Total Members Voted: 2

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 489
  • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
Re: Cricket- 4-0? Forgotten already
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2012, 13:52 »
It's more a reflection on how the money of Twenty20 is talking and how its affect all facets of the game. I guess we always knew something was going to give (and the dam hasn't burst yet) and using the same analogy, when a crack appears in the dam wall (ODIs) you know where it'll burst from.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 485
    « Reply #181 on: February 16, 2012, 11:08 »
     :) this here is amazing extract from pietersen press conference agenda
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 984
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #182 on: February 16, 2012, 15:42 »
    Pietersen speaks with young cricketer. :)
    That would have been delayed by an hour. I remember that Hyderabad IPL team was supposed to come to a part of Mumbai where I lived. They were supposed to arrive at 2:30 pm and stay there for an hour and so they did, at 5pm. Left after 20 minutes. >:(

News that will matter to most posters here- Ronchi has quit WA and is looking to qualify for NZ. He will be eligible to play for NZ in Jan 2013.
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 572
    « Reply #183 on: February 17, 2012, 00:36 »
    Ronchi is packing his bags and moving to NZ to get a few international caps...

• ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #184 on: February 17, 2012, 02:25 »
    Haha. Hasn't he played for Aus in nationals though? Would have thought cricket would've caught up with the nation switching that happened in the ol' days.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #185 on: February 17, 2012, 06:43 »
    Where are you Craig? NZ are ace. They've crushed all opposition that has faced them in the past couple of months.

Kyle Jarvis signs for Central Districts for the remaining part of the season and took 3/40 odd on debut.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11171
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Andrew Symonds retires for all form of cricket

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Arb

• Road Captain
    Haha. Hasn't he played for Aus in nationals though? Would have thought cricket would've caught up with the nation switching that happened in the ol' days.

4 years is the cool off period apparently, for a player who has played for a full member nation.

All the best to him I say, as long as that Johnson hack doesn't play another game for WA.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    Nah, most state grade cricket is at sh*t level and teams need a change pace bowler every now and again :P
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    Andrew Symonds retires for all form of cricket
    Of all the things that he did, it was the shoulder barge to the streaker that will stick in my memory most closely.

Kaneria the go between in the Westfield case.
    I'd have never believed that.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-16979759
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/554036.html

Mark Milliken-Smith QC, defending Westfield, said that Essex players had repeatedly "turned a blind eye" to conversations instigated by Kaneria about spot-fixing and that they had seemingly not taken them seriously. Only after instructions in 2010 from the players' union, the Professional Cricketers' Association, to report any suspicions did attitiudes change.

It was revealed that Kaneria had spoken openly about fixing in the Essex dressing room but Mark Pettini, the former captain, said in a statement that he had not taken the claims seriously. Essex's coach Paul Grayson also admitted he had heard Kaneria's talk of fixing, as had captain James Foster and bowler David Masters, but before seamer Tony Palladino, who now plays for Derbyshire, reported Westfield no players had taken action. Former Essex batsman Varun Chopra, who now plays for Warwickshire, was named as another player who had been approached.

Ban them all. All those in the second para aren't exactly fledgling county cricketers.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    Enjoy the card WA fans

• ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    Great stuff! Think Voges should be re-considered for the test team imo...even before this game, has had a great first class season.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    Pakistan struggling in the one day game again

5 for 3 off there last 5 overs
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    Great stuff! Think Voges should be re-considered for the test team imo...even before this game, has had a great first class season.

He's been only an average Shield batsman his entire career though, almost like he's just not good enough for the next level. On the other hand, he's the only middle order player making decent runs at the moment so he could be considered that way.

Heading for WA's best total in a long long time. Can you remember the last time they made over 500?

• ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    Isn't it better to have someone younger and likelier to improve like Forrest. Tommy Cooper and Quiney have also been having decent seasons. Considering all these names, I'd rather have Ponting and Hussey (he only had two bad series) in the team. Ponting needn't be in the OD team anymore, he's not playing the WC in 2015 (it is the only OD tournament that really matters), might as well retire now.

Pakistan have recovered pretty decently to 222.

This one really baffled me, Zimbabwe's Kyle Jarvis signed for Central districts and took 5/58 in the first dig off 25 overs. In the second innings he got 2/9 from five overs and Northern Districts happily recovered to 2/114 after losing two early wickets.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    Well we've tried a lot of youth already (Hughes, Khawaja). Voges has form, a decent first class average compared to others in the mix and an exceptional season. Least be considered as an emergency 12th man or even "15th" man on tour.

I really think we need to shy away from trying to use limited overs matches (both forms) as a selection criteria for the test team. It was almost a necessity this summer because of the BLL being the only thing on but I'd rather see someone get there ala Cowan than Warner.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    If age is no factor- David Hussey, by far the best domestic batsman to not play a test. His form in Shield and international cricket is a pointer to his ability. Much more successful than any current Shield player in England and in the Shield as well.

Forrest was picked in the ODI team on his shield form and not his D-OD form. Cooper hasn't been shabby but needs a lot more runs to get into the team. As much as Hughes and Khawaja failed in tests, they too were picked on Shield form.

I'm sorry English fans, three more years of KP for you. :) Good innings it was. Finn's looking top now.

Stat- This is the first time since 2009 that England have won 3 straight ODIs away from home in matches not involving Bangles, Eire or the Zimbots (2 matches in WI and two in the CT). Prior to that they won 4 straight matches in Australia (06/07), one against NZ and 3 against Australia.

I'm sorry Indian fans, that would be me, we're so bollockless that we can't tell Tendulkar to retire from ODIs. Like Ponting, he'd put his hand up for selection even as a corpse.

Ponting 2,1,6,2. Top series.

Where is thee Craig? Munroe scored a hundred and thirty. ???
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    Davis gets his triple century! Amazing stuff

Runs, Balls, Fours, Sixes, Strike Rate
    LM Davis   not out   303   524   41   6   57.82
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    Having a beer - celebrating Haddin getting a pair.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    WA have Murali in their squad.  Serious rectal prolapse for NSW.

Richard Levi, stunning innings to crush the all conquering Black caps, postage stamp of a ground notwithstanding.

Kohli- fark off, you were out thundermuppet.

• ReplyReply

• Spider1964

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 1
    WA have Murali in their squad.  Serious rectal prolapse for NSW.

Richard Levi, stunning innings to crush the all conquering Black caps, postage stamp of a ground notwithstanding.

Kohli- fark off, you were out thundermuppet.

Hey Ramjam, remember I told you about this bloke when I was over in SA? Just goes for it from the 1st ball... T20, ODI... doesn't matter... bludgeons the ball.  http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/richard-levi-smashes-117-off-51-in-hamilton/story-fn67w6pa-1226275471459

Talking about bludgeoning the ball... Was that helicopter shot Dan Christian played off Vinay Kumar the hardest hit ball you've seen in a long while? Smoked it.  Kumar red lighted it, but if he had tried to catch it he would have lost digits.
  • ReplyReply
  • “The wise speak only of what they know.”

“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend”

Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    Aye, I remember, very good call that.

I saw the highlights of the Christian Hussey partnership, basically a replay. Great hitting.
    It's almost a relief that India are back to their charitable best, I almost thought they were going start winning matches regularly, even if they are just meaningless ODIs.
  • ReplyReply

• Spider1964

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 1
    Ponting dropped from ODI squad. Tough but fair call.

Wonder if India's selectors will get the memo?
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    India's selectors couldn't take a hint if it smacked them in the face. Tendulkar should have retired post the World cup victory, what many consider the zenith of his career. Hastily adding that I don't, his innings against Pakistan in a narrow defeat in Chennai was my most memorable moment of his career.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    Sad to see Ponting dropped from the ODI side, but hope that he will continue to perform in the Test arena for a while yet - a fitting swansong would be the next Ashes series (he can score lots of runs, but Australia still lose = ideal scenario!)

England making heavy weather of their run chase - Pakistan spinners strangling England but Pietersen looking ominous.  Currently 81-4 in the 20th over chasing 238 to win.  Inauspicious start to his ODI career for Buttler however, 2nd ball duck.  However, as a Hampshire supporter, was delighted to see Danny Briggs go well and pick up a couple of wickets on debut.
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    Special innings from KP.  Kieswetter played well also to help rescue England from 68-4. 

So England win overall 4-3 (including the test series?)  ;D :P
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    Who was that Saffie plodder who played the tests? Don't remember seeing him in the last two matches. I only saw a gun English player.
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    One Day final went alright. Good finish and happy with that result.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    Wowzers, good final I missed. I don't know what's more shocking- a tied final or the fact that the Bell Ends actually won something.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    Who was that Saffie plodder who played the tests? Don't remember seeing him in the last two matches. I only saw a gun English player.

assuming you are talking about KP then love the way that so soon after a disastrous test series, 2 hundreds in ODI's and everything is cured. till next month when Sri Lanka take him apart. Have a feeling it is going to be a long summer
  • ReplyReply

•