collapse

benotti69

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 215
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2012, 09:53 »

Part 2

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/04/news/road/perceptions-of-a-doper-part-ii_213481

VandeVelde:
But there are a lot of guys who go out of their way to be transparent and try to regain the respect of the fans. They obviously care a lot more about the sport.”

Transparency is admitting what you took, how long you were taking it for, where you bought it, and who administered it! Not too many have done that. Manzano is 1 that i know, Floyd is another.

Edit: Just remembered Kohl is another.
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10425
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #91 on: April 16, 2012, 10:04 »
    Transparency is admitting what you took, how long you were taking it for, where you bought it, and who administered it! Not too many have done that. Manzano is 1 that i know, Floyd is another.

Edit: Just remembered Kohl is another.

I guess we can add

Tyler to the list now
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #92 on: April 16, 2012, 10:09 »
    I guess we can add

Tyler to the list now

I did not see the 60 mins on CBS in USA but did he list out his history of doping or just in relation to USPS?
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #93 on: April 16, 2012, 10:11 »
    I'm glad these interviews were conducted from the pov of general awareness but I'm not sure if they tell us anything particularly new. Indeed you can almost hear the sighs of resignation or reluctance.

Sometimes I think it would be better to do interviews on condition of anonymity. That way, we might get a glimpse of something more than the thin veneer of respectability that covers up all those vested interests.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #94 on: April 16, 2012, 10:15 »
    I'm glad these interviews were conducted from the pov of general awareness but I'm not sure if they tell us anything particularly new. Indeed you can almost hear the sighs of resignation or reluctance.

Sometimes I think it would be better to do interviews on condition of anonymity. That way, we might get a glimpse of something more than the thin veneer of respectability that covers up all those vested interests.

I agree. But maybe it would have been better to stick the 1 or 2 anonymous in their along with these interviews. But they could've used Manzono's well documented doping as an example.

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #95 on: April 16, 2012, 10:18 »
    I did not see the 60 mins on CBS in USA but did he list out his history of doping or just in relation to USPS?

there you go benotti

• ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #96 on: April 16, 2012, 10:52 »
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 21
    « Reply #97 on: April 18, 2012, 20:41 »
    http://news.yahoo.com/illegal-drugs-available-runup-olympics-083735064--spt.html

First time I heard of genetic doping/gene splice doping was when "My Lance," gave an interview, discussing doping after retirement 1.0. Lance said,'It is important to nip genetic doping in the bud, as it will be undetectable, and proving genetic doping will be impossible.' Lance always held the Olympics in high regard, although he admitted that doping has always been around the Olympics, since the first Olympics, where the Greeks and others doped with cocaine. I guess Lance was reading history books many others never have seen.
    Be that as it may, in the yahoo article, they mention undetectable doping products, which as far as I know started happening after Simpson died, and drug testing took off. Watching cycling in the 70s and reading International Cycling sport, Mirror du Cyclisme, it was obvious that chemists were flipping molecules and creating not yet banned, or undetectable PEDs. WADA has its work cut out for them. What did they say, 35 positive EPO tests out of 235,000  drug tests?
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #99 on: April 19, 2012, 10:51 »

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/could-another-positive-doping-case-push-holczer-to-leave-katusha

Sometimes the things people say come back to haunt them. Could this be true for Holczer this season?

There have not been many whole-team collapses in pro cycling. It takes a lot to tear one down with the main factor being sponsor withdrawal, something which I don't see ever being a problem for Katusha. There are plenty of oligarchs with money to launder.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:22 by L'arriviste »

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #100 on: April 19, 2012, 14:32 »
    The Italian National Anti-Doping Tribunal has today issued its verdict in the Riccardo Ricco doping case, banning the 28-year-old for 12 years after he admitted to self-administering a blood transfusion in February 2011.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3748
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Reigning Giro Prediction ChampVelorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #101 on: April 19, 2012, 15:08 »
    The Italian National Anti-Doping Tribunal has today issued its verdict in the Riccardo Ricco doping case, banning the 28-year-old for 12 years after he admitted to self-administering a blood transfusion in February 2011.

... = a life time sentence. I hope he manages to get his life back on track.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1418
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #102 on: April 19, 2012, 18:30 »
     If you can be bothered to listen to their latest podcast:
    http://www.realpeloton.com/
    ...........and wade through a lot of dinner time prattle, in amongst the general cycling chat,
    Matt Rendell makes a couple of comments, suggesting that Denis Menchov and a certain diminutive Venezuelan are soon to be busted.

• ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #103 on: April 19, 2012, 18:33 »
    ...........and wade through a lot of dinner time prattle, in amongst the general cycling chat,
    Matt Rendell makes a couple of comments, suggesting that Denis Menchov and a certain diminutive Venezuelan are soon to be busted.

Thats some big news if it happens
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #104 on: April 19, 2012, 18:35 »

Interesting. Begs the question: whence does Rendell get his insider info? But you can figure the sort of spin they'd put on it:

Rujano would be sent back to the old country with tail between legs and much would be made of his "difficult nature" in Europe, isolating him from everyone else in the bunch (and therefore le métier). Vultures will continue to circle around Savio whose team is registered in Venezuela.

And Menchov (who clocked 9 on the ABP-linked L'Equipe list, no?) is bordering on ancient anyway. That could be written up as an ageing rider desperate to "keep his finger on the knob of youth". Then Holczer to leave Katusha?
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #105 on: April 20, 2012, 03:46 »
    It was rumored last year that if Katusha had another positive drug test it would fold.(Last year.)
    I guess that problem was "fixed." It would be sad to see Menchov go down.
    Savio, "The Little Prince," is bigger than cycling, no problem there.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 475
    « Reply #106 on: April 20, 2012, 12:43 »
    BOA expects to lose court battle with Wada over drugs ban

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/17781706
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #107 on: April 20, 2012, 13:17 »
    Interesting. Begs the question: whence does Rendell get his insider info? But you can figure the sort of spin they'd put on it:

Rujano would be sent back to the old country with tail between legs and much would be made of his "difficult nature" in Europe, isolating him from everyone else in the bunch (and therefore le métier). Vultures will continue to circle around Savio whose team is registered in Venezuela.

And Menchov (who clocked 9 on the ABP-linked L'Equipe list, no?) is bordering on ancient anyway. That could be written up as an ageing rider desperate to "keep his finger on the knob of youth". Then Holczer to leave Katusha?

there is such a dark side to pro cycling who knows what goes on.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Zam

• Classics Winner

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Zam

• Classics Winner

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #113 on: April 26, 2012, 13:28 »
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/apr/25/san-diego-grand-jury-investigating-cyclist-landis-/
    Floyd falls down.
    Kick him.

Floyd gets desperate.
    Kick him again.

Floyd admits.
    Kick him some more.
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #114 on: April 26, 2012, 19:21 »
    Floyd falls down.
    Kick him.

Floyd gets desperate.
    Kick him again.

Floyd admits.
    Kick him some more.

Floyd had his chance when Greg called him out.
    Since then Floyd has made more and more bad decisions.
    As his Mennonite brothers said about Floyd, sometimes good people do bad things.

Floyd did say he would pay back those who supported him in the Floyd Fairness Fund.

Well Floyd......where's the money?

Floyd needs to truly repent.

It isn't about USPS, Lord Armstrong, or Floyds' past.

It is about Floyds' future.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:43 by L'arriviste »

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3287
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #115 on: April 27, 2012, 00:44 »
    I actually dont have a problem with them taking action against Floyd.

He did raise funds from the public under false pretenses, and that is not ok for me.

The fact that Lance Armstrong (or any number of other people) did whatever he did and got away with it, doesnt make Floyds actions ok.

• ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #116 on: April 27, 2012, 06:07 »

Can you learn to quote properly?  :fp  how are you sure that he doesn't fully repent?
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #117 on: April 27, 2012, 06:25 »
    Can you learn to quote properly?  :fp  how are you sure that he doesn't fully repent?
    If he repented, it seems that he would have done it long ago, not at a convenient time.
    Personally, I feel sorry for Floyd. He is a nice person who was caught in a maze of deceit.
    So much of it was not of his own making, he was playing the same game as all of them.
    So sorry to see Floyd as a fall guy. I hope the best for him. His old cronies need to bail him out.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #118 on: April 27, 2012, 08:53 »
    If he repented, it seems that he would have done it long ago, not at a convenient time.
    Personally, I feel sorry for Floyd. He is a nice person who was caught in a maze of deceit.
    So much of it was not of his own making, he was playing the same game as all of them.
    So sorry to see Floyd as a fall guy. I hope the best for him. His old cronies need to bail him out.

This sums it up nicely. I don't know if he's a nice person or not (I suspect it doesn't matter) but he must be wondering when it's all going to end. A painful process indeed, but a necessary one. :o
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #119 on: April 27, 2012, 09:10 »

How do any of us know where Floyd is at? He may have repented, but not publicly. When you see how many fans actually care about doping and how many have put Floyd down for what he has done so far, he is damned if he does and if he doesn't.

He was caught in a maze of deceit and i still get the impression that he is not out of it.

Floyd is currently in a state of purgatory, not able to reach the promised land and not wanting to descend into hell, to use a religious analogy.

I too hope that he can move on and the sooner the better.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.