collapse

benotti69

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 215
Benotti - I think you have it exactly.  I am not sure quite where the idea came from that either Cooke or Armistead could get a win from, formed, but it certainly was not rational based on records of rides up to the World Champs or since and where was the well drilled lead out train.  The horsepower was there to do it, but the rider around who it all hinged was Pooley and she didn't show.  And to be frank, Armistead looked either not to know what she had to do or was deliberately riding for the "I wuz robbed" tale.  A far easier option rather than put yourself right in the mix and then see how you don't stack up to the hype.  Straight after the race she came out with some tale of being trapped behind a fallen rider and then later sang another tune.

i reread your post above this one, the long reply and i agree that Brailsford not running a women's teamsky is a disgrace considering all the facilities they have at teamsky and teamGB. how much extra would it need and if they want to do the double in the RRs this must have made sense? But maybe they thought that if Cooke wins it and was not on TeamSkyW they would look foolish. I dont see how they can leave Cooke out as defending holder if she is riding well and not injured. She has had a hard a 4 years since 2008 and i am not really sure why? Are most of the women's teams nationality based and therefore Cooke is not an immediate choice for foreign teams.

If Armistead wants to win the Olympic RR or World Champ Race this year should she not be in the same races as Vos? Vos will be the one to beat. I magine in women's cycling the current top races to win are Olympics, Worlds then nationals in that order. After that i suppose sponsors want to see riders in races that are relevant to their market place. But the DS should know that Armistead is the great Brit hope for this years Olympics and the worlds so would want her competing against Vos...

• ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

Recent Posts