collapse

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3872
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
Re: The Secret Pro Blog
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2015, 20:48 »
It sure would be funny if The Secret Pro is actually one of the "Bone Idle w***ers" Wiggins rants about
I think I've found him.

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11372
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #152 on: October 29, 2015, 09:50 »
    ok the new 1 is out am not even going to link it

Was polite etc and suggested to Cycling tips they look at the target audience etc

They have said many issues with liable etc which I understand , but they may not bother with it next year

https://twitter.com/cyclingtips/status/659666856920256513

https://twitter.com/cyclingtips/status/659667017310408704
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13502
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4563
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #154 on: October 30, 2015, 10:02 »
    Never read such a big load of crap, Scret pro is clearly some  huge ass w***er who thinks he is the king of the world

And what the heck is this
    WORST RACE OF THE YEAR

Easy. Any in France. No, I jest. Il Lombardia is up there along with the Giro, and especially this year’s edition.

Is that just because astana did well in them because those races were pretty cool. What a total dickhead idiot w***er.
    I can't stand this guy, why do I even bother to read his sh*t piles he calls blogs  :S

Edit: swear censor turns wanker into w***er :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4080
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #155 on: October 30, 2015, 13:37 »
    this one is the one you want Flo

:winker
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Liked: 789
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #156 on: October 30, 2015, 17:31 »
    Somehow I love the secret dik.

I just have to click on that link that brings me to 1500 - or so - words about - supposedly - cycling and I am always happy I can say with my knowledge of the sport: 'he is pretty bad at it'.

Giro, Lombardia worst races of the season, I lolled.

What is the correct spelling of hypocrite again?

• ReplyReply

• pastronef

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 665
    « Reply #157 on: October 30, 2015, 19:12 »
    this one is the one you want Flo

:winker

THIS is the post of the year, not the 2 other in the poll

:lol
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7717
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #158 on: October 30, 2015, 21:17 »
    THIS is the post of the year, not the 2 other in the poll
    We can include it as a (very) early nomination for next year's awards. :)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1639
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #159 on: October 31, 2015, 01:21 »
    Never read such a big load of crap, Scret pro is clearly some  huge ass w***er who thinks he is the king of the world

And what the heck is this
    WORST RACE OF THE YEAR

Easy. Any in France. No, I jest. Il Lombardia is up there along with the Giro, and especially this year’s edition.

Is that just because astana did well in them because those races were pretty cool. What a total dickhead idiot w***er.
    I can't stand this guy, why do I even bother to read his sh*t piles he calls blogs  :S

Edit: swear censor turns wanker into w***er :cool

Oh, lordy, Flo! You went on at such length that I had to go read the past 3 SP blog posts just to see what the brouhaha was about. He doesn't make any bones about implying that Astana is doping. And is considered by at least some others in the peloton as doping. Which, I think, has a lot to do with why he called it a crap race. Me? I, like you, thought it was a great race this year. But he's saying all the excitement was because he thinks somebody was doping.

Interesting. At least, this time, ppl like us and SP are talking about it.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #160 on: February 12, 2016, 03:28 »
    It's 2016

That can only mean one thing! :cool

https://twitter.com/IamtheSecretPro/status/697812291715137536

I'd say the perfect response would be for a Veloroom collective to pre-write the article in that inimitable style, with all the yawn-inducing content that can easily be ripped from the pages of CN.

Shall we?  :D

I'll gladly go first, but I need some sleep at the moment. But just to throw out a basic outline off the top of my head...

The TDU
    -It's always a good way to start the season, reunite with some old mates, test out the legs for the upcoming season.
    -Caleb Ewan is super fast! He's an up-and-coming rider to watch!

Mechanical doping:
    -There have been rumors about it for years, (but that's a "secret"  :shh)
    -Lifetime bans should be handed out to some but perhaps not to young Femke.
    -It's probably already occurred on some level within the men's pro ranks.
    -The UCI needs to do more.
    -Most pros aren't too worried about it currently.
    -There's talk that a certain rider may have used it in a certain race...but that really is a "secret."  :shh

Dubai and Qatar:
    -It's hot in the desert
    -No roadside fans

Disc brakes are coming:
    -Some riders like them, some don't.

The Spring Classics are coming:
    -Cancellara's last season. He may have another big win in his legs if he stays healthy.
    -Cavendish is riding with a new team. He may win some races as well, or he may not. He's getting older, not younger, but is still motivated and his new surroundings may or may not help him succeed.

Chris Froome has shown good form early season.
    Richie Porte has shown good form early season.
    It's too early to say who's early season good form is the best.

I don't want to giveaway too much of the upcoming column, because it's a secret!  :shh

Anyone else?   :P
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #161 on: February 12, 2016, 06:58 »
    It's 2016

https://twitter.com/IamtheSecretPro/status/697812291715137536

Anyone else?   :P

We are best buddies!  :cool He's going to talk about me in his column. His editors better not cut that out!

https://twitter.com/IamtheSecretPro/status/697816145726820352
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:14 by Tuart »
    2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6788
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #162 on: February 12, 2016, 09:56 »
    It's 2016

Gold.

Plus ...

Giant-Alpecin: the incident was sad. Dege trained so hard but now no Spring Classics. Drivers need to be more careful.

Paolini: everyone knew something was up. It's a harder life than people think, being a pro cyclist.

Cavendish: is he past his best? Some people think so, others don't. Rumour was he wanted to stay at #etixx. He's still fast.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #163 on: February 16, 2016, 03:01 »
    It's reached a new low. :fp

How can the overlords at CyclingTips possible think this is a worthwhile contribution to their website?

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/02/the-secret-pro-mechanical-doping-sketchy-finishes-and-katusha-dodges-another-bullet/

This installment is so incredibly weak overall that I can barely be bothered to deconstruct it. Bad writing with less insight than usual. It's really appalling. Calling out Kennaugh? Pretty funny coming from an anonymous blogger. Just like the reference upthread to "twitter trolls." Big-mouthed tough guy who won't use his real name. It's laughable.

So where were we?

TDU - √
    Caleb Ewan - √
    Mechanical doping - √
    Spring Classics are coming - √
    Giant-Alpecin crash - √

Honestly, who the hell does this guy think he is? You have to love his mocking of "the skinny dudes all comparing their watts per kilo against each other." This, coming from a pro cyclist? OK.

If the closing paragraphs were ever posted on a forum, they'd be rightly lambasted for their juvenile overview of the blatantly obvious.

Such tremendous insight!  :cool

So, what’s next? The Spring Classics are coming — racing in the wind and rain over narrow cobblestone roads and across fields of manure. The opening weekend — Omloop and Kuurne — is the first chance to show who’s going well, and who’s nearly ready. If someone has a good showing there, you know he’s ready for Classics. Then you go off and do your stage race, Paris-Nice or Tirreno, and then everyone knows who’s ready for the Flemish Classics.

For Belgian riders and teams it’s bigger than the Tour de France; it’s written up in the newspaper every single day. It’s madness. Races like Flanders and Roubaix are just 250km of madness.

After just a couple of hours of publishing that sorry excuse for a column, we have this:
    Comments for this thread are now closed.
      :-x
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:27 by Drummer Boy »

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4080
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #164 on: February 16, 2016, 03:30 »
    hmmm   ...  that is 5 minutes I will never get back
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7717
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #165 on: February 16, 2016, 08:44 »
    If the closing paragraphs were ever posted on a forum, they'd be rightly lambasted for their juvenile overview of the blatantly obvious.
    Professional athletes are often hardly known for their insight or eloquence.
    In fact, if they're able to string a couple of proper sentences together, that's sometimes cause for jubilation! ;)

So ... yeah.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6788
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #166 on: February 16, 2016, 10:43 »
    The language was notably, shall we say, looser than previous editions but underneath that, nothing more was said than usual, which was basically nothing. Heavily edited by the publishers or a work of fiction. Or both.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #167 on: February 16, 2016, 10:59 »
    The language was notably, shall we say, looser than previous editions but underneath that, nothing more was said than usual, which was basically nothing. Heavily edited by the publishers or a work of fiction. Or both.

They claim heavy edited, but I guess they would

Very predictable
  • ReplyReply

• stereojet

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 299
    • I'm still learning the ropes
    « Reply #168 on: February 16, 2016, 19:54 »
    I quite liked the Kennaugh bit.
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #169 on: February 16, 2016, 21:29 »
    I quite liked the Kennaugh bit.
    I just think it's pretty weak of him to call out other riders by name, while remaining anonymous himself.

The immaturity of this most recent offering is really embarrassing for CyclingTips. I've no idea what they think they're accomplishing with this. The author comes off as a total pr*ck, and I hope he gets exposed.

I still call BS on much of it, despite the feeble claims from Wade (is that his name?) or whoeverthehell runs that site. Having some supposed pro who is cocky and arrogant, delivering a poorly written, divisive blog that offers nothing of substance and no details that aren't' readily available elsewhere, is not only counterproductive, but insulting to anyone with even half a functioning brain.

It represents everything that I hate about the sport, and nothing that I like.
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1823
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015
    « Reply #170 on: February 16, 2016, 21:38 »
    Funnily enough I said much of that to Neal Rogers on twitter today.

Simply mudslinging and debate we've all read plenty about instead of pro cyclist insight. Rogers view was that a pro gives more weight.

Pretty amateur tbh.
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #171 on: February 16, 2016, 22:20 »
    Rogers view was that a pro gives more weight.
    To the mud?

He can't be serious. As a journalist himself, I would hope that he sees the futility of these imbecilic attempts.

I would challenge Neal to point to one, single thing in this last installment that offers any sort of a unique insight. If repeating what's already been written about and known, but simply reframing it under the guise of a "pro" is supposed to hold some sort of value, then they should all be ashamed of themselves.

If they're not, I'm ashamed for them.
  • ReplyReply

• stereojet

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 299
    • I'm still learning the ropes
    « Reply #172 on: February 17, 2016, 08:40 »
    I'd suggest that the Secret Pro is an amalgam of sources in the peloton and 'his' posts are simply compiled from gossip the journos hear on the road, some of it off the record, some of it not quite on the record, if you see what I mean, from some of their sources. I very much doubt it'd be one person. And yes it's puerile and reports stuff that most serious fans already know but I'd imagine that it's aimed at the casual readers of the site rather than the hardcore. The veiled suggestion at the end of the Kennaugh bit was the most interesting thing. Again, not exactly an exclusive bit of breaking news but it suggests that Sky's methods are causing even more resentment in the peloton to the extent that somebody might go public. (I'm probably reading too much into it, but hey ho, this is what I do before the real racing begins.)
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #173 on: March 30, 2016, 08:31 »
    https://twitter.com/IamtheSecretPro/status/714847374321930240

Not the worst 1 ever, not too bad I guess very pro anglo though, the #sky line was funny
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1785
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #174 on: March 30, 2016, 08:50 »
    The first section of this one was good imo. The rest you can probably skip if you followed cycling with half an eye since Omloop.
  • ReplyReply

• vitihv

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 9
    • Just another cycling fan
      • Personal Blog
    « Reply #175 on: March 30, 2016, 09:04 »
    This gets worst and worst every time... :-x
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4563
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #176 on: March 30, 2016, 09:14 »
    The stuff about Demare is just stupid, "Strava shows he was freewheeling at 50kph" no his max speed was 50kph, average 35 or so, Yates said his max speed was above 50 too.

So he finished Paris Nice apparently, which eliminates a few.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #177 on: March 30, 2016, 10:12 »
    So he finished Paris Nice apparently, which eliminates a few.

Should we just get this over with and play secret pro bingo?

Basically start with those that finished PN and go back to find statements and scratch names?

Paris Nice finishers:

THOMAS Geraint
    CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto
    PORTE Richie
    ZAKARIN Ilnur
    IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Ion
    HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis
    YATES Simon
    GALLOPIN Tony
    BARDET Romain
    COSTA Rui Alberto Faria
    JEANNESSON Arnold
    DUMOULIN Tom
    KELDERMAN Wilco
    WELLENS Tim
    WESTRA Lieuwe
    CRADDOCK Lawson
    SANCHEZ GIL Luis Leon
    ROLLAND Pierre
    IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Gorka
    DE LA CRUZ MELGAREJO David
    MAJKA Rafal
    MEINTJES Louis
    GESCHKE Simon
    CALMEJANE Lilian
    SERRY Pieter
    KANGERT Tanel
    CHEREL Mikael
    NIEVE ITURRALDE Mikel
    FERNANDEZ CRUZ Delio
    FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
    SPILAK Simon
    CHAVANEL Sylvain
    SLAGTER Tom-Jelte
    SWIFT Ben
    SØRENSEN Chris Anker
    ROSA Diego
    HERRADA LOPEZ Jose
    KRUIJSWIJK Steven
    GAUTIER Cyril
    DEVENYNS Dries
    HERRADA LOPEZ Jesus
    NAESEN Oliver
    POLJANSKI Pawel
    FELLINE Fabio
    BENNETT George
    WYSS Danilo
    PACHER Quentin
    PAUWELS Serge
    TROFIMOV Yury
    DUCHESNE Antoine
    IMPEY Daryl
    ROCHE Nicolas
    MATTHEWS Michael
    MATE MARDONES Luis Angel
    MOINARD Amaël
    KOCHETKOV Pavel
    VAN BAARLE Dylan
    KISERLOVSKI Robert
    HERMANS Ben
    STANNARD Ian
    LAGUTIN Sergey
    VACHON Florian
    PREIDLER Georg
    BURGHARDT Marcus
    REYNES MIMO Vicente
    DOMONT Axel
    VOECKLER Thomas
    DUQUE Leonardo Fabio
    ERVITI OLLO Imanol
    BOSWELL Ian
    LUTSENKO Alexey
    DE GENDT Thomas
    SCHÄR Michael
    TULIK Angelo
    VELITS Peter
    LATOUR Pierre
    TANKINK Bram
    GASTAUER Ben
    GEBREMARIAM GRMAY Tsgabu
    TERPSTRA Niki
    REZA Kévin
    DIDIER Laurent
    EIKING Odd Christian
    LUDVIGSSON Tobias
    GRUZDEV Dmitriy
    BONO Matteo
    LOUBET Julien
    VANENDERT Jelle
    BRESCHEL Matti
    DI GREGORIO Rémy
    RAST Gregory
    ROWE Luke
    QUEMENEUR Perrig
    KONOVALOVAS Ignatas
    BONIFAZIO Niccolo
    VANMARCKE Sep
    HOELGAARD Daniel
    DELAPLACE Anthony
    VALGREN ANDERSEN Michael
    CURVERS Roy
    TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets
    ALBASINI Michael
    COURTEILLE Arnaud
    PIBERNIK Luka
    COMBAUD Romain
    THEUNS Edward
    MARTENS Paul
    HUPOND Thierry
    SIMON Julien
    VAN EMDEN Jos
    DELAGE Mickaël
    CORT NIELSEN Magnus
    CAMPENAERTS Victor
    SISKEVICIUS Evaldas
    PICHOT Alexandre
    HANSEN Adam
    PETIT Adrien
    COSTA Mario Jorge Faria
    SABATINI Fabio
    BEPPU Fumiyuki
    BAK Lars Ytting
    TEN DAM Laurens
    TRONET Steven
    DIAZ Daniel Ricardo
    THOMSON Jay Robert
    FARRAR Tyler
    VAN GENECHTEN Jonas
    DOCKER Mitchell
    BRAMMEIER Matthew
    BEWLEY Sam
    BRÄNDLE Matthias
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #178 on: March 30, 2016, 10:36 »
    scratch all non english speakers or those without a strong connection to Australia
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #179 on: March 30, 2016, 10:37 »
    In his last installment he said[1]

I had a great time at the Tour Down Under again this year.

Of the riders listed above 33 started the Tour Down Under

THOMAS Geraint
    PORTE Richie
    HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis
    WESTRA Lieuwe
    SANCHEZ GIL Luis Leon
    DE LA CRUZ MELGAREJO David
    MEINTJES Louis
    GESCHKE Simon
    SERRY Pieter
    FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
    SWIFT Ben
    GAUTIER Cyril
    HERRADA LOPEZ Jesus
    BENNETT George
    WYSS Danilo
    IMPEY Daryl
    STANNARD Ian
    LAGUTIN Sergey
    PREIDLER Georg
    BURGHARDT Marcus
    DE GENDT Thomas
    VELITS Peter
    TANKINK Bram
    GEBREMARIAM GRMAY Tsgabu
    LUDVIGSSON Tobias
    GRUZDEV Dmitriy
    ROWE Luke
    VALGREN ANDERSEN Michael
    ALBASINI Michael
    PIBERNIK Luka
    HANSEN Adam
    BAK Lars Ytting
    FARRAR Tyler

1. http://cyclingtips.com/2016/02/the-secret-pro-mechanical-doping-sketchy-finishes-and-katusha-dodges-another-bullet/
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.