collapse

AG

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 4020
  • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #450 on: February 22, 2013, 23:37 »
there is a huge difference in motivation - the risk v reward payoff -  to take these substances though Kiwirider.

For your forrestry guy, the motivation is purely to reduce the boredom and get through the day. Its for personal stimulation.  This can easily be replaced with positive feelings towards the company, towards self, towards any number of things.

In elite sport winning is EVERYTHING.  There isnt anything you can use as a higher motivating factor.    Unless the risk of penalty is substantial, the rewards for doing it and succeeding are just too high.

So I dont think the 'rehabilitation without repercussions' part would work.

I completely agree with this part of your statement though

Alongside this, there needs to be a set of measures seeking to change the implicit (or - if you read some of the inane comments on VeloNews and cyclingnews.com - explicit) approval of doping in the sport. This means things like emphasising that doping is cheating, bringing the media around to celebrating the effort rather than the result, exposing the impossibility of some of the results that have been achieved (there was a good programme on the Seoul 100m final that did that), etc., etc. I know that I'll sound like I've simply regurgitated the work that Bassons has decribed in his recent interview over at cyclingnews - but they are the sort of things that need to be done. This is definitely a long game - again, as Bassons says. But hey "the journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step ..." right?

• ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Giro 2020 General Discussion by LukasCPH
    [December 04, 2019, 07:54]

Re: Giro 2020 General Discussion by Leadbelly
    [December 04, 2019, 07:35]

Re: Giro 2020 General Discussion by Joelsim
    [December 03, 2019, 18:04]

Re: Giro 2020 General Discussion by Joelsim