• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6451
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #1890 on: June 26, 2018, 14:32 »
Four months later (and one year after the positive sample), things are still unresolved. LADS is currently reviewing the case and Cardoso has time until mid Juli to bring up arguments in his defense. The UCI Anti-Doping Tribunal may then come to a conclusion

https://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/736356

Thanks for this. Nice to have an update. :) A Bola is probably right to spin it as "still no outcome" but, to me at least, it does look like things are moving that way at last.

The thing I don't get, indeed have never got, is this: if the B-sample was genuinely "inconclusive" why was CADF so adamant about not letting him go? As usual, we don't really know.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #1891 on: June 26, 2018, 14:54 »
    Watching the construction from afar of the International Testing Agency (ITA), it looks like a dizzying edifice of integrity indeed.

For those who haven't heard about it yet, the ITA is the IOC's big idea in the wake of the Russian doping scandal: an independent anti-doping testing and administrative authority based in Lausanne.

You may recall that there's already a WADA-affiliated anti-doping lab in Lausanne. It's rock solid, almost three decades old, run by the university there and often handles pro cycling samples. It also has nothing to do with the ITA, which you can think of as being more like the UCI's CADF in character and relationships: despite the name, the ITA is not a lab.

Given that the ITA's founding principle is independence, from (inter)national sports authorities and supposedly the IOC itself, you'd be forgiven for a raising an eyebrow at the newly-minted Board: three of the five members are IOC officials. Director Benjamin Cohen says "to be honest, I don’t see it as a major issue" (source), so that's all fine, then.

Working with ITA is voluntary for sports authorities. Some have committed to it already, others have even considered outsourcing their entire anti-doping activities to it. The details are not completely clear yet.

As for pro cycling, it seems unlikely that the UCI would feel the need to change much in favour of these developments and it's of limited interest to cycling fans except perhaps for the choice of French politician Valérie Fourneyron as Chairwoman. Fourneyron, you may recall, made a splash back in 2013 with her Senate Report on the 1998 Tour de France EPO positives and her subsequent, rather conflicted comments about the sport.

We should know more in due course but things are certainly moving for the ITA with the Board now fully appointed. Watch this independently managed space.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1158
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #1892 on: June 26, 2018, 15:41 »
    . . .

Given that the ITA's founding principle is independence, from (inter)national sports authorities and supposedly the IOC itself, you'd be forgiven for a raising an eyebrow at the newly-minted Board: three of the five members are IOC officials. Director Benjamin Cohen says "to be honest, I don’t see it as a major issue" (source), so that's all fine, then.

. . .
    Riiiight, then. ;);) nudge, nudge!.  Oh, and, I'll take the Hitch-sized container of pickle juice with that order, please!
  • ReplyReply
  • Eeyore sez . . .

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 10692
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1893 on: June 28, 2018, 10:09 »
    oups

#movistar Jaime Roson provisionally suspended for passport violations in 2017 (when he was still at Caja Rural)

https://twitter.com/Movistar_Team/status/1012259350222639104
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #1894 on: June 28, 2018, 15:09 »
    oups

#movistar Jaime Roson provisionally suspended for passport violations in 2017 (when he was still at Caja Rural)

https://twitter.com/Movistar_Team/status/1012259350222639104

Rosón came into #cajarural during its purple 2015 season and there were high expectations of him in Spain. He did well in two full seasons there but in 2017, when his values are alleged to have been irregular, he was also very consistent and that probably helped to clinch his WT deal.

Presumably he started his ABP on or just before joining this Pro Continental team. We know that he was at the end of his first winter at senior level when he recorded the values in question, just ahead of competition. He was racing by the last week of January but had a pretty uneven first week in the peloton (FWIW three DNFs and a very commendable 12th place on an uphill finish).
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 10692
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1895 on: June 28, 2018, 19:21 »
    Movistar was notified in April, so that explais why he was taken out of the Giro squad (and replaced by Fernandez) I guess

https://as.com/ciclismo/2018/06/28/mas_ciclismo/1530177789_606546.html

He still went on to win in Aragon though...
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #1896 on: June 28, 2018, 22:05 »
    Movistar was notified in April, so that explais why he was taken out of the Giro squad (and replaced by Fernandez) I guess

https://as.com/ciclismo/2018/06/28/mas_ciclismo/1530177789_606546.html

He still went on to win in Aragon though...

Indeed and it seems already to be in the hands of CAS if this article is to be believed so the case is hardly going as slow as first thought.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: BMC news by al_pacino
    [July 16, 2018, 21:54]

Re: How The Race Was Won Cosmo Catalano by Drummer Boy
    [July 16, 2018, 17:25]

Re: BMC news by Drummer Boy
    [July 16, 2018, 17:20]

Re: BMC news by search