no wind.  :wave
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    Still not allowed on my bike. Trying to fix my knee / hamstring problems so stuck doing physio and no riding and getting more and more unfit and more and more fat
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    Still not allowed on my bike. Trying to fix my knee / hamstring problems so stuck doing physio and no riding and getting more and more unfit and more and more fat

Sorry Dinzy.  :(
    what is prognosis?  can you do other things or activity that gets you moving?
     ??? :P
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain

Hi Havey!
    Here is pic from this morning  :)  what a super guy...very gracious and nice..I wished him luck in Dauphine   :win :D

here I am giving him some pointers on his upcoming Dauphine strategy  ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 03:30 by mew »

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Hi Havey!
    Here is pic from this morning  :)  what a super guy...very gracious and nice..I wished him luck in Dauphine   :win :D

here I am giving him some pointers on his upcoming Dauphine strategy  ;D

Super pics mew, thanks 8)
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    Super pics mew, thanks 8)

and Tony~ how did your races go??
    they sounded very hard.  You are just killing yourself...better take it easy and go eat some junk food.  much less energy  ;D

did you beat up older ladies and teens again??  :win :wave
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Noice one mew.

Tony always beats up others, bit of a dodgy character ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Today was city Hillbilly ;D championship, London road race candidate won on 4,7km long and some 8-9% gradient, time 12min20sec. Mine time just suck, beaten by kids, girls, overweight, even MTB, just bellow 20min, it is just for compare pro and amateur time, any pro tour guy would go under 10 min for sure. 
    Tomorrow Grand Prix again ::) 30km criterium (20 laps of 1,5km), but going with bike to start and home, all in all it should be around 110km.
    Monday pista turn, tuesday I am dead as old horse ;D.
    But I peak for 08.06. World UCI tour amateurs race in Ljubljana, 18,6km cronometro :win, of course I will not peak with junk food 8)
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Good, send me the chips, you can have the cabbages.

Is there a road race for UCI amateurs? Are you riding?
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    and Tony~ how did your races go??
    they sounded very hard.  You are just killing yourself...better take it easy and go eat some junk food.  much less energy  ;D

did you beat up older ladies and teens again??  :win :wave
    You could imagine my face when seeing kids, woman, very old people passing me, not strange at all, but they started 1 minute after main bunch ;D, devastating but that was just training race for me anway :D :D
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Good, send me the chips, you can have the cabbages.

Is there a road race for UCI amateurs? Are you riding?
    I would like chips to have ;D, I am destroying some jelly belly gum sweets, every pro must have :fp
    42x16 got me into that race, yes there is road race, but I love time trials, there is no broom wagon 8)
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Top man. Cancellara ready for the 8th of June? Or will it be Kiserlovski chrono?
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Top man. Cancellara ready for the 8th of June? Or will it be Kiserlovski chrono?
    Pure Tony Panzerwagen style 8), if judges would not notice that I am riding non UCI set-up :D
    180 riders till now :fp, I would be happy to not embarrassed myself, but that is impossible coz I will destroy competition and skip doping test ;D
    http://www.uciworldcyclingtour.com/
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Careful, if they test for jelly belly you could fail first try, and then hashish and every other drug.
    All that doesn't matter, are you allowed to go to Slovenia? ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Careful, if they test for jelly belly you could fail first try, and then hashish and every other drug.
    All that doesn't matter, are you allowed to go to Slovenia? ;)
    Nah, I can go everywhere with Croat passport, they are virtually hot and must have for mafia ;D, mine expired few days ago, ID will do the job :fp
    Wants one? For you my brother only 1000 euros ;D
  • ReplyReply

•