collapse

Damiano Machiavelli

• Domestic Rider
  • Liked: 18
Monthly Kilométrage
« on: February 01, 2012, 02:46 »
Monthly totals.

Normally I cannot ride much in January.  There is white stuff on the ground.  Aside from that it's usually freakin' cold.  But it has been a warmer winter with very little precipitation.  Today I snuck in a 99 km ride to get my total to 763.

On to February.
  • ReplyReply
  • Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the Earth quakes and the poison arrows fall from the sky and the pillars of heaven shake. Yeah.  Jack just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Gimmie your best shot, pal, I can take it."

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    Re: Monthly Kilométrage
    « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:23 »
    Monthly totals.

Normally I cannot ride much in January.  There is white stuff on the ground.  Aside from that it's usually freakin' cold.  But it has been a warmer winter with very little precipitation.  Today I snuck in a 99 km ride to get my total to 763.

On to February.

Hah, 763 in a bad month. mine is pitiful. i managed 472 in Jan which makes it the highest mileage month i have done since i got back in cycling.
    After knee problems and a miserable few months with gout at the end of last year just happy to out and riding again.
  • ReplyReply

• steelciocc

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:49 »
    I managed a little over 800km in January but it was too much - my left knee is killing me from overuse (a chronic, 20+ year problem).  Good thing February is a short month ;D
  • ReplyReply

• bicing

• I'm a bot.
    • Domestique
    • Liked: 148
    • Radioshack Nissan Trek owner
    • Awards: Funniest member 2012Best post 2012Best thread 2012
    « Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:26 »
    Does it count if it's on a stationary bike?
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycman: Sagan Greipel Brajkovic Breschel CA.Sorensen Porte Wegmann Sutton Zubeldia Fedrigo Lastras Roux Selig Morabito Dumoulin T.Meyer
    CQ game-breakers: Boom Ciolek DeGendt Steegmans Bertagnolli Blythe Masciarelli Stetina Boeckmans Vaugrenard

Damiano Machiavelli

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 08:11 »
    Does it count if it's on a stationary bike?

If you cannot suit up and brave the elements then it does not count.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:12 by Damiano Machiavelli »

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 904
    « Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 09:13 »
    262km/10 hours it is so f.... cold here that most of it on rollers, but I can add more than 24h/217km of running.
    February is here, and is more even let say freezing -10/-17C next week, so hello rollers, here I am comming. Those rollers hours and km counts twice as much than road ones ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:55 by newborn »
    Reverend Fred Saves!!

bicing

• I'm a bot.
    • Domestique
    • Liked: 148
    • Radioshack Nissan Trek owner
    • Awards: Funniest member 2012Best post 2012Best thread 2012
    « Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 14:26 »
    If you cannot suit up and brave the elements then it does not count.
    Good thing my stationary bike is outside.
  • ReplyReply

• craig1985

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 22:21 »
    Monthly totals.

On to February.

If you are going to 99km, couldn't you just round it off to 100km?
  • ReplyReply

• Damiano Machiavelli

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 23:13 »
    If you are going to 99km, couldn't you just round it off to 100km?

It ended up at 99.89.  I guess I should have done a few loops in the driveway.
  • ReplyReply

• usedtobefast

• Domestique
    • Liked: 81
    « Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 03:26 »
    got in 1000km on the bike and not quite 95km running.
  • ReplyReply

• Quixote

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 18:02 »
      Today I snuck in a 99 km ride to get my total to 763.
    Pretty impressive there. Our January was cold but hardly any precipitation so I got 661km. We really need the rain, so I'd happily contribute a week or two with the fender attached to get our totals up.
    My goal for this year is not to go overboard with totals (hard to do, really). But, I do agree with you that spinning miles are not the same as clipping in and braving spitting rain coming down in 40mph gusts (like a km century I did last year).
  • ReplyReply

• lucky

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 13
    • @LVCKV
      • in the drops
    « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 03:47 »
    Didn't really have a bike for most of January   >:(

Between about ten rides on a borrowed bike and two short rides on the new Colnago I did 791.6km
  • ReplyReply
  • Zabel - "Look at this ****! Why didn't I become a surfer?"

in the drops

42x16ss

• Domestique
    • Liked: 380
    • Awards: Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014
    « Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 23:54 »
    Summer is just wrapping up here and now that the rain has been easing off it's been base km's for the New Year for me. I've been averaging 350-400 kms a week on the road this month with a trainer session thrown in.

Opens start in just over a week so hopefully I'll hit the ground running :)
  • ReplyReply

• Martin318is

• Domestique
    • Liked: 163
    • Less interesting than he seems on paper
    « Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 00:12 »
    In Jan I managed 530km but to be fair, I was only around the bike till the 21st as I went to Colombia for a few weeks.

From my new house my bike commute total will now be approx 600km per month so I wont have many excuses for not breaking 1,000km per month total riding when racing and training are included on top. LOL
  • ReplyReply
  • About Masters Club racing:
    ".. if I can't double the petrol money, I'm headin over the mountains instead" - Michael Fox, Team SAS

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 00:59 »
    Feb is proving to be a really bad month. rubbish weather till now and fighting with the wife for training / baby sitting time (she is on some 40 days of yoga karmic journey which largely seems to consist of her stealing all my riding time) meaning i have barely touched 200km's half way through (and about 4 hours on the spin bikes)

after 6 days off, getting back on the bike tomorrow to try and get my head back in the game

although today am struggling to convince myself to go to my lunchtime 'fix my broken old body so i can ride some more' yoga class so is going to take some effort to get going again
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 08:39 »
    It ended up at 99.89.  I guess I should have done a few loops in the driveway.

why not just lift the bike and spin the wheel  :P
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1285
    « Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 10:09 »
    Just rode into work having recovered from pneumonia, so I'm on 10km for the month so far.
  • ReplyReply

• GreasyMonkey

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 13:30 »
    Just rode into work having recovered from pneumonia, so I'm on 10km for the month so far.

Looks like you and I are running on the same song - I've eight weeks off the bike with pneumonia, then bronchitis.... got in 25km  in the mountains on Saturday, then another 40km around the lake (10km down to lake, 20km flat & 10km back up to home....)

Maybe ride to work a couple of days next week, as it is 30km each way, with 600 metres of climbing on the way home (400m in the final 6km.... tough after a long day).
  • ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1285
    « Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 13:46 »
    Looks like you and I are running on the same song - I've eight weeks off the bike with pneumonia, then bronchitis.... got in 25km  in the mountains on Saturday, then another 40km around the lake (10km down to lake, 20km flat & 10km back up to home....)

Maybe ride to work a couple of days next week, as it is 30km each way, with 600 metres of climbing on the way home (400m in the final 6km.... tough after a long day).

Ouch, how did you manage to get bronchitis? My docs kept me on horse level dosage antibiotics for three weeks after the infection had cleared, to be safe.

I went out yesterday on a 25mile/40km loop, (took me ages as have no condition) and have irritated my throat so back on the inhalers until the cough subsides.

Nice to get out and about in the sunshine though.
  • ReplyReply

• GreasyMonkey

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 15:28 »
    Was not on horse-level dope first time round, pussy cat level if I was lucky.

The second round (for the bronchitis), well that would have killed a horse, and went for 10 days......

Now we are in the midst of the pollinating of Cypressa Arizonica, which I am allergic to - thankfully the pollen counts are WAY below last year.

Ride the ergo tomorrow for 1 hour (2 x 20min intervals, not hard), and try to be sensible and not get too agressive to quick.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: RIP/ memorial announcements by Echoes
    [November 20, 2019, 12:28]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Leadbelly
    [November 19, 2019, 19:18]

Re: Tokyo 2020 Olympic Road Race & ITT thread by Leadbelly
    [November 18, 2019, 15:37]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search
    [November 17, 2019, 07:59]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Drummer Boy