collapse

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 108
Re: Rugby...for those who like odd shaped balls
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 19:28 »
wow first time I saw rugby live on tv very nice I was cheering for ireland did not understand a thing though

Glad you enjoyed it!  Was definitely one for the purist - awful conditions meant that it was never going to be exciting with lots of tries.  However, what it was, was gritty, determination, and a brilliantly mature performance from a very young and inexperienced England side - (BOD and O'Gara have 250 caps between them, by my calculations England's entire starting 15 = 236). 

Thought Robshaw was excellent - a real captain's performance, certainly when compared to Heaslip.  Surely he has to start for the Lions (and captain...?)  Goode was solid under the high ball and played well I thought.  Was annoyed the 12 trees came off so early, although I guess Lancaster wanted Manu to smash the Irish back as they were starting to get some momentum.  Overall, Ireland were poor - far too many handling errors, even with the weather, but England showed they can win ugly which is something that all good teams need to be able to do.  And although he was not quite as good as last week, is it bad that I have a massive man crush on Owen Farrell...?  He's class, and only going to get better imho   :embarrassed
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

Recent Posts

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Leadbelly
    [November 19, 2019, 19:18]

Re: Tokyo 2020 Olympic Road Race & ITT thread by Leadbelly
    [November 18, 2019, 15:37]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search
    [November 17, 2019, 07:59]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Drummer Boy
    [November 16, 2019, 00:36]

Re: Men's Kits 2020 by Drummer Boy
    [November 16, 2019, 00:31]

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly