collapse

froome19

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 2048
  • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
Re: Other sports
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2012, 11:23 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/18780238

He could really be a shining light for GB in the Olympics.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #151 on: July 12, 2012, 11:49 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18790657
    Pretty belated but good for him, the question is what would this have done for his morale and boxing ability?
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #152 on: July 12, 2012, 15:29 »
    Robertson, Bingham and Selby all have been knocked out of the Aussie open in Round 1, the top seeds are falling but that generally makes for a more exciting competition later on.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #153 on: July 12, 2012, 15:44 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/18815915

Very impressive by Molinari, lets hope he ups his game enough to get back into Ryder cup selection along with his brother.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2012, 16:03 »
    Watched it, and it has been bloody impressive. About his Ryder cup, book it, because he's qualifying by his placing in the world rankings.

As for the others, I'm disappointed that Westy decided not to play a single links tournament before the Open, certainly Portrush or Castle Stuart would've been a good place to be.

About the Ryder cup team itself- Donald, Westwood, Kaymer, McIlroy, McDowell, Francesco, Rose, Lawrie, Colsaerts, Poulter and two others.
  • ReplyReply

• jobiwan

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #155 on: July 13, 2012, 02:45 »
    About the Ryder cup team itself- Donald, Westwood, Kaymer, McIlroy, McDowell, Francesco, Rose, Lawrie, Colsaerts, Poulter and two others.

America is doomed!   :o

As of now, our top eight, and automatic qualifiers are

blahblah
    Bubba Watson    5326.395
    Jason Dufner    5289.254
    Tiger Woods    4669.413
    Webb Simpson    4635.500
    Phil Mickelson    4107.108
    Matt Kuchar    4043.426
    Hunter Mahan    3864.370
    Zach Johnson   3325.858

http://www.rydercup.com/2012/usa/team/team_standings.cfm

Of these 8, i'd say the first 7 should qualify easily. Zach Johnson should be in either if he qualifies or as a captain's pick, he plays solid golf. If Zach qualifies, I would pick the next three in the standings right now, Bradley, Fowler, and Dustin Johnson, as well as Stricker, simply because he plays well with Tiger. Although Furyk might work too, for the same reason. Maybe Van Pelt or Haas will make it, but I'd say they're long shots. But of course it doesn't matter, because McDowell will rip us to smithereens, and Donald and Westwood will continue to startle us with their dominance as we wonder how on earth they haven't won a major.

Just pray that Kevin Na doesn't get picked, or the Ryder Cup will never end.   ;D
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2012, 03:25 »
    Don't worry, holes can be conceded in the Ryder cup :D Na has been good though, certainly far better than that 16.

That's a sh*t strong American team too.
    I love DJ, got to be my favourite American player, and just hope he can get back to full fitness after a nightmare run this year.

About Westy, despite being my favourite player outside India, he's not the best match player around. Still, I'd happily be proven wrong. I'd add Quiros to the European team, and am happy to be surprised by the Captain's pick, Manassero please.

Going to be a great Ryder cup, and my favourites are actually the USA, very slightly. I'll be supporting Europe as their tours are at a far more humane time than the PGA tour though and so I know more players ;D
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #157 on: July 13, 2012, 11:19 »
    America is doomed!   :o

As of now, our top eight, and automatic qualifiers are

blahblah
    Bubba Watson    5326.395
    Jason Dufner    5289.254
    Tiger Woods    4669.413
    Webb Simpson    4635.500
    Phil Mickelson    4107.108
    Matt Kuchar    4043.426
    Hunter Mahan    3864.370
    Zach Johnson   3325.858

http://www.rydercup.com/2012/usa/team/team_standings.cfm

Of these 8, i'd say the first 7 should qualify easily. Zach Johnson should be in either if he qualifies or as a captain's pick, he plays solid golf. If Zach qualifies, I would pick the next three in the standings right now, Bradley, Fowler, and Dustin Johnson, as well as Stricker, simply because he plays well with Tiger. Although Furyk might work too, for the same reason. Maybe Van Pelt or Haas will make it, but I'd say they're long shots. But of course it doesn't matter, because McDowell will rip us to smithereens, and Donald and Westwood will continue to startle us with their dominance as we wonder how on earth they haven't won a major.

Just pray that Kevin Na doesn't get picked, or the Ryder Cup will never end.   ;D
    Those players on a good day are as strong as any in the world, you just have to look at Woods when going at full swing and Watson and Simpson both of whom recently won a major. It is a solid team but the problem for you guys is that all your players will have to rise up to the challenge pick time, they have done recently but can they all do consistently for the duration of the cup?
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2012, 11:35 »
    They will. The singles are definitely in the US favour. Mahan won a WGC matchplay. Simpson has been winning and top 10ing for fun in these past two years. kuchar is all about consistency and Tiger could go batsh*t at any time like in the previous Ryder cup's singles match against Francesco. It's well good enough to win, they should be the favourites this time, and all this discounting atmosphere. 4 years ago was a bit of a disgrace fans wise, but raucous enough to shake Westwood.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #159 on: July 14, 2012, 23:34 »
    Haye gives Chisora the dose of reality he so desperately needed let us beg never to see his figure mar the sport ever again.

Though I didnt watch the fight it seems like Haye was slightly the better of the two and now he wants to have a go at losing to Klitchko once again, he does have Chisora to thank though as otherwise he would have been safely retired by now with no hope whatsoever of a world title bash again one of the two.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #160 on: July 14, 2012, 23:35 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/18843177

Nice match up in the Aussie open by two players who generally dont see much of the limelight but are great men in their own right.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #161 on: July 15, 2012, 09:47 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18846137

Khan must be shattered inside, and this really damages his hopes of getting anything much especially a Mayweather fight as this is effectively two successive losses for him. Garcia on the other hand remains unbeaten and looks a proper boxer
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2012, 16:41 »
    Carn Jeev. Brilliant round
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2012, 17:39 »
    flip yeah Jeev flipping beauty. Get in there, Scottish Open Champion.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #164 on: July 15, 2012, 18:05 »
    flip yeah Jeev flipping beauty. Get in there, Scottish Open Champion.
    Congratulations.

Molinari must be kicking himself really hard though.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2012, 18:19 »
    Yeah, but Jeev played a belter of an outward nine. Proper gent, he deserves it, and his third play off shot was well better.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #166 on: July 15, 2012, 19:16 »
    Well seems like Jorge may be slowly running away with it, shame Rossi didnt win it would have made a great fairy tail win which would help to truly honour a great legend but this race may have been very title defining though Pedrosa is still in with a chance, though I dont think Stoner has much of a chance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/18847631
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #167 on: July 16, 2012, 18:07 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/18856737

Some interesting pairing there, even though I fancy the Rory pairing to really shine.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #168 on: July 16, 2012, 21:31 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18858396

Wow now that guy is either really clever or really out of it..
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2012, 07:15 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/18856737

Some interesting pairing there, even though I fancy the Rory pairing to really shine.
    Desperately stupid to keep all the big names together in the first couple of rounds, borne out of NBC's featured pairing nonsense. It's also the lazy journalism that one can expect when covering the sport (and beeb covering it), there are a few outside Woods, Westwood, Donald and major winners.

Of the Challenge tour players, I definitely will be keeping an eye on Rafa Echenique jr, was astonished that he lost his tour card a couple of years ago.

The way the summer, or so called, has gone, it will take some good course management to get around in one piece considering the smashing winds that should affect a links tournament, not to mention the extremely soggy course, and that's not exactly what has been McIlroy's strength. I think he'll struggle here. Not too convinced by his links record, it's well different to a normal course. Needs a lot more thought and is not as algorithmic as other courses.

Asian tour lot, well of course Jeev and Thongchai are legends of the tour, but another great is taking part in the Open, Prayad Marksaeng. Hope all three have a good run. Jeev has said that a major is his career goal now.

Here's another quality trio
    41   13:59   Nicolas COLSAERTS   Hunter MAHAN   John SENDEN
    The full list
    http://www.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes/TeeTimes.aspx

Jack in the box pick? Pablo Larrazabal. Would've said Paul Lawrie, but he's won an Open and is in form
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    « Reply #170 on: July 17, 2012, 09:52 »
    Could go here or in the Olympic thread.  Very good documentary on Bolt - lots of behind the scenes and quite unguarded stuff.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01l1xyh/Usain_Bolt_The_Fastest_Man_Alive/
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    « Reply #171 on: July 19, 2012, 10:43 »
    The Open is up and running, Lawrie, Scott, and Tiger the current leaders on -2.  Weather looks ok atm, no rain, and not too much of a breeze either. 
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2012, 14:20 »
    Lawrie a flipping ace links player and he's on form. Wouldn't be the worst bet to win. Jeev got an even 70 and Thongchai scored a 69 :win

Kaymer and Robert Rock are out for sure.  Echenique and Westy at 3 over.

Didn't realise Mardan Mamat was playing here.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #173 on: July 21, 2012, 12:20 »
    Thank flip Rory didn't sh*t on my prediction. Not too windy or rainy for the next two days.

Whoops, should be windy tomorrow afternoon and evening. Noice.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:45 by ram »

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain

ram

« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2012, 03:36 »
    Wowzers, missed that. Tis Geo restricted, but there's a handycam video on ewetube. Good for him. I still don't know how the fark he qualified for the Open. Not disgracing himself there either.

Nice to see McDowell back in contention nowadays,  2011 was just not his year.
  • ReplyReply

• jobiwan

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #176 on: July 22, 2012, 21:01 »
    Really feel bad for Adam Scott. No one deserves to go through that.

Happy for Ernie as he has been returning to his old form for the last few years, but this Open will be remembered more for Scott's collapse.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2012, 14:11 »
    Just got the channel that be broadcasting the final of the Super 15. Considering it's only the NZ commentary I listen to usually, I be cheering for the Chiefs.

Also because of Liam Messam's flipping fantastic performance for New Zealand in their last match and of course, Taumalolo.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2012, 13:54 »
    And odds are that I'll miss it :fp
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2012, 12:38 »
    I didn't, and it was a walk for the Chiefs. Cruden and Messem were just brilliant.
  • ReplyReply

•