collapse

Echoes

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 2029
Re: General Cyclocross News
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2021, 14:48 »
Echoes what did you make of today - too early in MVDP recovery to take much from it other than he is still significantly better than everyone else bar one?; and also perhaps that Pidcock was a bit disappointing today after last weekend?  Great WVA show though - thoroughly enjoyed it - although looking less and less likely that I'll see any in the flesh in 2022

Sorry, I couldn't see it live but Van Aert really seems dominant this season, which is amazing after a full road season behind the back. First to last lap solo and more than a minute gap ! I don't remember when he crossed back (last month?). I remember a few years back that Toon Aerts could handle him, now he's back to his former cross level. Zolder is the course where he got his first World title but it's not necessarily the course that suits him best. Van der Poel says everything is according to plan but a few seasons ago he would get in better shape quicker than that. It's a bit alarming but he's got time before the Worlds.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)