collapse

Maxiton

• Domestic Rider
  • Liked: 0
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 15:24 »
Cipo has some good advice for Ricardo Ricco: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cipollini-ricco-should-forget-about-cycling

That's probably the best advice anyone's ever given Ricco. And besides, how do you say fait accompli in Italian?
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 15:53 »
    I would say it must be impossible for Ricco to be involved in any legitimate sense in cycling ever. I am sure he will get into the nefarious side of it but hope he at least has some cop on to forget the sport and move on for his child's sake but he does not seem that kind of guy. :(
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

scribe

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 03:39 »
    Ricco should never be allowed to race again.

agreed
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 06:32 »
    Ricco should never be allowed to race again.

it is really sad that the guy is not ready to let go yet. After what has happened, when his arrogance and unhealthy relationship with the sport so very nearly killed him you would have thought he would have seen the light and yet the soap opera continues. You start to wonder what it is going to take to make him realize he is going to be better off without it
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10735
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 21
    « Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 02:27 »
    What is the advantage of joining the anti-doping league, other than positive PR?
    And of course feeling kind of good about oneself....
  • ReplyReply

• Martin318is

• Domestique
    • Liked: 162
    • Less interesting than he seems on paper
    « Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 03:00 »
    I got inspired and joined bike Pure in 2010.  I have a nice headset spacer but otherwise its made no difference to anything...
  • ReplyReply
  • About Masters Club racing:
    ".. if I can't double the petrol money, I'm headin over the mountains instead" - Michael Fox, Team SAS

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012, 08:17 »
    Broncos players banned for giving none human urine samples

Sounds like there maybe be more to stop as tester has also been fired but players still suspended. Not quite 2 years though. 2 got 6 games and 1 got 4. think the 4 gamer actual failed due to medication which he now surprising has an exemption for.

outside of the testing and short bans my first thought was really? surely it is easier to pay one of your friends to pee in a sample bottle than your pet dog.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 848
    « Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 09:55 »
    Rumors re Phil

http://www.marca.com/2012/03/12/ciclismo/1331547353.html

That was posted yesterday mid-day and says to expect more news 'in the next few hours'.

I think this is just a lot of hot air.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 09:59 »
    Agreed but came across it and though others might want to have a  look

mew and AG will be here soonish to back up their Guy
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3393
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 10:03 »
    yeah I saw it.

Nothing to worry about ... Phil is the only clean guy in the peloton    ;D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 15:37 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fuentes-denies-breaking-law-but-admits-giving-transfusions

The statement says: “It cannot certainly be said that the blood transfusions provided in hotel rooms were carried out without sufficient hygienic and sanitary guarantees, since such locations are ideal for carrying out these procedures in given situations where they are undertaken, in a hotel room that had recently been prepared for the arrival of a new guest and also bearing in mind that they were carried out by persons who were both well experienced and qualified to do so, namely José Luis Merino Batres, who is a haematologist and Señor Fuentes, who assisted him on some of these tasks, who is also a practising doctor.”

Along with Fuentes, Merino Batres, Belda and Labarta, the others due to face the same charges are Fuentes’ sister, Yolanda Fuentes, who is also a doctor, and Manolo Saiz, former team boss at ONCE and Liberty Seguros. All are maintaining their innocence of the charge brought against them. Merino Batres is also attempting to have the case against him struck out on medical grounds as he has been receiving treatment for Alzheimer’s since 2007. Charges have been dropped against Aldredo Córdova, a doctor who worked with Kelme and Liberty Seguros.

Those standing trial cannot face charges of doping riders because this did not become an offence in Spain until November 2006, largely as a result of the controversy stirred up by the Puerto investigation. However, the statement presented by Fuentes’s lawyers talks of athletes “voluntarily undertaking transfusions” and adds that the procedures often didn’t take place within clinics and other medical facilities because of the “logical desire for discretion and privacy on the part of the athletes and to avoid the drug controls carried out by the sporting authorities".

The statement points out that none of the athletes caught up in the Puerto investigation have come forward with a complaint about their health being endangered. It also underlines the importance that was attached by Fuentes and others to delivering the best quality service, using the same machines and processes for extracting and storing the blood as would be used in a hospital.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #48 on: March 15, 2012, 11:23 »
    http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cycling/greenedge-baffled-by-antidoping-story-20120315-1v6cs.html

GreenEdge only in discussions re  Movement for Credible Cycling group
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3363
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #49 on: March 20, 2012, 12:32 »
    Italians have an interesting sense of humour

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #52 on: March 27, 2012, 15:16 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kroon-angry-at-uci-over-contador-and-his-own-whereabouts-problems

I am literally open-jawed at how they could put out a puff piece like that which happens to quietly implicate the UCI in a cover-up over the Contador positive.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 15:41 »
    I am literally open-jawed at how they could put out a puff piece like that which happens to quietly implicate the UCI in a cover-up over the Contador positive.

Same reaction I had - Twice he said Pat covered this up
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 15:44 »

Will McQuaid have a word and then the article will disappear?

Mattia Gavazzi in Italy formerly of Colnago-CFS has been handed a 2 1/2 year ban reduced to 6 months.

http://road.cc/content/news/55934-mattia-gavazzi-banned-following-positive-competition-test-cocaine-gianni-savio
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 15:50 »
    Same reaction I had - Twice he said Pat covered this up

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 16:05 »
    Will McQuaid have a word and then the article will disappear?

Mattia Gavazzi in Italy formerly of Colnago-CFS has been handed a 2 1/2 year ban reduced to 6 months.

http://road.cc/content/news/55934-mattia-gavazzi-banned-following-positive-competition-test-cocaine-gianni-savio

maybe

Saxo Bank Dutchman calls Contador's handling “almost criminal”

Karsten Kroon has nothing good to say about the UCI and doping. He is angry at how the organisation treated Alberto Contador, and the effect of the Spaniard's suspension on Team Saxo Bank. Added to that, he said he has been informed that he has missed doping controls.

"When I think about the whole situation, it's almost criminal how the UCI has handled the Contador case," Kroon told De Telegraaf.

"Listen, a month after his positive control in the Tour of 2010, Alberto was personally called by UCI President Pat McQuaid, who told him he wanted to keep that quiet. But then it was leaked by the German television.” Eventually Contador was cleared of the charges by the Spanish cycling federation, but “what does the UCI, who initially wanted to keep the whole incident quiet, do, but appeal.”

That is still not the end of the story. Not only is Contador suspended, “now they want to take away the Saxo Bank license, and that although Alberto rode for Astana in 2010.” The positive doping control had not yet been publicly announced when team owner Bjarne Riis signed Contador, but “the worst is compounded” by the fact that UCI head Pat McQuaid knew of the positive at that time, Kroon said.

Kroon is also facing his own problems with the UCI and the anti-doping programme, as his file now states that he has missed two anti-doping controls. “And this is too ridiculous for words,” the 36-year-old said.

It is not his fault, he claimed. In earlier years the Flemish Community sent out an email every quarter, reminding riders to fill out their whereabouts. This year they did not, and so he filed late. “And since I forgot, there is now a 'filing failure', as the UCI calls it.  That is equal to a a missed control," he said.

“And it gets worse. After I had called, I was coolly told that many athletes from other sports had also forgotten the form. But then I was told that I was the only one given a 'missed control', because I am a cyclist.”

;)
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3393
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #57 on: March 28, 2012, 01:04 »
    yep - incredibly dodgy

As for Kroon's missed tests, I agree that if you miss a test, then there needs to be repercussions .... but having a missed test because they filed the 3 month form late, thats just wrong.    A reminder or two isnt that hard, and is not compromising their testing program
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 925
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #58 on: March 28, 2012, 08:04 »
    Can't bother about the Contador case, he failed a test and he couldn't prove his innocence, hence deserved his ban.

Kroon on the other hand, bad luck for him. Question is, why was he the only one caught out? And why don't teams take more responsibility in this regard.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 925
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #59 on: March 28, 2012, 10:17 »
    Aye, that was sports bureaucracy at pretty much its worst and the UCI's thundermuppetery isn't exactly a new feature. Dufresne? It will take some bollocs to try that.

My more serious question was, why only Kroon? Do they give individual reminders? If so, agan why was he not aware? If not, who should the blame be laid on?
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.