collapse

M Gee

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1626
  • The user formerly known as hiero
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #2040 on: July 06, 2019, 14:38 »
What I have today isn't general news, but rather general speculation. Froome. I saw, and quickly discarded, speculation amongst the wildest cadre of perennial speculators, that Froome did not have an accident, and that this event was a cover-up conspiracy of some sort. Covering up some sort of doping, of course.

But Lance, in his latest episode of online broadcasting (below), quickly gets into the ludicrous aspect of Froome's accident. Now, a conspiracy is still so fantastic that it is essentially impossible. And I mean fantastic in the fullest sense of fantasy.

OTOH, as Lance points out, WHY TF would you take your hands off the handlebars on a hard-to-handle TT bike, in bad weather, on a recon ride? Either a COMPLETE brain fart - and those do happen - but not usually with such serious consequences - OR some sort of ulterior motive.

TBH, I hadn't given the causation much thought. The consequences were simply too dire to worry about the WHY. But seeing this leaves unanswered questions in my mind. Given the nature of compound fractures, it is quite possible (although unlikely, I think), that Froome could NEVER return to racing.

I'm not going to spend time dwelling on it - like DB, I have better things to do, and I'll still enjoy the racing. But if some deeper motive eventually comes to light, I won't be surprised, either.

• ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.