collapse

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
  • Classics Winner
  • Liked: 359
Re: Chris Froome
« on: October 25, 2012, 01:07 »
I'll repeat what I said before... it is NOT like chemo. 
If you're that interested, the medication is a strong anti-parisitic called Prazitel.
He took it at the end of March after Criterium International, he had also taken two courses of praziquantel in the past but the parasites kept coming back.  He was diagnosed back in 2010 if I remember correctly.  It's difficult to say when it was contracted.
It's fairly common for kids to pick it up in Africa playing in dams & rivers and usually goes undetected for years.
Growing up in South Africa myself, we were taught about it in primary school & told to avoid certain areas. 
It's really not that strange or uncommon.

I know several people who have had Bilharzia and can hide in your body for ages without knowing it. Most people i know reckon they got it from Lake Malawi where everyone tells you not to swim but it is hot and it looks so tempting. But can back up the fact that often people do not know they have it till they suddenly start peeing blood months later and like other diseases it can come back at any point in the future.

I was also told you got it from trying to take a sneaky pee in the water when no one is looking, so you should probably make sure you are not swimming downstream of him too often.....

• ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.