collapse

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 1730
  • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
Re: The Secret Pro Blog
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2016, 10:37 »
In his last installment he said[1]

I had a great time at the Tour Down Under again this year.

Of the riders listed above 33 started the Tour Down Under

THOMAS Geraint
PORTE Richie
HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis
WESTRA Lieuwe
SANCHEZ GIL Luis Leon
DE LA CRUZ MELGAREJO David
MEINTJES Louis
GESCHKE Simon
SERRY Pieter
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
SWIFT Ben
GAUTIER Cyril
HERRADA LOPEZ Jesus
BENNETT George
WYSS Danilo
IMPEY Daryl
STANNARD Ian
LAGUTIN Sergey
PREIDLER Georg
BURGHARDT Marcus
DE GENDT Thomas
VELITS Peter
TANKINK Bram
GEBREMARIAM GRMAY Tsgabu
LUDVIGSSON Tobias
GRUZDEV Dmitriy
ROWE Luke
VALGREN ANDERSEN Michael
ALBASINI Michael
PIBERNIK Luka
HANSEN Adam
BAK Lars Ytting
FARRAR Tyler

1. http://cyclingtips.com/2016/02/the-secret-pro-mechanical-doping-sketchy-finishes-and-katusha-dodges-another-bullet/
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #181 on: March 30, 2016, 10:53 »
    Last years Giro[1]

I can’t think of any race in my career where I’ve come away from it and sworn never to go back. But I did just that after this year’s Giro.

Comparing the 33 from above with riders that started stage 1 of the Giro last year yields a list of 13 riders.

Richie Porte, LL Sanchez, David De La Cruz, Simon Geschke, Ruben Fernandez, Jesus Herrada, Sergey Lagutin, Marcus Burghardt, Tsgabu Grmay, Tobias Ludvigson, Adam Hansen and Lars Bak 
     1. http://cyclingtips.com/2015/06/the-secret-pro-on-the-giro-there-were-days-when-youd-just-despair/
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #182 on: March 30, 2016, 10:58 »
    Looking like Hansen thus far I think.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1296
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    « Reply #183 on: March 30, 2016, 11:04 »
    In the past I have clicked the link, read, sometimes (not very often tbh) laughed, rolled eyes and moved on...   This one, well let's just say whatever low motivation I had for reading it has well and truly evaporated.  I don't care what the SP thinks and care even less to read it. I can get more or less the same on any given day on twitter. Plus it's infinitely funnier more engaging to do so over here. Why Cycling Tips persist to pedal this tripe is beyond me.

That said, the need to find out who the idiot is still persists  :o

• ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #184 on: March 30, 2016, 11:15 »
    2013 Beijing[1]

At the Tour of Beijing there were rumours going around the peloton — and let me stress that these were rumours — that clenbuterol was off the testing list for that race. (ed: the UCI maintains that they were testing though) We didn’t see an official UCI communique on this, but people seemed pretty confident in this unofficial decision. The organisers apparently went through a lot of effort to get uncontaminated food, but the rumour was that even the testers were coming back positive for clenbuterol when they tested themselves. All food was provided by the race organisers (buffet style) at the hotel, but food contamination was on everyone’s mind. Lots of riders just stuck to the fried rice the whole time as it seemed to be the safest thing, but even that had pork, egg and who knows what else in it. On the last evening in Beijing many of the riders wanted to get out for a night on the town and Mick was one of them.

Crossing the thirteen above with the 2013 ToB stage one nets five riders lieft - Richie Porte, Jesus Herrada, Marcus Burghardt, Tobias Ludvigson and Adam Hansen.
     1. http://cyclingtips.com/2014/04/the-secret-pro-4/
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10740
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #185 on: March 30, 2016, 11:15 »
    we have decided Idiots though it is a group

Hansen has been named before as being part of the group, the test sounded very much like Rogers fwiw

and of course they will change races to try and keep us guessing

Hansen, Rogers and de Kort ??
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5799
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #186 on: March 30, 2016, 11:28 »

Hansen has been named before as being part of the group, the test sounded very much like Rogers fwiw

De Kort is definitely part of the 'source group'. Hansen and Rogers are very likely to be part of it, too.

Ultimately though, I don't really care (anymore).
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #187 on: March 30, 2016, 11:36 »

Personally I don't think it is a group, and here is why, for it to be a group you would either have to have suggested the idea to all at the start, which I see unlikely, the first blog is probably just one rider as mentioned, else it why not make it clear that it is not "a secret pro" if you then have a secret pro how do you invite others, surely you can not just ask "Hi mate I write a secret blog, care to join me" at that point you might be outed to the rest of the peloton. I reckon Nibali and Astana are not fans of said blog if this thing blew up.

I don't see Rogers, I mean Sky let him go for some reason... and some reason most people probably have an idea what is... To have him bring secret inside, I don't see it.

I think it is one person, and Hansen would be my guess, probably adding in a few words heard in the peloton here and there about races he did not do.

On to a lighter note: Adam Hansen did it again, adding yet another Grand Tour to his ever-growing tally of back-to-back attempts. He’s a guy that clearly loves racing his bike, and he’s an absolute nut-job for attempting such a feat.

Who’d want to do ride 11 Grand Tours in a row?! Massive respect to him though. He’s smart enough to not have to turn a pedal too — the guy could earn a lot more money than he is as a rider but clearly he races because he wants to. Pure class. I wonder when he’ll say enough is enough?

Stuff like that really makes me wonder...
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9009
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #188 on: March 30, 2016, 11:45 »
    I think it is one person, and Hansen would be my guess, probably adding in a few words heard in the peloton here and there about races he did not do.

the races mentioned in there don't fit for one single rider though, we've had a look at it in the beginning already. So either half of it is made up and hearsay, it's completely fake, or it's a group of riders.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #189 on: March 30, 2016, 11:47 »
    Looking like Hansen thus far I think.

enjoying the detective work. It would make my day however if it turned out to be Lars Bak. Can you imagine ... the quiet Dane with a secret ;p
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #190 on: March 30, 2016, 11:55 »
    the races mentioned in there don't fit for one single rider though, we've had a look at it in the beginning already. So either half of it is made up and hearsay, it's completely fake, or it's a group of riders.

My thought is that a lot of the mentions are just made up, like he will mention that he did some race and then not talk a whole lot about it. I think it is in the details, the 2015 Giro I am sure whoever wrote it actually rode from what was said. However some of the other references you kind of think well I could have given you a more detailed summary of that and I barely even watched the race. P-N this year certainly one they could have made up, I mean I re-watched De Gendt's win and missed the rest of the race, yet I knew everything he said already. Not saying he wasn't there, but that one could've been a lie.

• ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #191 on: March 30, 2016, 11:59 »
    enjoying the detective work. It would make my day however if it turned out to be Lars Bak. Can you imagine ... the quiet Dane with a secret ;p

No way it is Bak, however if it was, I bet you would scour back trough those articles again. Also Bak is not that quiet is he, to me he has always seemed pretty witty in interviews. Cort/Hansen seems more quiet if I had to pick a quiet Dane.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #192 on: March 30, 2016, 13:35 »
    No way it is Bak, however if it was, I bet you would scour back trough those articles again. Also Bak is not that quiet is he, to me he has always seemed pretty witty in interviews. Cort/Hansen seems more quiet if I had to pick a quiet Dane.

I was only joking ;p... and no I wouldn't... he just seemed the most unlikely on one of your lists... I'll take your word about his humour, though I meant quiet in the sense he doesn't need to get on social media ... refreshing in this day and age
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #193 on: March 30, 2016, 13:57 »
    I was only joking

Me too, sorry for the lack of emoji, here is one as a compensation though :cool
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Liked: 740
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #194 on: March 30, 2016, 16:57 »
    I must say I like the rider Hansen more than the columnist.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3813
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #195 on: March 30, 2016, 17:00 »
    P-N this year... De Gendt's win
    :?
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #196 on: March 30, 2016, 20:33 »
    :?

Okay that may have been Cataluna, I stand corrected. Also I now remember I watched the prologue of P-N (I really hope that was the prologue I watched at least)

But my point still stands I knew every thing he said, despite watching very little WT stage racing thus far.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1902
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #198 on: August 05, 2016, 02:41 »
    I've only just discovered the fact that there's now a Women's Secret Pro. Two installments thus far. :fp

Not only is it another waste of pixels, but they really, really enjoy overusing the exclamation mark!
    Even when nothing exciting is being said!
    It's incredibly annoying and sophomoric!
    As are all the effusive comments that follow both installments!  :cool

FFS, those readers are morons. The column has the same snarky tone of its male counterpart, while employing the equally lame method of calling out specific riders from a safe, anonymous distance. It's both pathetic and uninformative.

A reasoned and insightful look behind-the-scences of women's cycling might be worth reading. The teenaged rantings of someone better suited to tweeting about the last pool party they attended, I could do without.

Excellent work, Wade!  :secretlol
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9009
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #200 on: October 04, 2016, 08:53 »
    well, the "you wouldn’t want to turn up to team camp [of the Bahrain team] in poor condition, would you?", referring to the Prince torturing people, made me chuckle a bit to be honest  :D
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2459
    « Reply #201 on: October 04, 2016, 10:06 »
    OMG OMG OMG! He said TUEsday! Because it's about TUEs! And today is Tuesday! Get it? TUEsday! That's hilarious! And he even repeated it at the end, because it's so funny!

FFS.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Slag om Norg by DJW
    [June 28, 2017, 22:36]

Re: Slag om Norg by Echoes
    [June 28, 2017, 21:41]

Re: Men's Kits 2017 by t-72
    [June 28, 2017, 21:15]