collapse

S-Works

• Sunday Rider
  • Liked: 8
Re: The Secret Pro Blog
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2013, 19:15 »
Also the blog is too polite to be written by an Australian..Unless the ghost writer took out all the swear words.    :cheesy

Yes, it is all edited... says so clearly in one of the entries.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2013, 02:37 »
    wow - interesting.

can we speculate on the GT winner who is going to be taken down by the Bio Passport?
    BS is ahead of the pack by at least ten minutes.
  • ReplyReply

• lancasterke

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 467
    • Awards: Thread of the year 2015
    « Reply #62 on: May 15, 2013, 10:10 »
    saddleblaze had a piece about this where he said that jj cobo was the gc guy getting popped because you just have to look at his gc results for one of the to stick out.

i just looked at ryder hesjedal. much worse, also, wiggins doesn't exactly have normal progression. i think this is a very bad way to work out who's doping.
    not many guys are always at a similar competitive level (cadel, contador, gesink, sastre, rodriguez...from recent years)
    basically it's self evident that the best result of someones life is likely to stick out from the other events in their life.

still think cobo is a doper but listing gc gt positions isn't the way to go about this sort of thing.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1737
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #63 on: May 15, 2013, 12:36 »
    saddleblaze had a piece about this where he said that jj cobo was the gc guy getting popped because you just have to look at his gc results for one of the to stick out.

i just looked at ryder hesjedal. much worse, also, wiggins doesn't exactly have normal progression. i think this is a very bad way to work out who's doping.
    not many guys are always at a similar competitive level (cadel, contador, gesink, sastre, rodriguez...from recent years)
    basically it's self evident that the best result of someones life is likely to stick out from the other events in their life.

still think cobo is a doper but listing gc gt positions isn't the way to go about this sort of thing.

I would agree, and I think that since the rider and team will already know it is likely to be somebody that is not racing, best bid is Basso or Menchov. I actually have some belief that Basso stopped doping, I think he has regressed to what he was like in his early career. Menchov could be the reason for the UCI decisions on his team as well, if they knew he would get suspended I can see why they would want to relegate his team.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #64 on: June 07, 2013, 09:22 »
    http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/06/the-secret-pro-3/

Some interesting things actually mixed in with all the rest.

Nice to see he likes Nibs and he doesn't seem to have any suspicion of him and dispels any talk about Nibali testing positive.
    And he also asks the obvious questions about Menchov, but it doesn't take no pro to figure that one out.
    Also he defends Sky a bit and doesn't accuse them of doping, which is  unusual for him.

Seems to think he is riding the Dauphine, which KDK is not riding but then again I don't know what to say about his identity. After Cyclingtips denied it was KDK last time I think they are either leaving a false trail or its a combo.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6166
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #65 on: June 07, 2013, 09:37 »
    I'm beginning to think that it was only KDK at first, and now he's contacted a few other pros and combines their comments and experiences.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9453
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #66 on: June 07, 2013, 10:13 »
    yeah, propably, in the new blog, speaking about Cavendish that way, it actually doesn't sound like he was a teammate of Kittel (or Greipel)
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #67 on: June 07, 2013, 10:43 »
    My vote is for Matty Hayman being TheSecretPro
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #68 on: June 07, 2013, 20:47 »
    Hmmm, ok, I was told by someone that it was Koen.. Im now thinking the person who told me is in fact the secret pro but they arent riding the dauphine..

but i dont think the SP is riding the dauphine either.. i think far too many red herrings are being put in his articles now

• ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #69 on: June 07, 2013, 21:26 »
    http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/06/the-secret-pro-3/

Some interesting things actually mixed in with all the rest.

Nice to see he likes Nibs and he doesn't seem to have any suspicion of him and dispels any talk about Nibali testing positive.

You don't seem to quite understand what being fingered working with ferrari means.

Also he defends Sky a bit and doesn't accuse them of doping, which is  unusual for him.

Has he accused them before :wut
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2467
    « Reply #70 on: June 07, 2013, 22:18 »
    You don't seem to quite understand what being fingered working with ferrari means.

Do I want to know what it means? It sounds really dirty, way dirtier then I expected doping to be..
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Road Captain
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #71 on: June 07, 2013, 22:34 »
    Do I want to know what it means? It sounds really dirty, way dirtier then I expected doping to be..

Its binary. Either there is doping or there isnt.

Mr secret pro says he trusts Nibali, Froome19 says this is good news.

Im not trying to paint Nibali as dirtier than anyone else. Maybe he is the cleanest of the dopers. This isnt even about Nibali, really, its about pointing out a flaw in mr sp's comment. the evidence overwhelmingly points to the fact that mr secret pro is wrong on this issue. Thereby casting doubt on other contributions he makes.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #72 on: June 07, 2013, 22:39 »

Im not trying to paint Nibali as dirtier than anyone else. Maybe he is the cleanest of the dopers. This isnt even about Nibali, really, its about pointing out a flaw in mr sp's comment. the evidence overwhelmingly points to the fact that mr secret pro is wrong on this issue. Thereby casting doubt on other contributions he makes.

Maybe the secret pro rides with Astana?
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2467
    « Reply #73 on: June 07, 2013, 22:39 »

I was referring more to your wording: being fingered working with Ferrari.

Bad attempt at a joke, just ignore me.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6166
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #74 on: June 07, 2013, 22:48 »
    Hmmm, ok, I was told by someone that it was Koen.. Im now thinking the person who told me is in fact the secret pro but they arent riding the dauphine..
    Don't leave us hanging like that. Who told you it was Koen? :evil:
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10824
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

August

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 215
    • Awards: 2013 Bingo Champion
    « Reply #76 on: July 25, 2013, 15:09 »
    I found this interesting.

his performances certainly haven’t come from nowhere.

They haven't? Then what did he do results-wise or performance-wise before the 2011 Vuelta that would hint at him winning the Tour in the future?   :S
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #77 on: July 25, 2013, 15:16 »
    SP: I don’t defend dopers, but I think you need to think about the times these guys were riding in before passing judgement. Is there any difference between [O'Grady] and Santambrogio? In a word, yes. Doing stuff like that nowadays is just not acceptable.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it was acceptable then either.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

The Hitch

• Road Captain
    « Reply #78 on: July 25, 2013, 15:21 »
    I found this interesting.

They haven't? Then what did he do results-wise or performance-wise before the 2011 Vuelta that would hint at him winning the Tour in the future?   :S

New rule, if you can podium your first race as a superstar rather than win it, that is normal progression. 100th -100th -100th -100th - 2nd -1st, =steady progression.  100th -100th -100th -100th - 1st,= performance from nowhere.
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #79 on: July 25, 2013, 15:56 »
    It feels like the Secret Pro has some double standards. Santambrogio, came from mid level peloton, was obvious, peloton suspected it. Froome came from below mid level in the peloton, level grupetto, isnt obvious AND seems to be a nice guy. Welp, we've never seen nice guys dope before, seemingly being nice gives you a pass.

Tsk tsk, O'Grady gets a pass cause it was '98, but others who now use drugs and cheat are assholes. Pfff, double standards.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #80 on: September 06, 2013, 08:33 »
    Probably the best one so far imo

worth a read - some great little bits

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/09/the-secret-pro-the-late-season-lull/
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #81 on: September 06, 2013, 09:32 »
    Very interesting episode.

Adding a lot of fuel to the Riis/Contador/Tinkov fire.

Something went very wrong for Saxo on the Aple D'Huez stage - the attack on the descent, the bike change in the valley sacrificing a hard fought lead, arguments with UCI officials at the bike weigh-in and now arguments with Riis over supper.

There was no significant attacks by Saxo after that stage - was this when Contador gave up?
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #82 on: September 06, 2013, 10:03 »
    It is strange how the Secret Pro seems to always trash a few dopers, and then love others. How Santa is any more guilty of doping than Klöden I can't wrap my head around. If Santa's B clears then IMO he is less likely to have doped during his carreer than Klöden who paid off a suit without accepting guilt. Both are well above the 99% certainty level IMO though.
  • ReplyReply

• Gotland

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 397
    • Awards: New Member of the Year 2013
    « Reply #83 on: September 30, 2013, 13:45 »
    Did it become clear who the unnamed rider with alleged  blood passport problem was, or is that a red herring from the  Secret Pro?  Whereas the JTL blood passport problem is possibly  a 'Good bye and thanks for the fish' from Fat?
  • ReplyReply
  • "Emma is Queen of consistency" Peloton Watch

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #84 on: September 30, 2013, 14:09 »
    Did it become clear who the unnamed rider with alleged  blood passport problem was, or is that a red herring from the  Secret Pro?  Whereas the JTL blood passport problem is possibly  a 'Good bye and thanks for the fish' from Fat?

Whoever it was must have had a good explanation, or be currently cooperating with some ADA already. My guess would be Menchov just based off the fact that he is one of the well known riders of the EPO era that kept his preformance up post 2008 and then dropped off later, if he stopped sometime after 2008 it would be very likely that he would get in trouble.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Gotland

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 397
    • Awards: New Member of the Year 2013
    « Reply #86 on: April 01, 2014, 21:14 »
    The story about the rider that went out for a pee on the rest day is very similar to David Millars' story in 2010 edition of the tour.  It starts @ 23:35' https://audioboo.fm/boos/1826068-david-millar-special#t=23m7s
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #87 on: April 01, 2014, 21:53 »
    The story about the rider that went out for a pee on the rest day is very similar to David Millars' story in 2010 edition of the tour.  It starts @ 23:35' https://audioboo.fm/boos/1826068-david-millar-special#t=23m7s

Made me wonder, Andy? Cance to be secret pro?
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9453
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 23:03 »

not exactly an "easy" stage though

• ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #89 on: April 01, 2014, 23:13 »
    Not convinced,

I've spoken to a few riders, many people were tucking into meat whilst in china.

The awareness that this issue has raised in the media, moreso in hindsight, it just didn't reach the same fever pitch in the pro peloton.

It has now though.

This is what Jono said on the meat eating issue.

Secret pro has slightly different, though not irreconcilable view:

Nobody who was at the Tour of Beijing would have wanted to win the Japan Cup. Everyone was worried about testing positive for clenbuterol and any win would obviously be tested. If it is true about clenbuterol not being tested in China, it seems that the Japanese anti-doping authorities didn’t get the message.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.