• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6653
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: Vinokourov LBL 2010
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2018, 11:37 »
reading back on this thread is pretty interesting.

Also - its taken a LONG time to get to this point, and still more postponements.  They had this info over 6 years ago, for a race that took place nearly 8 years ago ... and still havent had a hearing yet.

The legal system here is infamously slow and it's usually for administrative reasons rather than an emphasis on respecting due process at the disclosure stage. Where some countries bemoan a lack of keyworkers such as nurses or teachers, we are told there are often not enough judges to fill the bench. Added to that, you have to take into account the lengthy summer period where the only thing that courts do is to try to lessen the backlog of cases.

A friend of mine had an employment dispute go to court and these cases are normally prioritised because of the "human interest" in terms of security of livelihood. It took almost three years from the filing of the original complaint to get an hearing that lasted an hour and then another month to obtain a written judgement.

Perhaps in the present case Vinokourov has insisted on being there and he will be busy with his budget crisis. Who knows what Kolobok is up to these days.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Cycling Farmers by Drummer Boy
    [Today at 02:17]

[Today at 01:31]

[Today at 01:20]

Re: Cycling Farmers by Echoes