• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6788
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: Bike Fit / Positions...
« on: November 16, 2018, 12:00 »
As long as you don't start posting pics of yourself on a recumbent, we're good.  :-x

I often experience odd pains and strains towards the end of winter, when I've been off the bike for awhile,  and I think it has a lot to do with the inactivity and uneven recovery of certain muscle groups. Those first few rides of the season will then often bring about various discomforts until my body adjusts again. I have a recurring lower-back issue which often flares up if I take too much time off. You'd think it would be the opposite, but that's not the case for me.

How's your injury recovery going, L'arri? It sounded pretty serious.

I want to start an inury/health thread to share some of my experiences over the past year. I had never been in the hospital once in my life until three separate issues changed that for me beginning about 11 months ago. But I won't bog this thread down with those tales.

I'm physically fine these days, thanks for asking. :) The mental side is still quite bad though. I get a lot of moments of anxiety on the bike and my motivation to ride has been affected by that. Riding was one way to relax and to find some peace and it's just become very stressful since the accident. I am planning a radical fix for the situation though!
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni