collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11460
  • Awards: 2020 Tour de France CQ Game winner2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Re: Chris Froome
« on: October 18, 2012, 04:43 »
here the thing re Froome

and I have read it somewhere  :-[

as part of his treatment it is a 6 week cycle at which you can not train , the according to froome you are just dead starting from the beginning.

He had a treatment cycle in feb/march of 2012 -
Doctors initially diagnosed mononucleosis, but the treatments failed. It was only after Froome underwent extensive blood screening following his switch to Sky in 2010 that the parasitic infection was caught and he was prescribed an eye-wateringly strong treatment, similar to chemotherapy

so if you know anyone who has has chemo it nearly kills them - 20 year olds move like 95 year old for months etc

this is where a major major red flag went up for me - How does a rider who goes through such treatment, 1 come back strong in 3 months in fact come back so strong that now they go from some talent to top 15 GT riders after the vuelta , start from nothing to be the strongest at the TDF.

then hold form until the 1 week of the Vuelta

Nope does do not do it for me, people get a small virus and are sh*t all year - or miss a week or 2 training and it takes months to return , froome goes through a chemo like treatment in the early season and world beater by July

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [Today at 15:27]

Re: Roadbooks by Wieno
    [Today at 15:03]

Re: Tour de France 2022 - General Discussion by Wieno
    [Today at 15:02]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [June 25, 2022, 16:09]