collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10285
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Sarah Connolly ‏@_Pigeons_ 1m
This is RIDICULOUS. @WomensCycling  reports Tour of Languedoc  Roussillon, due to start *tomorrow* has *just* been cancelled. Just not right
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Marijn de Vries ‏@marijnfietst 3m
    @_Pigeons_ @womenscycling Just called our DS who's also almost there and he says the police won't allow the tour...
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Sarah Connolly ‏@_Pigeons_ 1m
    Teams were told Languedoc-Roussillon was cancelled - now being told to come anyway, because there's a faint chance it might happen #fiasco

José Been ‏@TourDeJose 2m
    Latest news from Tour de Languedoc is that riders will hear in two hours if stage 1 goes ahead tomorrow (via @marijnfietst)
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Marijn de Vries ‏@marijnfietst 5m
    BREAKING: Tour de Languedoc is on from tomorrow. So they say. Don't feel very excited anymore, to be honest.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    José Been ‏@TourDeJose 5m
    Rabobank and Boels-Dolmans decide to leave Tour de Languedoc. Protesting against the organization. And rightfully so!!   #womenscyling
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Amber Neben fractured Hip in the ITT invitational at Cali
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 255
    • Awards: 2014 & 2015 Official Prediction Game ChampReigning TDF Prediction Champ
    Tour de Languedoc- Rousillon. Is there a stage 5 or has Emma P won this ?
    http://www.procyclingstats.com/race.php?id=130656
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 255
    • Awards: 2014 & 2015 Official Prediction Game ChampReigning TDF Prediction Champ
    Stg5 was ITT with Emma P finishing 2nd but winning GC.

You little beauty Emma.
  • ReplyReply

• S-Works

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 8
    The women are getting shafted all the time... it's disgusting how they are treated in certain sports, to this day.
    And I'm a male saying this, someone who'd love to see women's cycling prosper & actually be able to watch races on TV!
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5605
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    CyclingQuotes: Ina-Yoko Teutenberg out for the rest of the season

She's doing the right thing in my opinion. Head injuries are not to be taken lightly.
    But at 38 years, it could be a rather disappointing way to end one of the greatest careers in women's cycling. I'm sure she'll try everything to get a proper sending-off after a full recovery and a successfull 2014.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2016 Stölting Content Editor; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    While we're getting all hot and bothered about the Tour warm-ups, an exciting battle has been happening in the Emakumeen Euskal Bira. Vos dominated at first but Emma Johansson clawed back the lead with an impressive TT win (the discipline is Vos' only real acknowledged weak spot) a canny breakaway win and a careful defence on the final stage as Vos' hold on the race definitively collapsed.

Emma smiling: not a sight we've seen much of in 2013 so far

So near yet so far for final stage winner Elisa Longo Borghini who outsprinted her winning group but failed to unseat Johansson and finished second on GC at the same time. Women's racing rocks hard, folks!

GC:

• ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3349
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    Women's Tour of Britain scheduled for 2014 - separate to the men's event. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/23467530
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Great news 're TOB.

Plus some more UHC my favorites us dom team will have a women's team, mainly us based but good times

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/15112/Momentum-Sports-Group-to-introduce-UnitedHealthcare-womens-professional-team-in-2014.aspx
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hogan-hoping-belgian-lifeline-ends-with-australian-world-championship-team-berth

Crazy this stuff occurs in 2013,

Also an issue at other teams according to the article
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5605
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    And that's exactly why we need more stringent rules in women's cycling.
    Minimum wage (however meager that may be), and no early cancelling of contracts would be a start.
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 177
    I does not look any better a 2nd time.  Do the shorts feature faux suspenders and stocking tops ?  Is there an entirely impractical handbag and parasol to accessoirise the kit ?

I know it is bad form to quote yourself but I see I am not the only one to find the kit unsuitable
    http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2013-07-09/calls-to-recognise-lizzie-armitsteads-cycling-success/
    has a hilarious picture at the top.   Lizzie is certainly setting herself up for repeated falls this year.  That outburst about cycling now being clean, and we all need to walk on by,  was just so dumb.    She has little choice about the outfit but she doesn't have to point it out to us.

Is this 2013 kit the presage of a new media attention grabbing campaign for next year?

Do they have a new main name sponsor for next year? .  A sponsor with a nice long name with an "O" somewhere near the front of it and another "O" near then end and then they could contrast the large  "O" s in filled in pink and have that across their chest. 
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    Trophée d'Or Féminin

Stage 1

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails2011.asp?id=OTU5NQ&MenuId=MTYzMDQ&LangId=1&BackLink=/Templates/UCI/UCI8/layout.asp%3FMenuID%3DMTYzMDQ%26LangId%3D1

First group of women coaches graduates from World Cycling Centre

Elnara Musayeva used to be the only woman cyclist in Azerbaijan, and now she will be the only woman coach.

“I have about six girls ready to start. They are waiting for me,” she says impatiently. “I have already sent them some training sessions on-line from Switzerland but I can’t wait to go back and begin. I have completely changed my methods, my knowledge and techniques.”

Elnara is one of ten women who have just completed a four-week course tailor-designed for women coaches at the World Cycling Centre in Aigle, Switzerland. Two of the participants passed the Level 1 coaching exam, and the rest of the class passed Level 2.

Hailing from Hong Kong, Salvador, Finland, South Africa, Iran, Croatia, Azerbaijan, Japan and Uganda, the women seized the opportunity to participate in the course given by British Cycling’s Belinda Tarling, former Mountain Bike World Champion and voted best coach educator in Britain last year.

Different profiles, same goals

Four of the course participants are former Olympic cyclists. Others arrived at the World Cycling Centre with a far more modest cycling background. While some are focused on young children, others will be coaching high performance athletes. But all have the same motivation and global goals: to get the best out of the athletes they coach and improve the standards of women coaches worldwide.

To do this, they left no stone unturned: be it classroom work, practical sessions out on the bike, preparing presentations on specific topics or studying in the evening, the 10 women immersed themselves completely in the coaching course.

“It has been an incredible experience,” says their instructor. “They all worked so hard and were very supportive of each other. They continued studying in the evenings and I know there have been some 2am sessions. The course was very intense but they all worked so hard. They have progressed massively.”

"You never stop learning"

South Africa’s Erica Green has been coaching for 10 years but says that the opportunity to attend an exclusively women’s course at the World Cycling Centre was a “dream come true.”

“As a coach, you never stop learning,” she explains. “And coming here, to the centre of cycling, was the most amazing opportunity. The people we are working with are the best in the world. We have been taken out of our comfort zones and our usual habits and been completely focused on coaching.”

Meanwhile the course’s other South African participant, Annerine Wenhold, hopes this course will help her move on from her voluntary work as a part-time mentor for athletes from different sports to that of paid coach: “I already have two athletes to start with and I hope it will grow from there. I would like this to be my career,” says the former track cyclist who works for a petrol chemical company. Most of her voluntary work in sport has been with children in schools and she would like to concentrate on the 14 to 18 age bracket. One of her athletes is a beginner, while the other has already competed in the UCI Junior Track World Championships. Two profiles completely different but the coach’s motivation is the same: “What really attracts me is helping people to achieve goals and improve themselves.”

Although the ten newly-qualified coaches parted ways at the weekend to embrace new phases in their careers, they have no intention of losing contact.

“We have become friends and we will set up a Facebook page so that we can assist each other,” assures Annerine. “We all face challenges now and we can help each other mutually.”

Most have the firm desire to return to the World Cycling Centre to study for the highest coaching qualification: the UCI Coaching Diploma
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3349
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    UCI Women’s Road World Cup 2014

15th March - Ronde van Drenthe, Netherlands
    30th March - Trofeo Alfredo Binda - Cittiglio, Italy
    6th April - Ronde van Vlaanderen, Belgium
    23rd April - La Flèche Wallonne Femmes, Belgium
    18th May - Tour of Chongming Island World Cup, China
    3rd August - Spakassen Giro, Germany
    22nd August - Open de Suède Vårgårda Team Time Trial, Sweden
    24th August - Open de Suède Vårgårda Road Race, Sweden
    30th August - Grand Prix Plouay-Bretagne, France

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/15533/Sparkassen-Giro-joins-World-Cup-as-womens-calendar-shows-signs-of-revival.aspx#ixzz2g52Vfwu9
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r