collapse

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 2504
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #390 on: December 24, 2012, 16:40 »
That would be interesting.. never thought the Dutch had it in them :P

Hey, don't underestimate us!

There's a few riders moving towards a confession apparently, even Boogerd didn't really deny using doping any more. Who knows, perhaps we'll actually get somewhere with this.

But the leader of our anti-doping agency is called Herman Ram. With such a last name, can't expect many good things from him, can we?
  • ReplyReply

• Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 861
    « Reply #391 on: December 25, 2012, 21:43 »
    With Rabo pulling out of the sport already, and Menchov seemingly in deep water, I guess the Dutch have nothing to lose at this point.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11186
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #392 on: December 26, 2012, 01:00 »
    With Rabo pulling out of the sport already, and Menchov seemingly in deep water, I guess the Dutch have nothing to lose at this point.

and if you read the team doping thread

the Dutch we the kings at the dark side around festina
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #393 on: December 26, 2012, 19:52 »
    Vino wants to be credible. Writes to the MPCC
  • ReplyReply

• Michielveedeebee

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 52
    « Reply #394 on: December 26, 2012, 21:05 »

thah
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Craig1985

Kvinto

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 141
    « Reply #395 on: December 27, 2012, 17:35 »

That's OK. I don't see any reason why might Astana not fit into an organization which has Gerolsteiner as one of founding members  ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • "Women buy stuff at sales for the same reason men climb mountains - because they're there" (from 'Under the Dome' by Stephen King)

kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 126
    Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #397 on: December 29, 2012, 17:30 »
    "@broomwagonblog: Italian judge speaks no sh*t. http://t.co/GSwT45ni Cant wait for his report to be published."

"Italian judge says doping is still a problem in cycling"

http://m.cyclingnews.com/news/italian-judge-says-doping-is-still-a-problem-in-cycling
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2048
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #398 on: December 31, 2012, 18:30 »
     #astana http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kashechkin-reinstated-at-astana #astana

The Astana team has reinstated Kazakhstan's Andrey Kashechkin after he signed the team's internal code of conduct. He will now be free to start in the Santos Tour Down Under on January 21.

The team announced the provisional suspension of Kashechkin on December 28 after he refused to sign the document, although no specifics were given regarding which provisions he objected to.

Astana is in the process of trying to improve its image, although its current incarnation escaped 2012 relatively unscathed in the doping-scandal filled year. Its only incidents this season were the suspension of Albert Contador which dated back to his 2010 Tour de France with the squad, and the arrest of French rider Remi di Gregorio in an investigation into illegal practices during his time with Astana in 2011.

Now imo that is jut daft, would not expect anything more though from Vino and Astana.. but still that comes across as pretty lame. It now comes across as something which they have to get done rather than something which actually could help to eradicate doping.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #399 on: January 02, 2013, 09:39 »
    "@bambula: Alex Rasmussen has gotten a month off from his suspension, may race again 1st of March. (in Danish) http://t.co/v8mUWrgf"
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #400 on: January 03, 2013, 19:41 »
    "@bikejourno: Another #Rabobank rider w/ details on doping: Doc Leinders delivered EPO, Luttenberger took some & more http://t.co/dsKIkMb1 #notsurprising"
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #401 on: January 05, 2013, 05:23 »
    "@VictorConte: Same testing facility is used. Some tactics may be different RT @arvinic: i think VADA is more credible than USADA or WADA."
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #402 on: January 14, 2013, 12:23 »
    Good read http://www.journalisten.dk/aarets-indroemmelse-cykelsportens-brandmand

the management of a Doping confession

Nygaard working for Riis
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13163
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #403 on: January 14, 2013, 16:03 »
    she is referring to women's cycling, partially at least:

"I was invited into a team camper and asked what "medicines" I would like to take to help me and was reminded that the team had certain expectations of me during the race and I was not living up to them with my performance over the last couple of stages.

I said I would do my best until I had to drop out of the race, but I was not taking anything."
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13163
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #405 on: January 16, 2013, 16:09 »
    there was an interview with him is austrian newspaper Kleine Zeitung on monday as well - not overly interesting, and already a bit outdated by more recent news, so just google translated:

"Armstrong only want to save his myth"

Jörg Jaksche (36), former professional cyclist and key witness in the Fuentes doping scandal. On confession of Lance Armstrong and the future of the sport

According to "USA Today" Lance Armstrong is planning this week, talk show host Oprah Winfrey in a doping confession. He is unpack your estimation?

JAKSCHE: I think he will turn it as if everyone else had cheated him and he had no other option. On the way, I think he will sell it.

Why, he goes out in public?

JAKSCHE: Armstrong is one who stands to be the center. Now he is the complete anti-hero. But Armstrong is an egomaniac, a man who has always need to work hard. And now he's trying to save, at least a fraction of his myth. The general public now so vilified him and I totally understand that he is trying straighten some things.

You recently stated that in the case of Armstrong's confession threatens a total stop in cycling. Is that really to be feared?

JAKSCHE: Well, if he would say anything that has expired, so the explosive details regarding the UCI and ASO, or that he had pleaded with the French President Nicolas Sarkozy to sack the head of the Paris laboratory, Pierre Bordry - then cycling can first lock for a year.

Stands and falls with the cycling an Armstrong confession?

JAKSCHE: It will go on anyway, but it should just sorted out better. But the entire leadership of the UCI has gone times. The entangle themselves so constantly in contradictions, which also believes no one. And it really depends on the credibility of cycling.

As the UCI suspended with inside?

JAKSCHE: The made to a certain way just bought. Since money has flowed from Armstrong to the UCI.

You were one of the 26 witnesses who testified against Armstrong.

JAKSCHE: I did not testify directly against Armstrong, it was more concerned that I said the UCI, and the organized doping, and the laboratory is corrupt, so and so things are going.

They are gone for years with Armstrong in the peloton. You knew something earlier?

JAKSCHE: After doping at that time was commonplace, imagine us only the question he had something better than we or he was just talented? That something has gone, but it was really clear to everyone.

Was then almost a tacit understanding in cycling. You know it, but they say nothing?

JAKSCHE: Exactly. That was part of the business.

They were crown witness of Fuentes scandal in 2006. At that time, publicly announced there were mainly cyclists, although Fuentes himself has confirmed that only about 30 percent of his clients have been identified. How is that possible?

JAKSCHE: I always ask myself. I know that the police was working well, but from above was then somehow made the cover over it. Since then any ministry has said, stop that is now too sensitive.

Would you say that something has changed since the scandals in cycling circus?

JAKSCHE: Yes, of course. At the time I started doping was completely normal. Since the driver said to one another as if all this means only dextrose. Nowadays, the sponsors make greater pressure, the expected clean performances. But at the end of the day it is also a fact that not everything can be proven.

So it's basically a cat-and-mouse game played by the mice are getting faster?

JAKSCHE: Well, the cat-and-mouse game is more of a system problem.

What would have to change then?

JAKSCHE: A first approach would be for the people for 25 years in cycling there are times their bags would. But it's just difficult when people have something to say, who know how things work just.

Under the name "ChangeCyclingNow" You try and fight another 13 people for clean cycling. Is this about her past not a bit hypocritical?

JAKSCHE: I did what I did at least added. I was part of this system, I've since gone through, I stand to it. But I can give insight to change things.

Cycling actually still has the future and how do you see?

JAKSCHE: the future of cycling has always said he will not disappear from the scene. But the cycling could be much larger. Structurally, because many things are set up totally wrong. Without the small Mental could move much. Then too much pressure would drop, which is the fundamental problem of doping. This affects the way the whole sport.

Then, is the belief in a clean sport naive?

JAKSCHE: Yes, a bit. After the start line all ethics is overthrown. It is everywhere cheated when it comes to power, money, success. And that's not a problem of cycling, but rather a human problem.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #406 on: January 18, 2013, 07:10 »
    "@VictorConte: RT @Vada_Testing: If athletic commissions truly wish to deter cheating, you include unannounced CIR, blood counts. EPO and hGH"
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #407 on: January 18, 2013, 11:27 »
    "@cyclopathy: Lance here, Lance there, Lance everywhere...but if you knew how many Lances are in all professional sports, would you care at all?"
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #408 on: January 19, 2013, 19:26 »
    Danny Nelissen has admitted he has used doping in 1997 & 1998. Dutch Eurosport commentator, @dnelissen.

Happy he admitted, Danny seems to be a nice person. Hope the ball gets rolling in the Dutch camp.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #409 on: January 19, 2013, 22:24 »
    "@cyclopathy: No, only for 8 hrs detectable! VictorConte: Yes RT @markbrogan: Is that right, EPO undetectable 24 hours after intravenous injection?"
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #410 on: January 22, 2013, 15:35 »

Press release: Steve Houanard suspended two years

The International Cycling Union (UCI) announces that Steve Houanard (France), who had returned an adverse analytical finding (presence of EPO) in a urine sample collected during an out-of-competition test on 21 September 2012, is suspended for a period of two years.

Mr Houanard signed a document accepting the sanction on 18th January 2013.
    UCI Communication Services
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #411 on: January 22, 2013, 15:53 »
    http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cycling/rogers-switch-the-talk-of-town-20130122-2d5m1.html

for there to be open gossip I think there will be fire soon
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #412 on: January 22, 2013, 15:55 »
    from tourdejose

Champion System yesterday released a statement in which Wong apologised.

"I have let a lot of people down including the club management, my teammates and sponsors," the statement said. "I will take full responsibility for my actions."

The club claimed that the steroid got into his system accidentally through a medical cream.

http://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/article/1133243/wong-wont-lose-games-gold-after-failing-doping-test-professional
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #414 on: January 28, 2013, 13:23 »
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 325
    « Reply #415 on: January 28, 2013, 20:07 »
    If it's true it's a disgrace... but Strock has a highly inflated opinion of how good he was, ffs! Angus Fraser... hmmm!  ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • "Sturgess, don't you dare get off that bike" - Sean Kelly, Nokere, 1989.

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #416 on: January 28, 2013, 20:11 »
    If it's true it's a disgrace... but Strock has a highly inflated opinion of how good he was, ffs! Angus Fraser... hmmm!  ;)

Not the 1st time reports of junior U.S. teams and coaches injecting kids

flipers should be shoot and let bleed out
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

kabloemski

• Road Captain
    « Reply #418 on: January 30, 2013, 15:57 »
    "@CyclingFlash: Live press conference at 18:00 CET on verdict Frank Schleck's doping case - http://sport.rtl.lu/cyclissem/news/387749.html …"
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Road Captain

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts