collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11460
  • Awards: 2020 Tour de France CQ Game winner2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Re: Chris Froome
« on: October 18, 2012, 14:04 »
right Love a bit of Google me

Doctors initially thought the symptoms pointed toward mononucleosis, but treatments failed to resolve his ongoing problems that left him tired and powerless on the bike. It went largely undiagnosed until he underwent extensive blood screening with a switch to Sky in 2010.

Doctors discovered the rather obscure parasitic infection and quickly prescribed treatments that kill just about everything in the body, similar to chemotherapy.

“It’s a very strong pill. It basically kills everything in your system, and hopefully at the same time, kills the [infection],” Froome said. “It’s something that I have to try to get rid of it. You cannot train when you’re taking that.”

Froome was knocked out of service in March and began building up for the Tour.

“The treatment is pretty rough stuff,” he said. “I have had a bit of a slow start to the season. There was more than a week when I could not even touch the bike. I started picking it up in time to be ready for the Tour.”

Now that’s a true enemy within.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/07/news/tour-notebook-stage-15-froome-battles-parasite-media-cars-expelled_230162

so not 6 weeks sorry - but March but might be sh*t research or writing

So 2 chemo articles and 1 it kills everything in the system quote which is what Chemo does
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.