collapse

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 1784
  • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #1050 on: July 14, 2014, 11:40 »
as far as this goes DB-Coop - I could not disagree with you more.

If they want PR .. hire a PR firm to spin it.

ITS GOOD that they punish cheaters.   The more they catch the better it is.   So much better than those other cheating sports with no positives as they are not making any effort to catch them ...

see - its not that hard.  Even I can do it.

The problem is that the sponsors are very much afraid of doping scandals, and that the many catches (which I agree is good) have resulted in a situation where it is very hard to find sponsors, if you look at the commercial value of sponsoring a cycling team, the value of such a sponsorship to cost far exceeds that of sponsoring a football team. They need to make doping a smaller part of cycling (visually too) if cycling is to move on.

No need for a press release, just keep a list, anybody that want to know who is banned can just go look at the list. If anything they could increase the financial punishment of dopers, and flag any results by a rider prior to being caught, not just remove the one where he was caught.

• ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.