collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10274
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Re: The Secret Pro Blog
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2015, 09:31 »
https://twitter.com/IamtheSecretPro/status/608100046349828096

very Oz centric with praise

much of what he says I guess makes sense  :o :o as a rider

as a fan best GT in ages  :D :D

I have said before there is something to be said for full retard
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3706
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Reigning Giro Prediction ChampVelorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #121 on: June 09, 2015, 09:37 »
    lol
    Contador did a good job of taking the pink home; his team was solid with a few scrappy exclusions. But he rode well, showed class on a few stages and then showed he couldn’t do it day after day.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #122 on: June 09, 2015, 09:42 »
    "fireworks-infused"  :secretlol
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #123 on: June 09, 2015, 12:06 »
    Ahh the tri-annual sh*t on team x, praise rider y eventhough his record / improvements have been extremely dodgy, praise rider z eventhough everyone realistic knows he aint paniagua either and finally some remarks on why the UCI are useless.

So lets fill it in;

sh*t on Astana.
    Praise Wiggo.
    Praise Berto.
    UCI are useless.

YAY. Thanks Secret Pro for saying what a remotely cynical fan has already thought of but then not daring to go all the way so just say halfassed things! :woohoo
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1260
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
    « Reply #124 on: June 09, 2015, 12:25 »
    Ahh the tri-annual sh*t on team x, praise rider y eventhough his record / improvements have been extremely dodgy, praise rider z eventhough everyone realistic knows he aint paniagua either and finally some remarks on why the UCI are useless.

So lets fill it in;

sh*t on Astana.
    Praise Wiggo.
    Praise Berto.
    UCI are useless.

YAY. Thanks Secret Pro for saying what a remotely cynical fan has already thought of but then not daring to go all the way so just say halfassed things! :woohoo

To be fair to Wiggo, he has never been linked to anything illegal.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3170
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #125 on: June 10, 2015, 01:47 »
    to be fair to some of the Astana riders, they have never been linked to anything illegal either.

The point is Joel, that he arbitrarily sh*ts on some while praising others in similar situations or with similar improvements depending basically on who he likes or on PR.

Havy wasnt making accusations against Wiggo - he was accusing the 'secret pro' moron of random halfassed bullsh*t
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1902
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #126 on: June 10, 2015, 03:40 »
    to be fair to some of the Astana riders, they have never been linked to anything illegal either.
    Besides Astana.  :D

Where to begin with the most useless cycling column ever written...:slow

FFS, there is not one, single word from that joker that makes me think, "Oh yeah, this dude is really on the inside!"

Give. Me. A Break.

The Secret Doosh reads like little more than some kid in his bedroom after perusing the pages of his Velonews subscription (they still make those things out of paper and send them in the mail, right?). I call BS on the whole thing. He behaves as if the reader has no clue as to what the most worn out stories of the month were.

Oh, Astana drilled it at the Giro?! No kidding. But he tires to be coy about it, "Certain teams just took the race by the horns. Yah, "certain" teams. WOW! Juicy gossip!!!!

On Contador:
    "He rode well."
    Yes, I suppose he did.  :lol

His mundane retelling of these already-thoroughly-hashed-out events is not only unbecoming of a website dedicate to cycling, it's just plain boring, dull and dumb.

Nothing about it sounds the least bit believable to me. None of it.

And each installment becomes more and more of an embarrassment to himself and CyclingTips. :fp

Ooh, a clue!
    Tour of California...it’s a perfect platform for our team’s title sponsor.
    Nobody cares. flip off.
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Liked: 739
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #127 on: June 10, 2015, 04:42 »
    Look at poor Richie Porte and the saga of him taking a wheel from Simon Clarke and getting a two-minute penalty. You have to wonder if the same thing would have happened if it had been two Italian riders. Keep it consistent, please.
    Thanks to the Secret Pro I just spit my coffee on my labtop  :o

He better call himself the Secret Racist next time.

Again: great read  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5601
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #128 on: June 10, 2015, 06:28 »
    Where to begin with the most useless cycling column ever written...:slow
    If a person has either lived under a rock for the past month, and/or hasn't followed cycling at all until just now, it's a quick way to get up to speed.

We know all these things already - but you can be sure that for the overwhelming majority of the general population does not.
    As a short, poor summary of the past few weeks' events, it has its place.

However, that's not what an 'insider's' column should be about.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2016 Stölting Content Editor; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

lancasterke

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 467
    • Awards: Thread of the year 2015
    « Reply #129 on: June 10, 2015, 08:22 »
    I don't really care, but there must be enough columns now and enough clues to categorically say who it is, or that no one meets those criteria.
  • ReplyReply

• Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 847
    « Reply #130 on: June 10, 2015, 18:42 »
    People have analyzed this in the past and determined that they are either aggregating columns from different riders to form the 'secret pro' persona or they are changing things to obfuscate the identity of the rider.

Also it's Mick Rodgers.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5601
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #131 on: June 10, 2015, 18:49 »
    I haven't looked at it in detail, but if what he says in only this one column is all taken to be true, it would be a rider born in 1979-1981 (rode vs. Wiggins as junior) who participated in the Giro, is going to ride the Tour, and whose team regularly does the Tour of California.

I don't think anybody fits that.
    So it's either a) made up from several riders' accounts or b) edited to obscure the identity - like Jamsque says.

And honestly - would we want to know which pro cyclist gives off that stuff? My respect for him would fall a lot. Better to be blissfully unaware. :D
  • ReplyReply

• Flaco

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #132 on: June 10, 2015, 20:14 »
    The secret pro is Greg Henderson
  • ReplyReply

• Flaco

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #133 on: June 10, 2015, 20:16 »
    Adam Hansen is part of them too, it's a wave of riders the write for cycling tips, not one person.
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1902
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #134 on: June 10, 2015, 23:51 »
    If a person has either lived under a rock for the past month, and/or hasn't followed cycling at all until just now, it's a quick way to get up to speed.

We know all these things already - but you can be sure that for the overwhelming majority of the general population does not.
    As a short, poor summary of the past few weeks' events, it has its place.
    No. No it does not. It has no place.

And here's why:
    I don't think there's a chance in hell that anyone who doesn't follow the weekly events in cycling would ever come across this fictional accounting of events in the first place. Why would they?

The only people reading the Secret Doosh, would already have to be reading CyclingTips and/or be hip to Shane's Twitter feed. No one else would ever be aware that that abomination of writing evens exists in the first place.

So how could those same people not already know the most basic gossip and innuendo being spread around?
    It's inconceivable to me.

And if—as Flaco and others have stated/implied—the column itself is actually an aggregation of various sources, then who ever edits it should resign. It's a joke. And a bad one.

I have enormous admiration for Shane Stoke's based on years of reading his excellent contributions. I would hope that he would see the futility of continuing this farce, and urge whoever-the-hell is behind it to cease and desist immediately.

How dumb do they think we are?
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Road Captain
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
    « Reply #135 on: June 11, 2015, 00:13 »
    I get the impression that the writer(s) just know that cycling is disappearing back into the abyss after some steps in the right direction. They know the UCI will be aware of it. Given the paucity of information from the peloton for the CIRC Report, I feel this is just a warning shot over the bows.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1730
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #136 on: June 11, 2015, 07:15 »
    I don't think anybody fits that.

My thought was Ryder, when I read this blog.
  • ReplyReply

• Race Radio

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 312
    « Reply #137 on: June 11, 2015, 09:24 »

The Secret Doosh reads like little more than some kid in his bedroom after perusing the pages of his Velonews subscription (they still make those things out of paper and send them in the mail, right?). I call BS on the whole thing. He behaves as if the reader has no clue as to what the most worn out stories of the month were.

It sure would be funny if The Secret Pro is actually one of the "Bone Idle w***ers" Wiggins rants about
  • ReplyReply
  • Pro Cycling is like sausage, I love it but I don't want to know how it is made.

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #138 on: June 11, 2015, 10:24 »
    FWIW really am sure Hansen is not part of it, he is quiet anti normal cycling and can't see him be fliped with this BS
    Pretty sure of 2  of the group

Hendo #lotto
    De Kort #giant
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3706
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Reigning Giro Prediction ChampVelorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #139 on: June 11, 2015, 11:48 »
    My thought was Ryder, when I read this blog.
    "Riders who were in your group a few months ago now pushing 40 watts more" doesn't seem to fit Ryder imo
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1730
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #140 on: June 11, 2015, 13:35 »
    "Riders who were in your group a few months ago now pushing 40 watts more" doesn't seem to fit Ryder imo

True, the part about talking to DS about going to California instead sort of means it would have to be a star or something, if that is true. I mean all respect to Koen de Kort but why would it matter sending him to an important race for the sponsors over Chad Haga or whoever?

Since we are in darkside there is another thing I noticed in the Giro, a certain part of the peloton had a hard time following pace early on in the Giro and sort of came from behind later on. Sort of made me think of Santa who was a few hours of glow time from coming in doped. I wonder if that is a thing.
  • ReplyReply

• Race Radio

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 312
    « Reply #141 on: June 11, 2015, 15:04 »
    De Kort #giant

Always thought that as well.....but he didn't ride the Giro. Wade has said that he intentionally changes some of the key facts to obscure his identity and he also has plenty of reasons to not like Astana
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8454
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #142 on: June 11, 2015, 15:21 »
    Always thought that as well.....but he didn't ride the Giro.

the race schedules have never fitted for one rider only, right from the start
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #143 on: June 11, 2015, 17:04 »
    The 'who is the secret racist' is just more interesting than what he writes, I agree. And, that, is pretty sad.

But it is Haussler  :-x
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Road Captain
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #144 on: June 11, 2015, 17:17 »
    and he also has plenty of reasons to not like Astana

That doesn't narrow it down very much.

• ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Road Captain
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #145 on: June 11, 2015, 17:18 »
    Maybe TSP is an amalgam of every rider in the peloton bar Astana?
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #146 on: June 11, 2015, 17:43 »
    The 'who is the secret racist' is just more interesting than what he writes, I agree. And, that, is pretty sad.

But it is Haussler  :-x

doubt that again

just not that way I think,not sure he cares tbh
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #147 on: June 11, 2015, 18:10 »
    doubt that again

just not that way I think,not sure he cares tbh
    Agreed, I also dont care who he is to be frank.

Could it be an agent...
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• Domestique
    • Liked: 593
    « Reply #148 on: June 11, 2015, 19:56 »
    I think the most recent blog was probably Brett Lancaster. Would fit with racing Wiggins as a Junior (on the track) and having ridden the Giro multiple times. Not sure how riding the Tour of California next year fits with the title sponsor bit though.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #149 on: June 11, 2015, 20:06 »
    I think the most recent blog was probably Brett Lancaster. Would fit with racing Wiggins as a Junior (on the track) and having ridden the Giro multiple times. Not sure how riding the Tour of California next year fits with the title sponsor bit though.
    No but Brett and Koen works
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.