collapse

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 108
Re: Rugby...for those who like odd shaped balls
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2013, 09:49 »
What the hell happened to the Italian scrum?  Wales absolutely dismantled them.  Burton was very poor I thought - Orquera should have been brought on when they were chasing the game.

England won whilst playing no where near their best, always the sign of a good team.  It seemed that they were so focussed on 'winning the collisions' that they forgot everything else that they have done well in the first 2 games.  I couldn't work out what Tom Youngs had done to deserve being dropped, and Hartley's performance proved it - thought he had a stinker, and Lawes made the whole selection unbalanced.  Behind the scrum, Farrell had his worst game so far - and I realised is quite a dirty player - which limited England hugely.  As Guscott pointed out at half term, should have scored that try when he chipped over...  Having Tuilagi back makes a big difference in terms of 'go forward' ball, and even though he's not the best defender, he's phenomenal on the attack.  However, without 12trees, the whole backline looked like it was missing a bit of guile and finesse. 

France... I hope PSA gets an absolute roasting in the press.  Within about 2 minutes, Fofana in the centres was making a difference, and his try was superb.  Parra and T-D both played well, and PSA must be the only man who still thinks Michelak deserves game time as an international 10. 

Scotland vs Ireland this afternoon...past experience has taught me never to expect too much from Scotland, even on the back of recent good performances.  It's going to take a monster performance from the pack to nullify the Irish back row, and finger's crossed we get some good quality ball on the front foot...
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish