collapse

brassyn

• Neo Pro
  • Liked: 28
  • Just a fan. Also, not a man.
    • FYC
General Cyclocross News
« on: January 31, 2012, 23:30 »
Some cyclists like to overshare: Sven Nys has cystitis http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx?articleid=DMF20120131_174 - he will miss his next race in Maldegem.

Put under a general banner because I refuse to start a thread with Sven's bladder issues in the subject line  :)
  • ReplyReply

• Michielveedeebee

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 52
    Re: General Cyclocross News
    « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 14:19 »
    Albert clearly had too much drinks after becoming world champ
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Craig1985

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 22:15 »
    GVA Trofee to be decided on total time of the eight races

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gva-trofee-makes-sweeping-changes

What, thats seriously flipping confusing...
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 08:44 »
    GVA Trofee to be decided on total time of the eight races

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gva-trofee-makes-sweeping-changes

What, thats seriously fornicating confusing...

I like the idea. The GVA this year sagged a bit once it became pretty clear that Pauwels had racked up enough points to hold steady. It keeps things in the air the whole CX season. Plus it means that a broader selection of riders could win overall, more than the usual two or three.  ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10826
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 07:31 »
    Just discovered the 2012-13 season race calendar courtesy of Belgian Cycling:

http://www.belgiancycling.be/files/Documenten/Disciplines/Veldrijden/Kalender/CYCLO-CROSSKALENDER%202012-2013.pdf

I will try to remember to update the VR calendar when I come back. Meanwhile, start planning your season!
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 07:22 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 07:24 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 20:57 »

Tom Meeusen hopes that the 2012/13 cyclocross season will be the one that sees him join the ranks of the ‘toppers’ like Sven Nys, Kevin Pauwels and World champion Niels Albert, according to Net Nieuwsblad. The 23-year-old from just outside Antwerp, Belgium, was speaking at his Telenet-Fidea team’s presentation at Belgian theme park Bobbejaanland. Meeusen was the outstanding under-23 ‘beloften’ rider two years ago but, since stepping up to the elite level, has not quite been able to match those results.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12932/Tom-Meeusen-hopes-to-join-the-big-names-of-cyclocross-in-201213.aspx#ixzz27VtCD3Sj
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 12:02 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 20:04 »
    I dont even know where to put this...

Check the related videos for "Warm beer and cold women"

• ReplyReply

• mc_mountain

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 921
    « Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 13:35 »

Boonen & Friends CX

1. Zdenek Stybar (Tsj/Omega Pharma-QuickStep) 39:00
    2. Maarten Wynants
    3. Pieter Vanspeybrouck
    4. Matteo Trentin (Ita)
    5. Peter Sagan (Svk)
    6. Frederique Robert
    7. Sven Vandousselaere
    8. Maxime Vantomme
    9. Dries Hollanders
    10. Pieter Serry
    11. Nikolas Maes
    12. Kevin Hulsmans
    13. Stijn Joseph
    14. Guillaume Van Keirsbulck
    15. Jérôme Baugnies
    16. Gregory Franckaert
    17. Nick Wynants
    18. Francisco Ventoso (Spa)
    19. Laurens De Vreese
    20. Johan Vansummeren
    21. Kurt Geysen
    22. Kurt Hovelynck
    23. Iljo Keisse
    24. Dirk Bellemakers (Ned)
    25. Roy Sentjens
    26. Dries Devenyns
    27. Andrew Fenn (GBr)
    28. Gianni Meersman
    29. Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol)
    30. Florian Senechal
    31. Carlos Verona (Spa)
    32. Floris Smeyers
    33. Julien Vermote
    via Biciciclismo
  • ReplyReply
  • Youth CQ Game originator.

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 10:02 »
    !
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 22:38 »
    GP De Ster 2012

Place    Rider   Time
    1   Sven Nys (Bel) Landbouwkrediet-KDL   1:00:16   
    2   Niels Albert (Bel) BKCP - Powerplus   0:00:02   
    3   Tom Meeusen (Bel) Telenet - Fidea   0:00:04   
    4   Francis Mourey (Fra) FDJ-BigMat   0:00:05   
    5   Philipp Walsleben (Ger) BKCP - Powerplus

So back to the usual drill there..   
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 23:30 »
    And full credit to Nys here who rises out of the doldrums and wins after his theatrics yesterday:

Sven Nys bounces back to pip Niels Albert in Bredene

A day after crashing twice and confronting a drunken beer-flinging spectator at the Azencross in Loenhout, Sven Nys (Landbouwkrediet-Euphony) bounced back to out-kick world champion Niels Albert (BKCP-Powerplus) for the win at the Versluys Cyclocross in Bredene.

The day began with more bad luck for the Belgian champion, who flatted in the first lap. But he recovered to join a lead group containing teammate Sven Vanthourenhout, Albert, Jonathan Page (Planet Bike) and Zdenek Stybar (Omega Pharma-Quick Step).

In the finale Albert and Nys sprinted for the line, with the world champion falling short by a whisker as Nys collected his 14th victory of the season. Stybar followed a few lengths behind for third.

Stybar seems to be tagging behind consistently making the podiums..

• ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 18:33 »
    Nys starts own race

Sven Nys (Landbouwkrediet-Euphony) will start his own race in Baal, Belgium, on New Years Day, despite suffering from an unknown illness in the Diegem Superprestige yesterday. The Belgian champion found himself unable to follow the pace set by the rest of the favourites in the annual floodlit race, and could only manage a disappointing seventh place behind World champion Niels Albert (BKCP-Powerplus).

"With such a weak performance and result we are looking for an explanation, of course," said Nys’ directeur sportif Jan Verstraeten. "Because Sven said that he felt ill immediately after the race in Diegem.”

Good on you Sven :win
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2468
    « Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 13:50 »
    Gerben de Knegt finally retiring from cross after this season. He won't race the Worlds since he hasn't qualified, but will do the Dutch Nationals. Also, he denies any knowledge of doping during his time at Rabobank (surprise), but he does admit that given the evidence it is likely that some stuff did happen.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2698/Sport/article/detail/3373918/2013/01/08/Veldrijder-De-Knegt-heeft-vrede-met-afscheid.dhtml
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 09:32 »
    Aurélien Duval retired from cycling officially yesterday. Only 24, he was last season's French national champion and has often featured quite prominently in big races, finishing inside the top ten on several occasions.

A young bright hope extinguished?

'Cross in France isn't huge though the two WT teams FDJ and AG2R do support 'cross riders. What seems to be changing is a) other disciplines as a definite priority, and b) the lack of small sponsorships.

Francis Mourey, 2013 national champion, is the only full-time CX racer in the aforementioned WT teams. Steve Chainel, Arnold Jeannesson and John Gadret have all pared down their 'cross activities to just a few races per year. Of the other notable riders, Nicolas Bazin rides CX full-time for BigMat. Roubaix-Lille Métropole's Mathieu Boulo benefits from local connections in French CX's heartland but he must still do road duties. Guillaume Perrot is better known (for now at least) as a trackie. Young Arnaud Jouffroy found a berth on a top Belgian team (Telenet-Fidea).

However, some of the responsibility for Duval's situation has to be attributable to his 2009 positive test which got him fired from FDJ and frozen out of the sport until 2011. The bigger teams had no interest in him when he returned so he rode in the colours of UV Aube and won the Nats in his first season back.

It seemed like a middle finger to the French cycling establishment at the time but statements don't put food on the table and success is no guarantee of a wage. Since we're almost at the end of the season, questions may be asked in the coming days about the health of 'cross in France, but for now Duval must hang up his wheels.
  • ReplyReply

• Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1316
    « Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 18:40 »
    I'm very very sad for Aurel  :'(

He was one of the best cyclocrossers of his generation. Second to Albert in the U23 Worlds 2008. At that time, Albert named as one of his best opponents, along with Philipp Walsleben.

Unfortunately, he got positive for a mere stimulant in October 2009. 2 year ban. He was ready to take a hard work in his dad's saw-mill but by summer 2011, he trained hard again to resume cyclocross but no big pro teams wanted him any longer and he found shelter in small semi-pro teams Club Champagne Charlott' (with the legendary jersey!) and ECV Boulzicourt. When I think of the big crooks like Valverde and Vinokurov who had the same ban (and yet for Piti) for much worse offences and were offered a fortune when back. It's disgusting.

In his small team, he got the national title. Well deserved ! And in the post-race he would remain dignified, humble and low-profile ...

So now the dad's saw-mill is awaiting for him and I wish him a lot of courage.

It's true that cyclocross isn't huge in France, overall but for some reasons, most French crossers come from the North-West. The Franche-Comté has Mourey, Viennet and Colombatto (a real cycling region!). Chainel is from the Vosges, just on the other side of the regional border. Duval and Gadret are from the French Ardennes, a bit further North close to the Belgian border.

It actually does not come as a surprise. I've been there several time. When you take the train from Épinal to Belfort you can really see never-ending forests. Really loved it. It's not a surprise either that Duval's family owns a saw-mill. :)
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1316
    « Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 20:01 »
    An Aurélien Duval interview after the French Nats 2012: http://www.velo101.com/cyclo-cross/article/interview-daurelien-duval--4393

I'm translating the middle part:

J'ai été suspendu le 23 octobre 2009. J'ai arrêté le vélo pendant quinze mois complets. J'ai travaillé dans l'entreprise de travaux publics de mon père. En février dernier, l'idée de reprendre m'est venue. J'ai rouloté jusqu'à reprendre sérieusement le 1er juin. Je voulais arrêter mais mon entourage a voulu que je recommence, ce que j'ai fait. Mais je ne vois plus le vélo comme avant. Si demain je dois arrêter pour monter sur une pelle faire des travaux publics, je serai aussi heureux.

I was suspended on 10/23/2009. I fully stopped cycling for 15 months. I worked at my father's civil engineering company. Last February [2011] the idea of coming back sprang to my mind. I softly rode until June 1 when I started seriously training back. I wished to stop but my 'entourage' [word exists in Eng. no?] wanted me to start again, which I did. But I don't see cycling like before. If tomorrow, I have to stop and get on a crane to make a civil engineering job, I'd be equally as happy.

A ce jour, je ne sais toujours pas d'où est sorti ce produit, peut-être d'une barre de céréales... C'est un produit autorisé à l'entraînement qui s'élimine dans les urines en trente-six heures, pas un produit lourd comme de l'EPO ou une transfusion sanguine. Je ne suis pas un grand bandit ! Mais toutes les affaires ne sont pas traitées à l'identique selon qu'on s'appelle Aurélien Duval ou Alberto Contador.

At this point, I still don't know where this substance comes from, perhaps a cereal bar... It's a substance that is tolerated in training and is removed from urine in 36 hours, not a heavy substance like EPO or blood transfusion. I'm not a big bandit! Only the cases are not treated the same way whether you be Aurélien Duval or Alberto Contador.
    Je voulais faire une bonne saison. Mais je ne sacrifierai pas des années de ma vie pour courir chez les amateurs. Je ne vis pas du monde du vélo, j'en survis grâce aux primes. Je vais peut-être continuer encore un peu même si je ne passe pas pro, ne serait-ce que pour honorer ce maillot. Et puis des portes vont peut-être s'ouvrir...

I wanted to do a good season. But I won't sacrifice years of my life to race in the amateur circuit. I don't live from cycling. I'm surviving thanks to the awards. I might still keep on racing a bit, even if I don't turn pro, just to honour this jersey, and then hopefully doors will open...

• ReplyReply

• Blackbandit222

• National Champion
    • Liked: 196
    « Reply #26 on: September 11, 2013, 03:33 »
    2013 MAC SERIES SCHEDULE
    http://www.midatlanticcross.com

SAT 9/7/13       NITTANY CROSS        TREXLERTOWN PA
    SUN 9/8/13       NITTANY CROSS        TREXLERTOWN PA
    SAT 9/21/13       CHARM CITY CROSS      BALTIMORE MD   
    SUN 9/22/13      CHARM CITY CROSS      BALTIMORE MD   
    SAT 10/12/13       WHIRLYBIRD CROSS      BENSALEM PA          
    SAT 11/9/13       FAIRHILL CROSS         ELKTON MD   
    SUN 11/10/13    HPCX CROSS                 HIGHLAND PARK NJ   
    SUN 11/17/13    KUTZTOWN CROSS         KUTZTOWN PA   
    SAT 11/30/13       LIMESTONE CROSS         EMMAUS PA   
  • ReplyReply
  • Sagan supporter.

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 13:42 »

Dim porn  :lol
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #28 on: September 15, 2013, 09:36 »
    Excuse me Echoes and other cx fans where is the hype, the discussion the , it is going to be great etc etc.

Erpe-Mere has a race today.

All aboard the Echoes cx hype train, if it arrives at the station  :?

:lol
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #29 on: September 15, 2013, 13:13 »
    Excuse me Echoes and other cx fans where is the hype, the discussion the , it is going to be great etc etc.

Erpe-Mere has a race today.

All aboard the Echoes cx hype train, if it arrives at the station  :?

:lol

I'll get into it shortly but my head is still firmly on the road until after Lombardia :)
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Race news 2018 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:35]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:21]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:12]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 05:25]

Re: Retirement announcements by search
    [November 16, 2017, 08:13]

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [November 15, 2017, 20:35]