collapse

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3868
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
Re: Chris Froome
« Reply #2790 on: October 15, 2019, 18:18 »
I have no faith in Kipchoge. Even if he wasn't doped, he drafted the whole race

Well, it wasn't even a "race." It was staged event to break the 2 hour mark. He had over 40 pacers who took turns as a relay team, plus a "laser-guided car" (whatever that means)  in front to keep them on the proper time schedule.

That's why it won't count as an official marathon record. But the whole thing is farcical anyway. Magic shoes, etc.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1639
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #2791 on: October 15, 2019, 21:26 »
    Well, it wasn't even a "race." It was staged event to break the 2 hour mark. He had over 40 pacers who took turns as a relay team, plus a "laser-guided car" (whatever that means)  in front to keep them on the proper time schedule.

That's why it won't count as an official marathon record. But the whole thing is farcical anyway. Magic shoes, etc.
    Right. Actually, I didn't realize it wasn't a race. I'd heard about the pacers and the shoes and all, pre-event. I didn't bother paying any more attention. I suppose that does put this in a similar category to breaking land speed records on a bicycle - drafted, salt flats, all that.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1639
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #2792 on: October 15, 2019, 21:29 »
    Wow cheers MG top tip on two rank outsiders there!!   :D
    There ya go, give me the sh*t! :D I was reading the Velonews review of the course - and they are saying it is an attempt to break the Ineos hold. But I think it does the opposite.

Well, I can't remember the last time somebody came to me for advice on who to bet for. Probably worth knowing, that.
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3868
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #2793 on: October 16, 2019, 11:31 »
    He had over 40 pacers who took turns as a relay team, plus a "laser-guided car" (whatever that means)

Apparently it means this:  :S

Just wait until those lasers become self-aware.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts