collapse

Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1285
Re: Rugby...for those who like odd shaped balls
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2013, 11:44 »
...At present though, must say England look far better than I expected, even post the win over NZ.
I agree. One of the big differences has been the quality of the on-field decision making which has let England down for as long as I can remember. If they game plan didn't work, England lost. Now we're not giving away penalty after penalty, getting caught out by the same tactic repeatedly etc.

Interesting article in Saturday's Guardian which may go some way to explaining why...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2013/feb/08/stuart-lancaster-england-flops-force

and it relates to cycling too...

This is a more modern, go-ahead England setup than people, as yet, appreciate. Once Matt Parker, formerly British cycling's head of marginal gains – who has recently been hired to be another of Lancaster's go-to men – gets his bike-clips fully under the table it will become even more evident.
To a greater extent than most other coaches, Lancaster believes that a culture of self-improvement should apply as much to him as to his players. His regular brainstorming sessions with cycling's Dave Brailsford and other sporting experts are not window-dressing but genuine attempts to broaden his mind for the betterment of his squad..
  • ReplyReply

•