collapse

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1396
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #990 on: April 04, 2014, 12:56 »
I suppose Team Sky have admitted using Tramadol and more or less said they will do so in the future "if medically justified"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sky-calls-for-tramadol-ban-in-peloton

I've heard rumours (Jeremy Whittle) that Michael Barry's book will detail use of tramadol. It remains to be seen whether it was medically justified...
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11186
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #992 on: April 09, 2014, 08:17 »
    Neutral service car from Energiewacht Tour

:lol
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #993 on: April 09, 2014, 20:09 »
    http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=70773Stefano Agostini has decided to put an end to his career caught, according to the complaint, the UCI doping network, for a penalty of 15 months for their positive with Colstebol, "ointment" that declared for therapeutic use and had prescribed.

"I give up a system that has decided that at age 25 I quit being a professional cyclist," proclaims former Cannondale racer in a letter to President Brian Cookson dela UCI, WADA expert Francesca Rossi, the president of Gianni Bugno CPA and President of the Italian Federation Renato Di Rocco.

Agostini was provisionally suspended by the UCI for an "adverse analytical finding" in a urine sample taken at the Italian rider in an out of competition on August 21, and fired by his team. "I think the punishment has been decided for me is not correct as I have never used my biological passport doping is impeccable," said in his letter.

His nightmare began when the Cologne lab detected in control urine 0.7 nanograms (0.000000007 grams) of Clostebol, an ingredient of an ointment "had declared at the time of control and he had regularly prescribed by a physician to treat a rash. " "Everyone knows that you can not be doped with an ointment, prescribed by your doctor, and sold at any pharmacy or drug store, even without a prescription," he says.

Stresses that although "the UCI itself has recognized the use of Trofodermin cream for a therapeutic purpose" has imposed a penalty of 15 months, "a grotesque conclusion."

Assume that the Italian Cycling Federation to ratify the decision of the UCI and only he would resort to TAS, an expenditure of "30,000-35,000 euros" can not assume.

All this leads to "deep disappointment in the values ​​of honesty, justice and equality." "I leave professional cycling with dignity, never knowing that I cheated. I think this story, it has ruined my career and destroyed my dreams, also undermine the credibility, usefulness and the infallibility of its doping control system "

The full letter:

I want to clarify that my acceptance of the sanction is to be understood as a statement of capitulation: give up a system that has decided that at age 25 I quit being a professional cyclist.

I think the punishment you've decided for me is not correct and I do not feel at all that belongs to me as I have never used performance-enhancing drugs.

My biological passport is impeccable, different and multiple blood tests can not fail.

It's just Emeritus Cologne laboratory detected the presence of 0.7 millionths of a gram in my urine of a substance called Clostebol, the active ingredient of Trofodermin ointment that I had declared at the time of control and he had prescribed regularly by a physician to treat a rash.

The laboratory has been reported in very small extent, which was declared in perfect good faith. If I had not said, probably I would not be in this paradoxical situation, because it still would not have found. This remains a strong and unresolved question in my mind.

Everyone knows that you can not be doped with an ointment, prescribed by your doctor, and sold at any pharmacy or drug store, even without a prescription.

Well, after 7 long months of suspensions, explanations of the circumstances of the facts of the case, to request additional information maturing short-term and urgent, stressful waiting for some reaction from you (which came after weeks of my systematic inquiry), wear and tension mixed with fear ... The UCI estimated, despite having a very clear situation, documented beyond any doubt, he decided to treat me in a way much more severe than other athletes who "stumbled "with Trofodermin, even in the same way that one who does and has done in the past use of EPO, cocaine, blood transfusions or manipulations of his own blood, proposing a ban on 15 months, in addition to payment of costs incurred by you it's almost like a bad joke.

If your conclusion is that I will impose a disqualification certainly excessive, what is most striking are the reasons for this choice. The documentation provided by me duly demonstrated in his terms the veracity of my version and my honesty, UCI itself has recognized the use of Trofodermin cream for a therapeutic purpose, motivated by a prescription. But this explanation and justification was not enough, given the attribution of responsibility.

This is the culmination of the process of accepting the proposed sanction me for months, ostensibly to speed up the decision and avoid a trial and expenses related purpose. Obviously, none of this has happened, then the conclusion is grotesque.

The alternative that comes imposed is the transmission of the file to the Italian Cycling Federation in the development process after which the authority will have to confirm the decision disqualifying 15 months, otherwise the UCI, as already said it frankly in a tone of covert blackmail, recourse to the CAS in Lausanne; to me that defense would have a total cost of about 30-35,000 euros I do not have.

I dare say, in the light of the absurd conclusion of this case, the "red" Doping UCI has undoubtedly some dysfunction, since it does not distinguish as to who gets trapped, even the light of the circumstances that must definitely distinguish one case from another, like mine and the consumption of "real" doping in order to alter the performance and skew the results.

Reiterating then as the end of my career in cycling is due exclusively to 0.7 nanograms (0.000000007 g) of Clostebol to the same knowledge as an ointment used once in order to cure, medical recommendation, a disease demonstrated I would add that this vicissitude leads me to a profound disillusionment in the values ​​of honesty, justice and equality in the sense of treating similar situations equally and different situations differently.

Dejo professional cycling with dignity, never knowing that I cheated and I conquered all my results with dedication and sacrifice, aware that this absurd story has also caused considerable damage to my image.

Finally, I think this story has ruined my career and destroyed my dreams, also undermine the credibility, usefulness and the infallibility of its doping control system.

Sincerely,
    Stefano Agostini
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4020
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #995 on: April 12, 2014, 01:00 »
    Truly the Minister for Sport in Aus is a complete MORON !!!   :fp

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #997 on: April 17, 2014, 16:17 »
    Here is some of the top Swedish athletes (31m30s) admitting taking some of the stuff that shocked Kimmage so much ;)

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Servais Knavendish

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 476
    « Reply #999 on: May 16, 2014, 21:53 »
    Big fan of Alex Dowsett but his PR team need to wake up, I appreciate his piece in CW is anti Tramadol, but talking of trialling the (albeit not banned) drug as a performance enhancer in training sends out a double standard, I am not advocating Omertà but following the gaffe re LA, Alex's team would be wise to recommend less DNF's and less 'keen to please interviews'.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #1000 on: May 17, 2014, 06:14 »
    Big fan of Alex Dowsett but his PR team need to wake up, I appreciate his piece in CW is anti Tramadol, but talking of trialling the (albeit not banned) drug as a performance enhancer in training sends out a double standard, I am not advocating Omertà but following the gaffe re LA, Alex's team would be wise to recommend less DNF's and less 'keen to please interviews'.

no it doesn´t set a double standard if Doping = WADA code

if as a rider you are of that line of thought then it fine to test, now if you finding not for you and then later talking about is a good thing to mind.

Re the Armstrong thing aye well live and learn I guess

Talansky did not say anything re his Garmin teammates whill ripping into Santa

• ReplyReply

• Servais Knavendish

• Hot Prospect
    « Reply #1001 on: May 17, 2014, 09:06 »
    Hi JSG you are right - I think it just saddened me that a great young rider was in a situation where it was ok to test riding with albeit non banned pain killers, says more about the last vestiges of my naïveté than any dark side inference on mr dowsett whom I really rate.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #1002 on: May 17, 2014, 09:49 »
    "Hey Joan, do you have a headache? I take this stuff, it works a treat"
    "Oh thanks Betty"

Alex is doing nothing different here, nothing illegal and it's a huge longbow to draw it to anything malicious.

Although I do remember Phinney's words from a few years ago.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Servais Knavendish

• Hot Prospect
    « Reply #1003 on: May 17, 2014, 21:20 »
    T - no longbow or even set of pub darts with broken flights here, I 100% believe in the rider who has done so much good in his work as a GT stage winning haemophiliac , and whom I hope and believe will one day, 100% cleanly, pick up a set of TT rainbow bands.  My issue was that the PR team should have stepped in to stop a great young rider giving another semi-controversial interview, when there is much more to be said from him on the road.
  • ReplyReply

• Servais Knavendish

• Hot Prospect
    « Reply #1004 on: May 17, 2014, 21:25 »
    To that end, and I have no idea, does Sky Andrew have any experience as a agent for any other top cyclists?
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1078
    « Reply #1005 on: May 17, 2014, 22:07 »
    To that end, and I have no idea, does Sky Andrew have any experience as a agent for any other top cyclists?

I don't think he has. From what I know about him his sporting clients are mostly footballers with the odd cricketer every now and then. Probably the most high profile person he's represented in any sport is Sol Campbell.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #1006 on: May 22, 2014, 08:23 »
    I think we had this already

Jimmy Briceño (1986) dio positivo por EPO en la Vuelta al Táchira

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=71907
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6777
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #1009 on: June 17, 2014, 19:42 »
    Per the tweet above, Patrick Facchini of Androni Giocattoli tested positive for Tuaminoheptine after Stage 3 of the 2014 Tour of Belgium.

He blames the result on the Rinofluimucil medication recommended by his team doctor for sinusitis contracted after an altitude training camp.

• ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7563
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1010 on: June 17, 2014, 20:07 »
    He blames the result on the Rinofluimucil medication recommended by his team doctor for sinusitis contracted after an altitude training camp.
    And now in plain English, please. :P ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1630
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #1012 on: June 26, 2014, 20:14 »
    This might deserve its own thread:

interview of Inga Thompson with open discussion of USAC and Eddie B involvement in blood doping and some nice race stories

http://www.theouterline.com/perspectives-on-doping-in-pro-cycling-2-inga-thompson-5/

Eye-opening, at least for me, on the extent of practice in the 1980's. It is one view - but still illuminating, and not a voice we have heard from in many a year - and I don't think EVER heard from on these topics.

Rated Must Read if you spend any time reading the dark side.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13158
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1013 on: June 26, 2014, 20:42 »
    This might deserve its own thread

yep, and there already is ;)

http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=5881.0
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1630
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #1014 on: June 26, 2014, 20:52 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #1015 on: June 27, 2014, 13:58 »
    more doing this for myself so I can find them easy  :D

Bo hamburger talked with Michael Creed

http://www.cyclismas.com/biscuits/open-mic-with-mike-creed-bo-hamburger/

http://www.cyclismas.com/biscuits/open-mic-with-mike-creed-bo-hamburger-part-2/

the few Creed podcasts I have listened too I liked and Bo is an interesting case in Doping for mind
  • ReplyReply

• Race Radio

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 312
    « Reply #1016 on: June 27, 2014, 17:32 »
    more doing this for myself so I can find them easy  :D

Bo hamburger talked with Michael Creed

http://www.cyclismas.com/biscuits/open-mic-with-mike-creed-bo-hamburger/

http://www.cyclismas.com/biscuits/open-mic-with-mike-creed-bo-hamburger-part-2/

the few Creed podcasts I have listened too I liked and Bo is an interesting case in Doping for mind

Interesting views on Riis.

Bo says clearly Riis facilitated the introduction of Basso, Hamilton, etc to Fuentes
  • ReplyReply
  • Pro Cycling is like sausage, I love it but I don't want to know how it is made.

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #1017 on: June 27, 2014, 17:40 »
    Sitting down for a listen now.

• ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #1018 on: June 27, 2014, 19:17 »
    Well thats Cecchini and Riis thrown well and truly under the bus.

Part 2 is the more interesting from a darkside aspect.

Talks about joining what was then Jack and Jones, Riis was living in Italy and they both had the same "trainer, doctor, whatever" (Cecchini).

On his doping positive said Riis knew about it because he knew everything he did, but afterwards Riis always had a lawyer whenever they met, and told the team not to talk with him.  Clearly bad blood between him and Bjarne.

• ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #1019 on: June 27, 2014, 21:51 »
    Interesting views on Riis.

Bo says clearly Riis facilitated the introduction of Basso, Hamilton, etc to Fuentes

How would Bo Hamburger know that for certain? time of that revelation in the interview?
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by al_pacino
    [December 11, 2019, 22:01]

Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling by search
    [December 11, 2019, 17:46]

Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling by Joelsim
    [December 11, 2019, 16:52]

Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling by Leadbelly