collapse

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 1784
  • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
Re: Darkside - General news
« Reply #750 on: August 05, 2013, 21:50 »
Correction: Michael Skelde is owner of Skelde Cykling, organising the cycling team that was known for many years as Glud & Marstrand, and is now Team Cult Energy.
The owner of CWO that you're referring to is Claus Hembo (probably, haven't seen the program myself yet).
Very important difference.

Yes you are very right it was Claus Hembo, why I get those mixed up always I really don't know.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6777
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #751 on: August 05, 2013, 23:01 »
    I don't know about the current status of Operacion Carrera but Victor De La Parte was named in that bust - the 2011 one with the link to an Andorran pharmacy - and he was riding with Caja Rural back then. I doubt that he was totally cleared of any involvement.

Guillaume Pont was the sole Frenchman named in that investigation. Pont was riding for SP Tableware before testing positive for EPO. SP Tableware is De La Parte's current team. A modest 10-man UCI Continental squad, SP Tableware has always batted above its weight though only one star rider ever came from there: Ioannis Tamouridis, who now rides for EUS.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Sauna in Duvel

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 83
    « Reply #752 on: August 09, 2013, 10:50 »
    As per retweet by Dim of last eve:

Pro Cycling Stats @ProCyclingStats
    Positive dopingtest for Ilaria Sanguineti @BePinkTeam http://pic.twitter.com/Xi1qHKC6ft

Clostebol, from a medicine called Trofodermin, which apparently (according to Wikipedia) contains Clostebol in Italy, but not in many other countries.

I did attempt to translate the document above via translate and it suggests she crashed stage 2 of the Giro, took some treatment for skin damage, and it showed up in a later race. She went to the Federation, explained error and took a receipt for the drug. Awaiting outcome on sanction.

Recently likened to Peter Sagan for wheelies on the bike: http://pic.twitter.com/u6PjcxhL6y

Also now found the original thread on the forum! I did search by name!. :slow

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 13:42 by Sauna in Duvel »

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11175
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #754 on: August 10, 2013, 06:59 »
    http://twitter.com/mattslaterbbc/status/365945627894497282

The more you look the worse it gets , everyday for years and years

Anti doping , meh
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #755 on: August 20, 2013, 06:54 »
    Another fat troubled cricketer with booze issues gets done for weight loss drugs.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/newzealand/content/story/663593.html
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #757 on: August 23, 2013, 00:56 »
    Cycling Australia statutatory declarations for all riders to sign.

http://www.cycling.org.au/site/cycling/national/downloads/2013/Admin/CA-ACT%20NT%20-%20No%20doping%20declaration%20policy.pdf

failure to sign document, lose CA registration (so cant ride worlds), sign to say doped, referred to panel.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #758 on: August 26, 2013, 19:41 »
    http://twitter.com/hinaultseb/status/372061422076706816

"I'm nearly the same age as him but he doesn't inspire me much, the new leader of the Vuelta! #jailuhamilton"
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #759 on: August 27, 2013, 17:40 »
    Rio got any important sporting events coming up  :rolleye

WADA revokes accreditation of Rio de Janeiro Laboratory
    August 27, 2013
    The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has revoked the accreditation of the laboratory the LAB DOP – LADETEC / IQ – UFRJ Doping Control Laboratory (LADETEC) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil due to non-compliance with the International Standard for Laboratories (ISL) and the related Technical Documents.

The revocation will enter into force September 25, 2013 and means that the laboratory – which is currently suspended – will no longer be authorized to carry out the testing of doping control samples on behalf of WADA or any testing authority.

In the meantime, the suspension remains applicable and LADETEC is therefore ineligible to perform analysis of doping control samples for any testing authority.

The decision was taken by WADA’s Executive Committee following a thorough review of the status of the laboratory by WADA’s Disciplinary Panel.WADA suspended the Rio laboratory accreditation on August 8, 2013 before a decision on revocation was taken by the Executive Committee.

The laboratory may appeal this decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport within 21 days. It may also choose to reapply for accreditation, and can seek “fast track” process from the Executive Committee.

The decision made by WADA’s Executive Committee marks the second time the Rio laboratory has fallen below the required standards set by WADA. The laboratory was also suspended for nine months in January 2012, before being reinstated following a WADA site visit that ensured the proper corrective actions had been implemented.

Pursuant to the ISL, WADA is responsible for accrediting and re-accrediting anti-doping laboratories, thereby ensuring that they maintain the highest quality standards. This monitoring role is conducted in conjunction with ISO assessment by independent national accreditation bodies that are full members of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC).

Whenever a laboratory does not meet ISL requirements, WADA may suspend the laboratory’s accreditation. WADA may revoke a laboratory’s accreditation for repeated failures to comply with the ISL and related Technical Documents.

http://playtrue.wada-ama.org/news/wada-revokes-accreditation-of-rio-de-janeiro-laboratory/
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13101
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #761 on: September 10, 2013, 16:47 »
    Report is that Androni has suspended Francesco Reda, a rider I very nearly added to my Index of Suspicion.

http://www.direttaciclismo.it/news/doping/francesco-reda-sospeso-13030.php (IT)

http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/22883/androni-venezuela-schorst-francesco-reda.html (NL)

Reda is back again on the road, he did take part in GP de Fourmies this weekend.

interestingly, according to Savio, it was the UCI who forced Androni to let him ride again

(gt)  "On March 13, we stopped the runner Francesco Reda to protect his health, we had subsequently reinstated and then suspended on June 21 as the International Cycling Union had requested the Italian Cycling Federation to open a disciplinary investigation against him for potential anti-doping rule violation. Although suspended the athlete has continued to receive a regular monthly salary.
    Now the U.C.I. has forced us to re-integrate the runner, although it is always open disciplinary proceedings against him. We take note of, and in compliance with a decision, which we believe truly unique and absolutely do not agree, we will register the runner at the Grand Prix de Fourmies scheduled for Sunday, September 8.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/altri_sport/ciclismo/2013/09/07-333901/%C2%ABL%E2%80%99Uci+ci+impone+di+far+correre+Reda%C2%BB
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #762 on: September 10, 2013, 18:33 »
    nice PR from Androni. covers Savio's rear end. he won't want an off-season like two years ago.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #765 on: September 19, 2013, 08:49 »

rant mod on

these things pee me off , if you do not want to be woken up then put a different time on your wearabouts form through Adams - If the time is 6-7 then just flipping deal with it you wrote the time down.

flipping idiots , and I like Ludvigsson as a rider , meh

rant mode off
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #766 on: September 19, 2013, 11:08 »
    So you've never been annoyed by late traffic, a long sprint stage, a minor inconvenience you had to get through then?

There was nothing in that tweet where you could assume HE was having a rant or was anything but annoyed by the inconvenience.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #767 on: September 19, 2013, 11:17 »
    So you've never been annoyed by late traffic, a long sprint stage, a minor inconvenience you had to get through then?

There was nothing in that tweet where you could assume HE was having a rant or was anything but annoyed by the inconvenience.

part of his job , if they do not like it change time of tests or stop competing simple
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #768 on: September 19, 2013, 11:19 »
    Not really doping news but

Amgen and *au new prime minister

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2013/09/13/cheap-at-twice-the-price-the-prime-minister-and-big-pharma
    I did notice that on the photos and media video bites. Caused a bit of a wince.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #769 on: September 19, 2013, 11:22 »
    part of his job , if they do not like it change time of tests or stop competing simple
    So if you don't like watching sprint stages, don't watch them, simple.

If you don't like waiting in traffic commuting, walk/cycle, simple.

Being annoyed at something =/= ranting/raging at it or complaining about the anti-doping process. That's your assumption.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #770 on: September 19, 2013, 11:28 »
    So if you don't like watching sprint stages, don't watch them, simple.

If you don't like waiting in traffic commuting, walk/cycle, simple.

Being annoyed at something =/= ranting/raging at it or complaining about the anti-doping process. That's your assumption.

go read the post again , hint the typed bits are my thoughts on the tweet

complaining about being woken up and the sarcastic I did not want sleep - it is his fault they came a 6am

bit argumentative today tuarts ?

the above examples you give are outside of your/my control putting down 6am-7am for doping control makes it in the riders control - so complaining commenting about being woken up, when you put the time down is stupid

same as asking for a wake up call in a hotel only to bitch about being woken up = stupid 
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #771 on: September 19, 2013, 11:38 »
    go read the post again , hint the typed bits are my thoughts on the tweet

complaining about being woken up and the sarcastic I did not want sleep - it is his fault they came a 6am

bit argumentative today tuarts ?

the above examples you give are outside of your/my control putting down 6am-7am for doping control makes it in the riders control - so complaining commenting about being woken up, when you put the time down is stupid

same as asking for a wake up call in a hotel only to bitch about being woken up = stupid

I'm argumentative but you're the one calling riders flipping idiots for a casual tweet about being annoyed? Right...

Remember that, it was a tweet. Not an article with quotes complaining about the process of having to designate a time (normally early because it's the most feasible and practical) to be contacted for a drug test.

The above examples are similar analogies to what can happen. You choose to watch a race, you choose to do something with your time that you can be doing other things with. Just because you make a negative remark about it, does not mean you suddenly hate cycling or want to stop watching . You just grumble and move on. Twitter is remarkable in that it does give people that sort of soapbox.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #772 on: September 19, 2013, 12:01 »
    http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=65927

GT

The Rusada, Russian Anti-Doping Agency has banned for life by Alexander Budaragin. The runner who started the season in the ranks of continental Helicopters accumulated two positives in less than a year.

The first by EPO, in July 2012 when he was caught in the sixth stage of the Tour de Martinique, in which the Russian rider won a stage and the final General. The second positive, a substance which has not yet been revealed, took place on June 4 in Izvetsk where a sleeve disputed Russian championship mountain.

Budaragin, 26, went through the ranks of the Romanian Continental Tusnad in 2011 and last year was stagiaire with Rusvelo. This 2013, after leaving mid April Helicopters, ran with the team of the Samara region. Its leading posts have been the 3rd in a stage of the Grand Prix of Adygeya, the 5th in the Five Rings of Moscow (2.2) or 8 ° in the two tests Ukrainian Race Horizon Park (both category 1.2), and just 35 ° National Championship.

The penalty is effective from July 10 this year.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #773 on: September 20, 2013, 09:35 »
    he UCI advised Italian rider Stefano Agostini that he is provisionally suspended. The decision to provisionally suspend this rider was made in response to a report from the WADA-accredited laboratory in Köln indicating an adverse analytical finding of clostebol in a urine sample collected from him in an out of competition test on 21 August 2013.

The provisional suspension of Mr. Agostini remains in force until a hearing panel convened by the Italian Cycling Federation determines whether he has committed an anti-doping rule violation under Article 21 of the UCI Anti-Doping Rules.

Mr. Agostini has the right to request and attend the analysis of his B sample.

Under the World Anti-Doping Code and the UCI Anti-Doping Rules, the UCI is unable to provide any additional information at this time.

UCI Press Service

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails2011.asp?id=OTYyNw
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #775 on: September 26, 2013, 14:58 »

• ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #776 on: September 26, 2013, 15:13 »
    Last ditch attempt at presidential point scoring, anybody? :D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #777 on: September 26, 2013, 15:41 »
    Press Release: CADF announces new independent Foundation Board

Addressing a meeting of UCI Management Committee, taking place alongside the 2013 Road World Championships in Florence, CADF Director Dr Francesca Rossi announced that the new Foundation Board will be presided over by Dr. George Ruijsch Van Dugteren. The board will also include two legal experts respectively in Swiss law and anti-doping/results management, Maitre Christophe Misteli and Thomas Capdevielle from IAAF, as well as a financial expert Yvan Haymoz.
    Dr Rossi said of the new Foundation Board: “The new board does not include any members of the UCI senior management, further strengthening its independence from cycling's governing body. I am particularly delighted that Dr George Ruijsch will be chairing the new Foundation Board of the CADF. Dr Ruijsch is someone with enormous experience in the field of anti-doping, invaluable to the CADF. He will be accompanied in this role by an internationally recognised and eminent group of experts who will constitute the new board.”

Dr Rossi also announced that the CADF, which continues to work closely with the World Anti-Doping Agency, has been awarded an ISO certification from an independent standards body for all its activities.  The ISO 9001:2008 certification recognises the high quality of CADF's anti-doping activities in the areas of Test Planning, Registered Testing Pool, and Sample Collection.  Dr Rossi also confirmed that the supervision of the athletes' biological program remains outsourced to the Athlete Passport Management Unit (APMU) in Lausanne.

In addition, the Management Committee accepted the principles of the stakeholder working group proposals for major reforms of professional cycling submitted by the Professional Cycling Council (PCC). The reforms will start to come into effect in 2015 and will be completed by 2020, after a progressive implementation plan has been put in place.

UCI Communications Services
    ogram remains outsourced to the Athlete Passport Management Unit (APMU) in Lausanne.
    In addition, the Management Committee accepted the principles of the stakeholder working group proposals for major reforms of professional cycling submitted by the Professional Cycling Council (PCC). The reforms will start to come into effect in 2015 and will be completed by 2020, after a progressive implementation plan has been put in place.

UCI Communications Services
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #779 on: September 30, 2013, 21:53 »
    Sounds like a very hard hitting speech from Dick Pound

http://www.e-comlaw.com/world-sports-law-report/hottopic.asp?id=1364
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts