collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10423
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Re: Chris Froome
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2013, 07:16 »
It was a bit of fun stirring the sh*t yesterday.

Michelle was a bit peeed, bikepure never responded to me but a classic headline grab. Froome gets stress but Porte not.

Was funny seeing a lot of old kits though ram

The yellow and blue ag2r kit was cool.
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

ram

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2013, 07:23 »
    and then they thought brown shorts was a good idea.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3287
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #92 on: June 26, 2013, 08:29 »
    cmon - poo brown is a great look for shorts.   Isnt it?    :D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10423
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #93 on: June 26, 2013, 08:32 »
    cmon - poo brown is a great look for shorts.   Isnt it?    :D

My son is big on it  :rolleye
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #94 on: June 26, 2013, 22:26 »
    Froome just said in a radio5 interview that he has zero TUE's.

There was another funny story about his lack of bike handling skills from Alex Dowsett when Froome was leading out a sprint train going far too fast into a roundabout and not realising they needed to do a 360 degree and instead went straight ahead.

Poor old Froome is going to be attacked on every downhill.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #95 on: June 27, 2013, 00:00 »
    Just burn some Indonesian forests and Jelajah done. They may hold city criteriums if it doesn't clear, at least that's what the MNCF dep. chief said a few days ago.

It's funny bikepure. They started with this pledge, and it's not too visible on their publishing anymore-

The only place that is visible atm is here and here.

Somewhere down the line, and they used to hand out financial details to those who requested earlier (quite a while ago now), they were operating at a loss (and a loan from one of the trust's founders, I think) and the 5 quid wristbands were not feasible. So what happens? A wristband now costs 250 quid of which a massive 5% goes to anti doping.

Also ironic is the list of teams the riders represent in the second link, while Downing and Dowsett are listed in their current lot, I see a lot of HTC, Fly V Australia, and Jayco teams there.

But the best has to be the website claiming it's a pledge to anti doping having a rider who got caught foul of an anti doping violation endorsing them within an hour of this non event and featuring on a page of their brochure.

Of course the crusty turd CCN group would never help in keeping anything real. So it became a pledge to bikepure and not its original aim. Person with a website has his head get too big for what he is......... The dot-com bubble was still far more entertaining.

As one rider on twitter pointed out the whole issue with this is riders that are cheating are already lying to everyone that matters. so buying a Blue wrist band and making some fake promise is not exactly a massive step further

signing up to massive punitive costs if they get caught and various other things is a lot more important in my book
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #96 on: July 06, 2013, 12:21 »
    some serious BS from Brailsford.......

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/07/news/qa-brailsford-on-why-froome-wont-release-power-data_293771

the absolute peach is this

At some point in time, clean performances will surpass the doped performances in the past.

Must be dining out with Bruyneel in London too much......

Next it will be, "We might as well win..."

• ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #97 on: July 07, 2013, 02:06 »

yoicks

Post Merge: July 07, 2013, 02:10
    he's morphed into old grampa froome
     :bouaaaaah :ohno:  :yarr
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #98 on: July 07, 2013, 03:37 »

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/07/news/qa-brailsford-on-why-froome-wont-release-power-data_293771

Must be dining out with Bruyneel in London too much......

Next it will be, "We might as well win..."
    Science or spot analyzed this comment and said their estimate is 20-30 years.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #99 on: July 07, 2013, 11:09 »
    Science or spot analyzed this comment and said their estimate is 20-30 years.

Brailsford's estimate was 24hours.........................
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 179
    « Reply #100 on: July 07, 2013, 11:48 »

At some point in time, clean performances will surpass the doped performances in the past.

You need to know Brailsford to understand quite how much fun he is getting from making statements like that.  He knows exactly what he is saying and the audience he wants to provoke.  A Sky 'bot will analyse the Clinic's response and Fran and Dave will later laugh their heads off over a glass of wine.
  • ReplyReply

• Joachim

• National Champion
    • Liked: 290
    « Reply #101 on: July 07, 2013, 12:47 »
    Its like watching a pussy cat toy with a mouse
  • ReplyReply
  • "You can't handle the truth"

Colonel Nathan R Jessup

benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #102 on: July 07, 2013, 13:23 »
    You need to know Brailsford to understand quite how much fun he is getting from making statements like that.  He knows exactly what he is saying and the audience he wants to provoke.  A Sky 'bot will analyse the Clinic's response and Fran and Dave will later laugh their heads off over a glass of wine.

Nope they will send more obfuscaters in to try and silence the bone idle w**nkers who can see straight through their BS.

They are laughing so hard they have Fran's Bro saying how clean they are........
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3748
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Reigning Giro Prediction ChampVelorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    I wonder if people would judge other riders so harshly if they actually got to hear what they had to say, and understood their language? I mean....what is Valverde's view of doping in the peloton? What is Contador's?

I haven't heard them, nor would I understand them if I did.

I'm minded to view Wiggins a little more harshly than I did last year, purely because of the way Froome is conducting himself. Ie. calmer, more modest, less impetuous.

I don't know what all this stuff is about Froome accusing AC of doping. I heard an interview where he was asked to account for his performance against convicted dopers (the implication being AC/VLVDe) but he just batted it away saying it is for journalists to work it out. That isn't an accusation of doping, but if somebody (Florrie!) can provide a link where he did I'd be interested.

I think you have to accept that Froome might be doping, and judge his responses accordingly, but that also means you have to accept that he might not be doping and judge his answers accordingly as well.

If it is the latter, then you would have to respect the way he is approaching the endless doping questions.

Froome was asked, do you believe Contador when he says he never doped.

Froome answered. You shouldn't ask me. I don't know what he did and didn't do. He's had his ban right?  (and now comes the weird part, completely not in line with what he was saying before) I see there are riders who used to do things they can't do anymore. That tells me cycling has changed.

Journo asks, do you mean Contador?
    Froome:I'll let you figure that out.

:rolleye

note this was translated from english into dutch by a journo and from dutch into english by me. But I've seen it mentioned in several places.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1049
    Froome was asked, do you believe Contador when he says he never doped.

Froome answered. You shouldn't ask me. I don't know what he did and didn't do. He's had his ban right?  (and now comes the weird part, completely not in line with what he was saying before) I see there are riders who used to do things they can't do anymore. That tells me cycling has changed.

Journo asks, do you mean Contador?
    Froome:I'll let you figure that out.

:rolleye

note this was translated from english into dutch by a journo and from dutch into english by me. But I've seen it mentioned in several places.
    You mean you don't like Froome because he's implied Contador might be clean now?
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Reigning Giro Prediction ChampVelorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    You mean you don't like Froome because he's implied Contador might be clean now?

If you look at my post I don't like him for many reasons. One of them being him accusing Contador of doping in the past. You don't do such things when you respect a rival. Especially because Alberto has always been very friendly towards Froome, Froome has never really answered that but this is way worse. I kinda want Alberto to tell Froome to go flip himself right now.

But anyway, the moment Froome gets caught will be even sweeter now.
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 703
    • Spring is coming... I hope
      • Fendrien
    One of them being him accusing Contador of doping in the past. You don't do such things when you respect a rival.

If you respect your rivals surely you don't dope to beat them?
  • ReplyReply

• Joachim

• National Champion
    @ Florrie

The question that was asked of Froome was massively loaded, no?

Besides, I thought we were all anti-omertà here? You can't have it both ways, criticising riders for hypocrisy and then criticising them for being honest.

Besides, is there anybody who believes AC didn't dope, and anybody that hasn't noticed that post doping ban (yes! He was banned for doping) he can't do what he did before?

Blinded by fangirlism?? :)
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    @ Florrie

The question that was asked of Froome was massively loaded, no?

Besides, I thought we were all anti-omertà here? You can't have it both ways, criticising riders for hypocrisy and then criticising them for being honest.

Besides, is there anybody who believes AC didn't dope, and anybody that hasn't noticed that post doping ban (yes! He was banned for doping) he can't do what he did before?

Blinded by fangirlism?? :)

What :o_o

the question wasn't massively loaded, he could've just stopped at "He's had his ban right? " but he chose to add the accusation.

I am not anti-omerta. To be honest I don't give a flying flip about doping, with sky, it's as hitch said, it isn't what they do but that they do it in the name of clean cycling.

Yes he sucks right now. And yes maybe that's because he stopped doping. But Froome is in no place to publicly humiliate Alberto with speculation. He flames journos for speculating he might be doped. Yet he speculates Alberto might be a doper. Again, he thinks he's god and can do whatever he likes?

No I'm not blinded. And you are perfectly allowed to be happy with what froome said. I am also allowed to dislike Froome because of what he said. In my opinion it shows a complete lack of respect for someone who's always respected him and been friendly to him.
  • ReplyReply

• myth1908

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 81
    announcement made on CF's official facebook page (can't remember it word by word, but i remember the idea): we won't accept any comments about doping. those who will they will be banned, reported to facebook and their comments will be deleted.

i was actually banned and reported for saying: "i think your performance in stage 8 was out of the normal. i would't bet my money on your cleanness, but who knows?"

anyway, i heard that they deleted that announcement after many users were angry. i can't tell for sure, coz i'm banned :D

and i don't like CF simply because he's riding for team skynet, which i'm genetically designed not to like such teams.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Is Prudhomme on about those sunglasses, too, or maybe "eyes" is the new code word for programme? :D

Don't take this the wrong way, flo, but I think you are seeing what you want to see.
    Froome has plenty of faults, but the way he interviews certainly isn't one of them.
    Wiggins comes across as arrogant; a bit of a dick, Froome certainly doesn't.
    As for Porte, maybe you ought to start a: "Why I hate Porte thread"?

Mind you, I haven't seen anything of this interview where he speaks of Alberto.
    Any chance of a link, please?
    rest day press conference
    http://sport.be.msn.com/nl/wielrennen/article.html?Article_ID=650015

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/DMF20130708_00651885

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/froome-set-to-be-offered-better-protection-from-sky-teammates-as-he-bids-to-win-tour-de-france-1.391079

Froome would not be drawn on Contador's comment, other than saying: "there definitely do need to be questions asked about performances in the past."

I read the full interview in a belgian newspaper

Edit: I think froome comes across as a dick because of his comments on Alberto and his arrogance
  • ReplyReply

• Joachim

• National Champion
    Froome is damned whatever he does.

If he refuses to answer or tries to claim cycling was never dirty he's doomed for perpetuating omerta. If he accepts that cycling was dirty he will be critisced for the implications of that by people like you.

He has to say cycling is cleaner, because to not say that would implicate himself

It doesn't matter that it is Froome, it would be anybody in yellow. If Contador was in yellow he would be asked difficult questions. For one, they would be in a language most here don't speak, and secondly he has an exceedingly poor record on speaking out about doping (for obvious reasons)

• ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Froome is damned whatever he does.

If he refuses to answer or tries to claim cycling was never dirty he's doomed for perpetuating omerta. If he accepts that cycling was dirty he will be critisced for the implications of that by people like you.

He has to say cycling is cleaner, because to not say that would implicate himself

It doesn't matter that it is Froome, it would be anybody in yellow. If Contador was in yellow he would be asked difficult questions. For one, they would be in a language most here don't speak, and secondly he has an exceedingly poor record on speaking out about doping (for obvious reasons)

why was this a difficult question? He could've just answered with I don't know, but he chose to accuse Alberto so I feel I am allowed to hate him for that. It was a poor decision.

At least Alberto would never be such a big hypocrite to say everyone in the peloton used to be doping except for him.
  • ReplyReply

• Joachim

• National Champion
    Well, of course, Froome didn't actually say that. You made it up  :D
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Well, of course, Froome didn't actually say that. You made it up :)

Is this a joke. I hope so.
  • ReplyReply

• Joachim

• National Champion
    No you really did make that up. Froome didn't say everyone in the peloton used to dope except him.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    No you really did make that up. Froome didn't say everyone in the peloton doped except him.

Oh thought you meant the Alberto comments :fp

He implied it though. He said he is able to win now because cycling is clean ergo everyone who used to beat him was doped.
  • ReplyReply

• Joachim

• National Champion
    The implication is that clean people can now win because far fewer have an unfair advantage through doping.

Two points:

Regardless of whether he is right, what he describes is what we all want, no? Clean riders having a chance to win.

Secondly, everyone did dope.  You seem conflicted about this, do you want head-in-the_sand omertà or do you want people to be honest and acknowledge that everyone doped?

He is saying the things that were previously unsayable.

Only if he is exposed as a doper can we all condemn him as a hypocrit, but for now he is saying the right things from an anti-doping perspective
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Okay we disagree, that's fine
  • ReplyReply

• Joachim

• National Champion
    Of course it's ok if we disagree. It is totally inconsequential.

I'm just not entirely sure what you are disagreeing with as I've outlined in my last post.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.