collapse

benotti69

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 215
It's more likely that Copenhagen was the place were long-running attitudes and agitations ran into one of those freak moments where an already thin string could only snap.

I enjoyed reading that in the paper this morning, and the one impression I was left with was that they all, from their private perspectives, had probably very good reasons to feel justified by sticking to their guns.

If Nicole had not been overtaken by the whole "new approach" here, she'd probably stood out for having crafted her own path. Now people write as if she made "poor career decisions". But she only was able to make poor decisions, because prior to that, she had made the exact right ones.

Personally I quite like the souls who get places by following their own nose. She certainly did. Cycling Team GB 2012 'with or without her' is not a guaranteed success story either, btw. Sure, it looks like a decent 'bagging' opportunity. But a lot can change through very little though.

+1 FtP

TeamGB on the track have been a big success. But on the road they had a course made for Cav in 2011 and it was theirs for the taking and they did a great ride to take it.

Cooke has done a lot without any of TeamGB and she is probably used to trusting her own instincts. Maybe too many in TeamGB wanted to take credit for her wins in 2008 and she felt that they weren't there when she was doing the hard work.

Lot more to this than we have been told yet.

• ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

Recent Posts

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Leadbelly
    [November 19, 2019, 19:18]

Re: Tokyo 2020 Olympic Road Race & ITT thread by Leadbelly
    [November 18, 2019, 15:37]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search
    [November 17, 2019, 07:59]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Drummer Boy
    [November 16, 2019, 00:36]

Re: Men's Kits 2020 by Drummer Boy