collapse

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 483
  • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
Re: Other sports
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 12:07 »
Yeah half these youngsters wont even get a game and looking at their list - Scully/Ward is no Ablett and even then the Suns had Bock and Rischitelli who weren't hacks throughout the season so without any of those types of players I think GWS are in for a longer season than GCS were. That said, their game(s?) should be a good one. The "Newbie" Rivalry. :D
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 12:30 »
    Derek Chisora fights Vitali Klitchko tonight..  so another lamb to the slaughter but this time a British journeyman and not an American clubfighter.  Probably find some choppy useless stream for that one.
    I'm hoping Vitali beats that guy up for 11 rounds and then knock him out in the 12'th.  :)
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 949
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 14:34 »
    Serious question- why is Chisora even fighting Klitchko? He has lost two of his last three matches. Why are these Brit heavyweight contenders such twunts? The his slap has raked in a few more million for the  match though.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    « Reply #33 on: February 18, 2012, 14:44 »
    David Haye could fight at times but Chisora is pretty useless,  dunno why he's fighting Vitali maybe the German audience love to see their Ukrainian guy beat up a no hoper. .       Tyson Fury easily beat Chisora  a few weeks ago and he's nowhere near the level of the Klitchko brothers so I'm kind of baffled why this guy is fighting for a world title.

Missmatches are part of boxing but for a title fight?    Its a bit of a joke really.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #34 on: February 18, 2012, 14:49 »
    Far cry from Lennox Lewis. Hopefully the next one is better.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    « Reply #35 on: February 18, 2012, 14:56 »
    Far cry from Lennox Lewis. Hopefully the next one is better.

It might be a long  wait before another Lennox.    Tyson Fury is an up and coming, talented fighter and has the size.. but definatley needs to work on toughening himself up a bit and adding some more power and a few other things like a jab etc.

• ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #36 on: February 18, 2012, 15:14 »
    Cheers Sub.
    I see that he's still very young. Got quite a few years ahead of him.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476
    « Reply #37 on: February 18, 2012, 23:26 »
    Chisora gave a good account of himself during the fight.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #38 on: February 18, 2012, 23:38 »
    Sublimit, how good is eubank junior?
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    « Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 07:28 »
    Sublimit, how good is eubank junior?

I've only seen him once briefly so its hard to say,  he looks a competent orthodox style fighter and possibly a decent prospect.     

I kind of like the idea of Haye fighting Chisora but this time in the ring,  and hopefully kicking his ass as chisora is a disgrace to boxing with his childish behavior.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3504
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #40 on: February 19, 2012, 09:43 »
    OK did not see much of NAB cup last year, just saw Suns at start of full season where they were woeful. GWS looked a better team than i remember the suns looking then, but you are right will not mean anything when the season proper starts

I heard the Suns team song yesterday .... OMG it is terrible.   Worse than the Dockers!!!

Them not winning is a good thing for us all
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #41 on: February 19, 2012, 09:47 »
    I've only seen him once briefly so its hard to say,  he looks a competent orthodox style fighter and possibly a decent prospect.     

I kind of like the idea of Haye fighting Chisora but this time in the ring,  and hopefully kicking his ass as chisora is a disgrace to boxing with his childish behavior.

Yea,he was but he gave klitschko one hell of a fight imo.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 889
    « Reply #42 on: February 19, 2012, 22:09 »
    Match was commented by Željko Mavrović 3x times European champ dude who fought for world title against Lewis, (his last match, cos Lewis killed his liver virtually and true) he said that Chisora surprises him but it is long, long way to see one real black fighter, everyone goes to NFL.
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 7
    « Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 00:30 »
    College Basketball.  Specifically, UNC Tarheel basketball.  Second only to Roubaix.
  • ReplyReply
  • "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." ~ Thoreau

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 22:08 »
    If anyone want to take a nap, suggest watching Vladimir Klitchko vs some sorry ass dude right now.
    Maybe I would be wrong :o
    edit: Nope I will not 2nd round French dude kissing floor
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 22:26 by Anthony Moan »

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 22:33 »
    4th round it is over ;D not a single punch from that dude.
    I wonder who payed tickets :P, and boxing is going down more and more!
    Tyson come back!!!!
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #46 on: March 06, 2012, 19:22 »
    Jakov Fak won world biathlon 20km gold, it would mean nothing to me but this traitor took Slovenian citizenship last year, traitor.
    P.S. Yes Fak pronounce same as fu.. :D

But we have another hero and no he will not took anyone citizenship ;), Kostelić is coming back in world alpine ski cup after knee surgery on Maribor race at this weekend. He was lead dude but while he was recovering Swiss dude Feuz Beat 1250pt took lead and Austrian dude Hirscher Marcel took 2nd, Kostelić is 3rd with 1043pts, 6 more races to go.

Of course beautiful Lindsey would win woman world cup, congrats Lindsey ::)
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 6
    « Reply #47 on: March 07, 2012, 22:34 »
    Less than a month till opening day of MLB , c'mon you Padres show something this year
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #48 on: March 07, 2012, 23:27 »
    Scoring runs will be a problem for them, PETCO is huge after all. They'll need Blanks to become the player all the projections had him at before he came up to the majors and I think they'll miss Latos, I know they got Volquez and a few others in return, but if you look at Latos and Volquez's careers to date, Latos is the better pitcher at present, although I can't find the FIP stat for either, but I will track it down.

Latos 429.2 IP  7.6H/9, 2.8BB/9, 8.7SO/9 and a 1.154 WHIP

whereas Volquez has 497.0 IP 8.8H/9, 4.8BB/9, 8.7SO/9 and a 1.497 WHIP

I am not expecting much at all , anything above last in the division will be a winning season for me ;D. I am really interested to see how Latos goes in GAB , going to be a lot tougher for him pitching in that park even though his home and road splits are pretty good.

I also have a soft spot for Toronto and I honestly thought this would be the year they would try and make a big move to catch up to NY,Boston and Tampa but I was left disappointed in their off season.

• ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #49 on: March 08, 2012, 02:38 »
    There are a few teams that are intriguing me this year , I think the Nats are going to improve big time possible Miami aswell  , The NL east is getting tougher and tougher. Also will Pujols and Wilson push the Angels back into contention against the Rangers and the NL Central is just a toss up , Brewers lost Fielder , Cardinals lost Pujols, Reds gained Latos.

It is going to be a interesting year for sure
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 04:48 »
    I am disappointed that the extra round of play-offs is only a one game, Should have at least made it best of three , The scheduling going to be interesting in 2013 as well when the Astro's move over to AL West , I don't like the thought of inter league play all season
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #51 on: March 17, 2012, 05:41 »
    Sweet!!
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #52 on: March 25, 2012, 23:56 »

It may be staged but is imo the hardest sport in the world.

As this shows.

• ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #53 on: March 26, 2012, 06:36 »
    It may be staged but is imo the hardest sport in the world.

As this shows.

I've always liked it, don't really watch it though. When they fall, they fall, there's no faking that.
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #54 on: March 28, 2012, 01:31 »
    Mlb starts tonight , The A's and Mariners in Japan . Bring it on
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #55 on: March 28, 2012, 01:39 »
    Yeap the best division kicks it off, but the 2 weakest teams!

Yep, the A's get talked up every year with their young pitching but alway's fail to deliver, their hitting   is almost as bad as my Padres
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #56 on: March 28, 2012, 01:46 »
    The A's are always  trading away players for prospects , the rebuilding never stops with them , they may as well be a triple A team. It appears Quentin is out for the first 4-6 weeks for the Pads so there goes most of our power threat
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #57 on: March 28, 2012, 02:01 »
    I agree but expert's have been saying Quentin's hitting actually projects well in Petco. BB is strange , always rebuilding but then traded for Holliday out of the blue.

I hate spring training , just gives false hope teams are going to go better than what they will. I am still disappointed Toronto didn't explore more avenue's to get an out and out ace, cause they are getting so close to being contenders.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #58 on: March 28, 2012, 12:00 »
    How are the Pirates looking this year? Didn't they improve from sh*t to crap last year? :D
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #59 on: March 28, 2012, 13:08 »
    The good old Pirates, at least they are moving forward though, in a much better position now than for the past 20 years, McCutchen is a stud. My favourite ballpark in the majors as well.
  • ReplyReply

•